Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Combined with FW's might buff and max volatility, I used to crit for over 10K on Mass Det frequently. However, lately I've yet to crit for over 8.5K and the crit chances seem to have dropped dramatically. I'm usually only hitting 3.5K with it now. :(

I'll need to test, but I thought for sure my FC was hitting harder as I got my volatility up.
    • Like x 1
  2. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

The wording in the power descriptions is rather ambiguous. I believe Volatility (in the descriptions of FC and FB) says something like, "increases damage against burning enemies". Which sounds like it would apply to all powers. But then Mass Det's says something like, "does more damage against burning enemies, which increases with each level of volatility". It being the only power description that explicitly states higher damage with each volatility level is what makes it sound like only Mass Det benefits from Volatility.

I'm really not so sure. Btw, all of those quotes are paraphrasing off the top of my head, so I may be mixing up some words. I think first we have to see if the combat log states any added effect when Mass Det is cast with Volatility applied. If it does, the rest should be easy to check. If not, then more testing would be required.
  3. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Funny that you mention it, so after i tweak my loadout i tried to use volcamic, but the power points on this one are really tight that you have no room for anything else (unless you give away 1 of the iconics). So i decided not to go with it.

Now, i have still to take a 2nd look at FB. Something that i tried last night was at some point, setup everything on fire, 3x FC to setup volatility and then FB. A few times, strangely FB seemed to miss. Need to make a little more testing.

And yes, you are right about FB. If am not interrupted i can keep going into WM-SC-FC more often. Now, i tried this loadout last night like only for the raids, yet maybe someone can help me here. Am using volatility (with FB) since this effect increases the damage on burning targets. ..

Power Interactions: Inflicts up to the maximum three levels of Volatility to increase damage to Burning enemies...

For example i know that plasma effect increases outrage dmg 150%. I would like to know how much volatility effect increases the damage. That´s why am also using that rotation, asuming volatility increase the damage of burning enemies, this should benefit - any- fire power as long as the target is on fire.
  4. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Remander already answered, and to add up:

With this rotation you have: Inferno+OH running on the background + SC procs triggering. And on the burst rotation you use WM-SC-FC.

Basically keep refreshing Inferno/OH, then WM/SC/FB.Is all stacked.

One reason why i keep switching is the rotation and damage modifiers. Example

Setup: Inferno/fiery WM/SC/FC -- OH.. WM/SC/FB Inferno/fiery(refresh)

In between depending if i got ccéd or stunned: OH/Fiery/Inferno (for higher %) .. then again WM/SC/FC.

And if am in mid range something curious happens (By midrange i mean the range when your inferno does the melee initial damage):

After 1 classic rotation you can do also: WM/Inferno/SC (inferno will hit hard and followed up by SC, this still will hit 2kish per target in 1 single burst).
  5. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

I was about to get meteor for the AOE burst, but i realized why bother with it, that same rotation can be used with Spontaneous Combustion. By using meteor i would only drop my dps.
  6. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Every single time that i tried for a few minutes the "AM" i could see how my dps dropped reallyyyyyyyyyy bad.
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I tried it a little bit but by the time you hit more than like 2-3 target the split damage ends up being around what you would get with just a wildfire and wildfire has a faster animation so your getting back to WM faster
  8. Opamp Committed Player

Tell me a bit about overheat. Why would I include it in the loadout? It doesn't seem to do much damage and has the same cast speed as something like SC.

I like your rotation - however during the channeling of FC and FB you're losing a lot of damage. Hence my original concern. If FB gives you the 60% modifier that you'll be using for the majority of the damage, wouldn't you be best by using WM->SC?
  9. Minarum New Player

As long as u can get close enough and no extra ally adds or anything are in your way, I think FB barrage does WAY more damage than VC ever can. I've run my tests in alerts and raids, and VC imo just doesn't even compare and never has.
  10. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

i noticed the AM is actually working out in alerts. i started with my WM build and by the the final boss fight the troll sarted complaining about not being able to keep me powered. so the rest of the fight and the next alert, i went with mass dets and it did surprisingly well damage wise. i never crit as much. it was like 2/3rds of my mass dets crit from 10k to 15k.

but i also noticed some problems yesterday. the pi would drop for no reason, it would be a single boss fight and i hit mass det with getting interrupted, yet the next mass det would not have that orange explosion. and im still having a problem with the cooldown. after mass det hits, sometimes the icon on the ability tray remains fully red. its like it refuses to start cooldown for 3-4 seconds. it doesnt sound like much it messes everything up.

last thing, not just fire related. anyone having problems with the crit windows for wm?i was hitting crit windows maybe at 20% yesterday
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Ahh the actual in game wording is different. I still really don't know if we have a solid yes or no answer yet tho. If you apply Volatility to a burning target does a power like detonate lets say get a damage bonus while volatility pi is active?
  13. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

spartacus, i think thats just poor wording. i think it means the targets have to be burning to use this interaction

but they should probably implement what your thinking to help out the AM. the burning tick should get stronger with each level
  14. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

On the video i showed some parts were i was testing. The reason i used it is for extra free damage. Still my main hitter is:

WM>SC into FC right away.

FC "Channeling" is like maybe 1 second. I don´t use FB or MD since if you get stunned once, you lose all your setup and i find the damage from this rotation been way more consistant.
  15. KiaserX Level 30

While I love this powerset, I will never fully master this powerset. There is just something to lighting things on fire and watching them burn. I guess it is that time to rewatch videos to make the most of my fireset. I am holding back my team in my present state.
  16. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

I just sent PM to Mepps to help us asking Tunso or Spord for more info about volatility.
  17. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Yah it isn't explained very well. You pc guys can actually run programs for damage parsing. I have to do all my calculations by hand and my drive just isn't what it once was to do things like that anymore.

Hopefully we can get an answer.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, as I understand it, Volatility itself interacts with burning to cause increased damage, while Mass Det is the only actual ability that has increased damage if Volatility is up. It's a little confusing, but that's my take.
  19. Opamp Committed Player

Could you check your FC damage compared to your WM hit? If they are about equal (or even a little less) then that sounds good.

Now that you can move with FB it's rare to get knocked down unless you're doing it without a tank. Also i think you only have to do it once every 15 seconds since it resets every 20 seconds?

Either way I wish they buffed the move. It's really fun to channel spells.
  20. xSpartacusx Well-Known Player

Volatility effects wears down really fast (6 seconds)