Top DPS powers ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drakeos, Jan 11, 2014.

1. TrueOlympus New Player

this is a lie and im getting sick of people spreading it.
    • Like x 7
  2. LonelyGiants New Player

Maybe because they want to be a benefit to their team. I know I'd much prefer a HL or Celestial DPS with me than an Electric or Earth. I would never kick players for their power choice, but quite a few will.

It wouldn't be a problem if the devs actually tried to balance powers though. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. Especially not when they want everyone switching to the new FOTM power.

I agree that you should pick whatever power you enjoy though.
  3. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Wolf form with 1400 prec 2800 might and a sugar cookie is redonkulus
  4. AST0NISHING New Player

ATM at the top end content (epic odyssey runs) celes destroys every powerset because the 1h nerf had no effect on celes. 1h made all the other powers on par with celes but now the best power is celes but new dlc it'll be rage
  5. AST0NISHING New Player

But guys go like my post on how the devs are showing no love for the might based powers. I talk about how the devs seem to have prec do more than might
  6. Dr LovexD New Player

Gadgets hardlight celestial and RAGE
  7. thenewkidd New Player

It's only a lie because it's a "half truth"..

There are some really skilled players out there, very skilled.. but something that is measurable is damage per second...

Some Celestial and Hard Light players suck at their power.. making it seem Earth or Sorcery for that matter can compete with them.

The only way this can be resolved is to take a player that is Celestial.. compete to see who can do the most dps... pick that person... put them against the same "top HL" person... then take the top Earth, top Fire, Top Sorcery, etc, etc, etc...

Then pit them together and see who can do the most damage in a period of time.. (3 minutes, 5 minutes... whatever).. and see who comes out on top... I am willing to bet pound for pound... Celestial and HL will top the charts in a race like that...

Now comes the challenge..

Prove me wrong... seriously.. I would love to see the best Sorcery player beat out the best Celestial player... or see if they can even keep up in damage and not lose by a million damage by the end of a nexus raid against a Celestial.
    • Like x 1
  8. Zuse Loyal Player

top power for
    dps

Skill if u have skill any can be a top power for dpsing for u
  9. Couzintony New Player

It's not a lie...
    It's the truth... I can out dps a unskilled player when Im an electric dps... Cuz I have skillz!! Lolz
  10. xoCiaraxo New Player

It's obviously Celestial or HL their the most broken powers in the game.
    • Like x 3
  11. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Funny that you say they are the 'most broken' yet they are also the only two 'precision-based' powers... so obviously it has to do with them being precision-based and not an issue with the power itself. After all, precision-based powers only have to go precision mods and both their weapon AND powers benefit. With might-based powers, you have to sacrifice one or the other or both... so you mod Might heavily, but weapon suffers... you mod precision heavy, but your might powers suffer. Thus, precision-based powers have the advantage from the very start as they aren't LOSING anything by going precision heavy or straight precision, but the same can't be said for might powers.
    • Like x 1
  12. Xenoblade New Player

HL, Celestial, Nature, Gadgets

By looking at Rage on the test. Rage will be top dps unless they nerf it
    • Like x 1
  13. Dump Truck New Player

HL>Cel>Mental=Gadgets=Nature>Ice,Fire,Sorcery>Electric>Earth

I feel like i'm leaving a few out but this is from my own experiences. In a skilled players hands, any power can be good... so you should pick your favorite, not what tops the charts. If all players are of equal skill, I tend to think it plays out something like above.
  14. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

My personal order that I believe is
    Top tier = Nature / HL / Celestial / Gadgets
    Middle = Mental / Fire / Ice / Quantum
    Bottom = Sorcery / Earth / Electric

Rage will end up taking the #1 spot though once the DLC drops on Live.
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If you're looking for fun and good dmg, I would go with Sorcery and nature, the rest are boring imo. Cele, HL, and Gad just spam the same combos over and over
    • Like x 1
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Sorcery is no where near the bottom of that list, but i'm glad it's still kinda lowkey
    • Like x 1
  17. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

This was all personal experiences from using those powers or running with those powers. I have not ran with one good or even decent Sorcery DPS, even after the revamp.
  18. Peacemakaz Committed Player

I am sorcery at the moment...and seeing as I can do wave EO/Speed feat damage, and I am under geared...I would say it is a pretty decent power set. It is not my 1st choice, but it is in no means bad.
  19. Xenoblade New Player

Really? ran into a couple of good sorcery dps in nexus and paradox
    actually ran into a guy that was an exceptional dps before the revamp
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If you doing any raids and see "Com Ed" on give me a holler. Peacemak3r is another good one.