Top DPS powers ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drakeos, Jan 11, 2014.

1. NyteSkye New Player

<----- This person couldn't give two cares about being top DPS or scorecard watchers. I have a sorcery, electric and HL DPS... None of them are the best at DPS... The only compliment I've gotten for being in 3rd place was... "You're good........ For a sorcery DPS." lol, okay, better than nothing right?

It's been said before, and I'll say it again, if you can pass the raid, then damage is not a problem. If you are having problems on a part, figure out what the problem is, don't assume, "Oh, Nyte is doing the least damage (even though the difference is like 5,000 off), kick that newb), we should get a better DPS for MOAR burn."

Find what power suits you best and stick with it, who cares about top DPS, is there some kind of reward for it?...... NOPE! lol...
  2. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I'm on USPS server villain side. Not sure what server or side you guys are on. Maybe I will eventually see a good one =).
  3. Miahztwin Committed Player

Well, I'm ice so i guess i suck
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Agree with Harlequin. I have an ice dps, and I can keep up with and even pass good Celestial dps players depending on the situations. I get out dps'd by Celestial overall, but that is mostly due to their ability to do a lot of damage to multiple targets spread over a large area and the add-heavy nature of runs, while my loadout is built more for single target or multiple target melee fighting.

There are better multi-enemy damage loadouts for ice that could keep up with Celetial than what I use, too. I just prefer my style since I am more tank-minded. I usually out-dps other dps on bosses and get out-dps'd by other dps on adds. I like to think that my contribution on bosses makes up for what I lack on adds, and that I compliment other dps players by making runs faster overall.
  5. IdontDps Committed Player

top dps power is rage hands down
  6. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Hmm...I will humor you(and especially harlequin) and respond...

You say you guys out dps celestials on a regular basis...But:

Have you ever gotten the wave speed feat/EO in under 16 minutes?

In that raid:

Were you with 3 dps?
    Were you ice, top dps on the scorecard, and playing as a team player(i.e. pick ups, going for pods when needed, proper positioning)?
    Were you using any weapon besides the 1 handed pre-nerf(or I guess dual wields before the other nerf)?

I find it hard to believe that you guys are as good as you guys think, or run with good enough players to make those judgements about the power sets, but if you can answer yes to all these questions, please, post a video in which you do all of the above and prove that ice is one of the top powers in the game.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My play style wouldn't work for the raids. I'd have to make a lot of adjustments, learn a new range weapon, learn a new loadout for range damage, etc. I've only been damage specced for about a month; before that, I was focused on learning how to be a really good tank.

I was merely pointing out that in Tier 5 duos, alerts, and ops, I can keep up. When I run lower tier raids with a Celestial dps who has about the same CR as me, I can keep up. Until I learn my role better, I cannot say one way or another how I would do with a Celestial in the OC raids.
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Lol.

Obviously you can keep up in Alerts and duos...because everything is dead before a celestial can get his DOTs going

Ice, in the highest T5 content, cannot keep up with any good Celestial player...I know a bunch of good Ice players, but there is only so much they can do vs a player of the same skill with a far superior powerset

You cant judge the effectiveness of a powersets DPS in content where you are expected to be the only DPS
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Anyway, to answer the OPs question, Id probably go with what most have been saying

HL and Celestial with an edge to celestial, followed by (in no particular order) Gadgets, Fire, Mental, Quantum, Sorcery and Nature

I dont get all the Sorcery hate...Its not up to snuff with HL and Celestial obviously, but in the T5 stuff especially its pretty effective
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Eh, that's okay. I enjoy damage in my way and in the content I can shine in, so if I never dps in a Tier 5 raid, my feelings won't be hurt. Raid groups will probably want me to tank most of the time anyway.

Just a question: Do any of the good ice players you know balance might and precision in their SP/Mod allocation?

I've found that helped my damage out moreso than leaning toward one or the other. Ice is supposed to be more might, but with the Tier 5 precision bump, a balance seems to make more of a difference.
    • Like x 1
  11. ToySoldier13 New Player

WoD finally being a clip and shard finally actually working is fantastic; but we are still technically Tier 3 on PC. Much better than Elec and Earth but not enough to crack into the next tier unless you are fighting an absurd number of massive health adds. Our base damages are still too low on non-dots - pretend you can clip Siphon with Veng and vice versa to the point where you can execute 2 of each in half a second. Congrats, you've done the same damage in the same time as a Gadgets Sticky Bomb for like 5X the power.

On PS, where clipping is much harder and way less prevelant we are a T2 power and massive groups of massive adds could let us stomp all but Nature of the T1s.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Sorcery can keep up with any power now, i'm saying this because i'm doing and i'm half 88
  13. ToySoldier13 New Player

100% agree, but you don't even need to have a competition. Just switch powers and try it. I had a TON of off-class styles to collect back in T4; asked if my league wanted to just go crazy with Gates replays; two runs with Sorcery primary power, then two with Gadgets, then two with Fire. Averaged out Fire ended up around 15% higher and Gadgets around 33%. And that is without mastery of the fresh powers and in content built for Soul Wells!
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Pre buff socery can keep up with any power, I think you all are running with some sorcery dps who switched because they "heard" it was good now. Cele might have an edge because of power, but I will keep up with any HL dps as sorcery with a 87cr weapon and half 88 gear.
  15. thenewkidd New Player

Are you on the USPS Servers?
    I have two DPSers I would like you to run with...
    If you beat them or "keep up" with them... you might have something.

I have been Sorcery for 2 years and always has been Sorcery (except for maybe 2 days of being Mental to equip some Troller stuff I was keeping for feats)...
    I'm not saying I'm the best... but it's really hard to gauge how well you are doing when there are so few of us Sorcery DPSers out there...
  16. ToySoldier13 New Player

I love DCUO so someone make these people stop! You cannot compare across different skill levels. Just because you beat a scrub with x power with your y power one time does not make it on par. I love my Sorcery; been my main since launch and I can absolutely operate magically and often dominate on the PS3/4. I also do waaay more damage when I switch powers occassionally. Same skill, different results.

How are our base damages (non-dot)? Lowest in the game (tied with Earth)
    Animation times? Longest in the game by a ton
    PD-less clippability? Worst in the game by miles pre-update, now simply just worst by a couple blocks

A ton of adds with a ton of health? Rock on; 3 SWs, Circle, Shard and BK all ticking like crazy and we can't be topped but single target (aka bosses) and adds that get melted in seconds by other deeps and we are garbage.
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Lol 1st you must be the scrub, because you are getting wrecked with your sorcery dps don't think that everyone is. @nd transmute do good single target damage it's not even in your loadout, guess your not as good as you thought
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I'm on usps villian
  19. thenewkidd New Player

I have yet to see the main Celestial DPS in my league be beaten by ANYONE.. and I have played with him a lot with many different people.. he is ALWAYS number 1 in every pug or whatever we run...
    And also statistically.. I have beaten more Nature DPSers than Nature has beaten me.. I think I have lost to maybe 2 Nature DPS since playing the game and none since the update actually.
  20. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

Electric DPS here. On a serious side I do just fine when I know the situation. On a more serious side. Thank you for responding to the thread that should be titled what do we nerf next. I look forward to having you all having your powers brought down a notch.