Too many linkdead zones

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Rigel Cygni, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Pr1983 New Player

South Gotham for me too. Can't even stay logged in long enough to teleport out. Tried waiting ten-fifteen minutes between logins and i'm still getting disconnected.
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

my question is will the dead zones be gone before xbox players become part of the DCUO Family, really would hate to see new players coming in and getting these issues.
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

oh there's one near the posion ivy questing area the first part it happen to me one time and to a league mate
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

I found one next to the Ivy area, but it's by the second part of the Riddler quest. It kicked me twice.
    • Like x 1
  5. StarFist New Player

Mepps,

This whole "LINKDEAD" issue has been going on for years according to a simple Google search. I think what the community wants to know:

1. Why is it taking so long?
    2. Have you actually figured out what is causing it (after well over a year I think you need to hire new programmers)?
    3. The game itself actually seems to be experiencing an error and instead of trapping it, it defaults to the "LINKDEAD" code and then terminates. How about putting in an actual error trap and disabling the "LINKDEAD" code till you get this straightened out.
    4. Some of us are wondering why "LINKDEAD" is even in there. Is this a punishment for PVPers who disconnect their systems when loosing a match? If so, if a player is not in PVP mode, then "LINKDEAD" should never apply.
    • Like x 2
  6. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Absolutely ridiculous I have been crashing 4 to 5 times a day since merger not saying thats cause but god damn it I pay over 120 a year to play this game replay badges recovery kits and I sick of crashing. Get rid of linkdead and fix this ****
    • Like x 1
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Opening yet-another bug report in the Issue Tracker is just gonna get closed as a duplicate and redirected to the main report (DC-956).

I think you need to let them know in a tweet if it happens during core business hours Pacific time, so they can catch it in the act:
    http://twitter.com/dcuo
    I imagine what they need is "dead zone right now" server, character name, faction, location, phase
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

I just started a new alt today. Was in little Bohemia flying towards the second brainiac invasion quest and ran into one of these dead zones by the coast. I've tried to relog and move out of it ten feet at a time but it seems hopeless. No wonder we don't see many new players at endgame lately.
  9. Bhanqwa Well-Known Player

Ran into a bunch of them today :/
  10. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Now there's one 2 blocks east of the East End PD in Gotham. I'm stuck there & can't even communicate with my League because I'm on for 5 seconds & then it disconnects. Glad I got all my necessary missions done earlier today before this (expletive) happened.
    • Like x 1
  11. ErnieB Loyal Player

is it somewhere near the Clayface area, it seems that the blocks between the Riddle quest were you fight Joker clowns and Clayface and Botanical Gardens to be some of the most affected, then there's South Gotham also.
  12. jflusson Well-Known Player

another random spot in gotham by the DD kept doing it to me too , luckily the ps4 is fast enough to get to a warp base or HQ after a few attempts... it isn't safe to cruise the open world right now
  13. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

was leveling a new toon earlier, and stuck in gotham, the area from that riddler/deathstroke storyline, area where clayface bounty is at.it crashed the game, and everytime i log back in i can only go for less then 5 second before the game crashed again and again. maybe it is just my PC, but i do saw 2 other players around me with "disconnected" on their name, so perhaps its one of these "linkdead areas"
    • Like x 1
  14. TheCelestialKiller Well-Known Player

I went to south gotham and found out why we are getting linkdead and i Lie to you not approximately 20 sub-avatars were were walking around in a mob, they started to attack me and i lagged out when they got too close
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I suspected the cross play merger was to blame, and now I'm pretty sure of it. When you take the server that only has to handle roughly 30% of the game's player population, and merge it with the one that handles 70% of them, you're asking for trouble. I really need to build up my characters, but I haven't run anything other than the first Tutorial Mission in months, because of the Linkdeads. :(
    • Like x 1
  16. Shn275 Well-Known Player

Wish I'd found this thread earlier.

Was trying to do the Brainiac Incursion Race that leads you into the bottled area in South Gotham, and now I'm stuck. Can't even login. Game shuts down as soon as I select the toon, which really sucks since it's one of my major toons.

Character: Makavelli92
    Server: USPS4
    Faction: Hero
    Phase: PVE
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The Atropa
    EUPS Villain
    Little Bohemia Metrodome southwest corner.
  18. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I'm in this boat too. I'm on PC, and the game was very stable before crossplay. Now I get disconnected routinely, usually in crowded areas like Watchtower (especially if I pop open Inventory or another window), and often when zoning. This has become a much more common occurrence since crossplay began and I have to believe that the linkdead zones and the these more frequent disconnects have a shared cause that is tied to crossplay. Either some new issue that was introduced in code around that time, or something that is causing hiccups on the server due to the new demands being placed on it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Oligonicella Well-Known Player

Hopefully this dead zone/linkdead issue isn't evolving into something more insidious.

I tried logging in a bit ago and regardless of the alt - boom! - immediate game drop. No alt has had a link death, I haven't run into any zones at all and yet this happens for all of them. Also, no messages or warnings, just a disconnected flash page.

Anyone else experiencing this?
  20. Oligonicella Well-Known Player

Tested situation. Went to another account. Prior account is legendary, this one premium. Created a character. All creation activities worked fine. Selected name and as soon as character would be dropped into ship - game disconnect with only disconnected flash page as before.