Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. AV Loyal Player

IMO Staff is ideal for tanking due to its double 360 pbaoe knockdown combo which can be spammed and clipped with all of our other 360 pbaoe, combined with it's single target perma-stun combo. No positioning required compared to other weapons and the combo tempo lines up perfectly with all of our cooldowns. The physics stack too, so for example we can do Downward Smash Combo clipped with Flashpoint to launch mobs 20ft into the air then follow immediately with Backdraft to keep the CC train going. By the time the mobs are getting back to their feet, they go flying again. Can also cut the combo short by clipping onto the first of the hold attacks instead of the second, so with a lot of mobs and the need for faster CC tap tap hold clipped with Backdraft is still enough to perma-CC everything. Very flexible for a variety of loadouts/situations and builds a lot of breathing room.
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Thought I would do some fire parsing until test server is up now that i've switched on live and found something I didn't see mentioned here for melee that while would need to be tested in content is practical enough on the targets.

39,525 might no buffs
    there are a few parses where I missed Fireburst on the 1 target cause of the cc/positioning but when the rotation was working correctly and getting realistic crit % 40k, 40k, 43k, 38k with some dips
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

That's what I like about fire. Not super OP but still top shelf. There are a few different loadouts you can run that are strictly fire powers that will get nearly the same damage, but this one seems to be a lot better with power consumption. One thing I've found with fire melee is that you can really take more heavy damage compared to rage or earth it seems and some healers in LFG or PUG groups get pretty whiny so I just stick to the regular mid range style. Maybe you'll have different findings though. Can't wait to see what else you dig up for this video, especially for tanking
  4. FALLEN-ONE Active Player

Yep yep. Dervish Vortex is extremely underrated and I have been killing it for dps in healer role with speed drain, deathmark sc gen and stuff when I was celest. Fire has really really good potential especially if you manage to work in sc gen for more gemini spam and while still having inferno in the lo for stronger DoT. Maybe Meteor or inferno/vortex/stoke/speed drain/fp/sidekick, immolation for dmg slash clip. Idk how much dmg immolation does but it could be useful too for clips. Definitely be interested to see what you come up with with fire. I’ve tested like everything including weaponization with super strength/neo venom boost and meteor smacks lol. Fireburst is really op but idk if it’d work that great if up close. On dummies no surprises there even if missing a couple of targets. In raids I don’t think that will work but I never actually went ahead and did it in a raid. Speed drain+dots+vortex are awesome. Vortex is really nice because it’s similar to lacerate but even if blocked with dots and stuff ticking you don’t completely lose on everything and still do decent damage, not top dmg but decent. Fireburst though is a different story, hit or miss mostly especially if close tange dpsing and cc’d by the adds. Maybe meteor taps could work instead of fb? Kinda wanna go test in myself but I’m on a platform lol
    • Like x 1
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Curious... how does it compare to Shield? One of the reasons I like Shield is that it has one of the smoothest and longest-reaching lunges, plus with Shield an interrupting move is a tap-hold on melee (tap-hold-hold becomes a cross-weapon combo with two-handed if you want "Home Run mastery").
  6. AV Loyal Player

Staff's got a good lunge, the only downside there is that hold-hold is the start of a combo so if you misjudge the distance (which isn't really an issue) you have a to wait a sec to lunge again, unlike some weapons. It's a max-reach lunge though.

The big reason I like staff though for fire over other weapons is because in melee, Fire is heavily PBAOE + CC based and so is staff, so it's a natural fit that's further enhanced by all the CDs lining up perfectly with the tap-tap-tap-hold-hold timing. Shield's fine but like every other non-staff weapon, it's damage is primarily directional in nature. Staff on Fire's basically just spamming a combo and sorta keeping yourself in the vicinity of the mobs, while swiveling the target to farm counters a/r and switching to ST spinorama w/e needed (eg. summoner type mobs). It's a pretty underrated weapon IMO. Great melee options, high burst damage, good combo speed with faster attack speed when needed, and ranged tap does good damage.

Of the combo in general? Or of the physics stacking part? Either way, I'll see what I can do. Been meaning to rebrand my YT for a while now.
  7. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I've noticed that Dervish can play pretty tricky in content. Seems like if you're targeted add hits 0 HP, the animation stops. You have to really pay attention to the health bar on an add and switch targeting often to keep the spin damage going. I definitely see why you said it may not be too great in raids.
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Solo Fire for all of SGe

160 Mystic Symbol of the Seven
    160 Manacles of the Force
    160 Dilustel Refractor

Max Healing Crits
    235 SP into Health
    120 SP into Resto
    30 SP into Dom

9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Main DPS Melee Rotation@ 44.4k might (for all)

After initial Parse 46.9k, 44.5k, 40.5k, 50.6k

Main S/T Rotation (midrange)

20.6k, 24.8k, 20.7k, 26.3k, 20.3k, 23.8k, 20.3k

Shattered Gotham (Regular) run using Main DPS Melee Rotation on every boss fight except Harbringer where I switched to Ranged S/T Rotation for the duration of that fight.

