Too many linkdead zones

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Rigel Cygni, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Emoney Dedicated Player

After waiting a day I got back on my alt and loading up the map as fast as possible then warped to HQ. I then switched over to the PVP phase.....so far no errors/disconnects playin last night in Metro.
  2. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

No, it was closer to the East End GCPD safehouse. I was between two small buildings, on a catwalk where an exobit usually spawns.

All this cleared up about an hour after I posted my message.
  3. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

This bug attacks at random the only way around it if affected is is to wait out the actual link dead timer those affected once are typically affected repeatedly and it can happen over and over again worse part is when you kick a player who is idle or cr is not sufficient for a mission out and you're put on a 3 hour don't kick penalty and a player link dead do to this bug or a logout and does not request to be excused you are then stuck with them with no way around it and this needs to be fixed in the vote to kick players we should have unlimited kicks if a link dead is detected and limited kicks on active connections with less than a 3 hour penalty it's getting old and annoying unlimited kicks was stupid but this is even dumber.
  4. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Bro its not even crowded zones for me its just ridiculous
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

That's probably why it's so hard to track it down, unless devs just jumped right as soon as it happens there's a good chance that it will fix itself or just move somewhere else. I'm starting to think it's a bugged add or another thing is who it happens more to, high or low level players, as gear might also be causing it.
  6. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

ErnieB, are you talking about the glitch, or the exobit?
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Holy game crashed Batman.......
    crashed in South Gotham on USPS4.
    And kept on crashing again if I tried to log back in with my LinkDead character.

And got an error message if I tried to log in with another character.

Managed to log back in with my first character...... and crashed again. :(

Will post videos as soon as YouTube is done processing it.
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Played on USPS4 for a bit.

Then crashed in South Gotham.
    Would crash again if I tried to Log in with my LinkDead character.
    And would get an error message if I tried to log in with another character.

Managed to log in after a while.
    And crashed once more. :(

The third time I logged in.... I crashed not long after.
    Did not even have time to start recording. :(
  9. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I understand finding the cause can be difficult......

But how about f ing helping victoms of this ACCOUNT locking bug by warping an affected player to his home?????? WHY do our characters have to sit there getting beat on for 5-10 minutes keeping us from playing?? Just hotfix the symptoms while u look for solution.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shapiro Well-Known Player

Seems like a major portion of the area where the Sub Avatars are in South Gotham is a dead zone currently. It'd be nice if I didn't have to log into the launcher every G.D.F. time.

As of 5:20 am Central I cannot log in with my main character. The game keeps crashing.
    • Like x 1
  11. scarlettw Active Player

in front of diamond district police department , the problem is (at least me) is i need wait 15 min to log in , if not waiting , when come in stays inthe loading screen 4ever.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shapiro Well-Known Player

Currently validating game assets and it's finding alot of CRC mismatched files. Not sure if this would help track down the dead zone issue or not.
    • Like x 2
  13. Shapiro Well-Known Player

Updating 10 files that will hopefully let me play again.
    • Like x 1
  14. Throes New Player

So after reading all this, I'm curious. How many of you validate on a daily basis? 4 of my friends and myself validate at least once a day and we only have problems in Metrodome and south Gotham areas. Just throwing it out there.

Like I said before Metrodome is only during peak server traffic hours (At least for my friends and myself). So immediate remedy for the Metrodome area would be a server upgrade. If it persists after that then it's something else as, for the other areas people have listed my friends and myself have never had a problem with these areas.

Honestly though just get the Metrodome missions done in the morning or at night (Again just from my observation). South Gotham doesn't have much to offer, other than a handful of feats (at least on the villain side) after I get exploration feats done I never head back. (I have 4 villains that have complete the feats without disconnecting, because I look up while flying/gliding over the area.)

PLEASE try these suggestions and see if they help. If they do PLEASE comment here so others know there is hope.
    • Like x 1
  15. Captain Hazard Active Player

I had this problem until 2 weeks ago when i upgraded my internet from 50 mbs to 105 mbs.....now when i enter those places it's like i hit a wall for a sec (lag spike) then i am ok. the only place i have a problem is around midtown pd....it's like a giant circle....for about 10 blocks in every direction i get linkdead...i just keep loading in and move as fast as i can to get out and eventually i do
    • Like x 1
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

How do you validate the files on PC? Run the DCUO Installer?
  17. SandMancr Active Player

I HAVE 2 DAYS I CANNOT PLAY FULL DISCONECT FULL LINKED I JUST GOT LINKED AGAIN FOR SECOND TIME TODAY I WORK I TOMOROW CAN I PLAY NOW YES OR NO?
  18. Throes New Player

On the launchpad click the hammer & wrench button in the lower left just above the "Install" bar. Click the "validate game assets" (4th one down) on the left side then click the validate button.
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkAya Dedicated Player

My character's stuck in South Gotham after game crash, evertime I try to log in there, game crashes during the loading screen.
  20. Rigel Cygni Well-Known Player

You have to wait 10 to 15 minutes