[IMG]

[IMG]

still a 38k average across the entire raid including using the melee rotation on all single target boss fights except the Harbringer final boss where I switched to a Inferno-Absorb Heat-Heat Vision-Overheat-Fireburst-Fireball Barrage loadout.

10. Cyro Committed Player

Can you provide your relevant stats Not just sp in each but the amount of health, dom, resto total - more so out of curiosity/comparing to my tank
  11. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

I just came back from an extended break again, and my friends in-game are telling me that they've seen fire tanks topping the charts. I was under the impression that Fire Battle tanking is a myth. If it's not, what goes into it?
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Maybe in event? I haven't seen a single fire tank since the revamp that topped anything except when everyone was horrible at what they were supposed to do. Maybe Qwa-Bombing adds helps... then again, I don't run normal/event and when I do, tanks are on the bottom with healers and controllers because damage ain't their job.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Fully buffed you're sitting at around 200,000 HP, the rest of the stats aren't too important. The stats will be set across all players who spec that way. The formula for shields "almost" stays the same if you go the resto route.

Solo tanking has not much to do with plain stats though. Especially with fire where you have to rely on your healer(s), it's more about movement, positioning, kiting and how fast you are.

On a side note, I haven't seen two-tank runs in SGe since forever. Not matter what power they had. :)
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

ObsidianChill posted some great videos on the Artifact upgrades! He did one for each role. The one I'm most excited about is the update to Solar Amplifier.

+ You can now move while using it. (But can't cancel or block, though this may be a glitch.)
    + It's 200 ability - "Installs Empowered Channeling Tactical mod" (!!!!!!!)

That'll free up the regular gear slot for the +2% damage mod. Eye of Gemini and Soul Cloak also gave DPS some awesome sauce.

I'll let the video speak for itself...

15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Update from test feedback:

+ Movement removed since it didn't allow blocking. It was also mentioned the movement was a bug in the first place.
    + Clipping HV and still getting all the damage was a bug which has been fixed.

Sooooo...going to have to wait and see what the next round of tests tell us. Looks like Eye of Gemini is still going to be at the top of everyone's list.
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Whats the state of fire these days (both roles, obviously)?
    Just curious, played for a couple of days during the weekend but very casually and was wondering if its doing good or bad
  17. Darth Piper Loyal Player

For tanking you need to have Mystic Symbol of the Seven as high up as you can possibly get it. Because of how fire "mitigates" damage, the Manacles of Force is actually not extremely useful since it will continuously proc and then be on cool-down. It still needs some minor adjustments to the self heals, IMHO... the supposed "king of self-healing" isn't. The base healing multiplier needs to be incremented a couple of ticks... and by that I don't mean doubled. I mean like adding anywhere from 5-10%, and tick it up slowly until you get to something reasonable... or you need to restore the health buff system we had during AM... or make some more adjustments to Fire Soul... or some combination of all three.

Damage role... lean a little on your DOTs and faster and more spammable moves. Use the Grimorium.
    • Like x 1
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The Grimorium didn't get squat for 200 level. +1% Might is about it. Tetrahedron also gives you +1% Might which isn't that big of deal when you consider what you get from Eye of Gemini at 200.

EoG gives you + 5% Might, Precision & Vitalization w/Pollux's Gaze for six seconds. This is important because it doesn't have to be your EoG! It can be anyones! So ask ahead of time and try to stay near someone else who has EoG as well. They don't have to have it maxed out, only you do for you to always get the bonus.

I'm almost done maxing EOG it will replace Tetrahedron on my regular load out just because of the stats.

Soul Cloak maxed out means you don't need the 5% Supercharge mod since the Artifact gives you 7%. (The Artifact specifically says they don't stack.) So that opens up the Head mod slot to probably use Energized Inferno. (3% power back when using Inferno.)

Solar Amplifier lost all it's extra cool stuff in test because these were considered bugs. But it does give you Empowered Channelling automatically while you're using Heat Vision. This frees up the Tactical Mod slot to add the 2% extra damage mod instead. (BTW, SA's EC only works for Heat Vision and nothing else.)

I'm thinking of feeding my Tetrahedron into Solar Amplifier after EOG takes it's place. Because I use it for both my single and multiple target load outs.

So when I'm done updating everything I'll be running...

Solar Amplifier
    Eye of Gemini
    Grimorium (Adds) / Soul Cloak (Bosses)
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Lol same old problems. Looks like nothing has changed.
    Why im not surprised? Lmao
    Ignoring Fire Tanks is a classic at DCUO Headquarters
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

Fire is actually in really good shape these days.

From a tanking perspective, it's true that the self-heals are under powered, but the seven artifact helps with that. You don't need to max it out but definitely make leveling it a priority. In general, artifacts add a lot of health (both in terms of percent and in terms of base stats) and obviously that helps Fire tremendously.

In the DPS side Fire's mix of big bursts and strong single target attacks make it really effective in all kinds of content.