This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Civil Well-Known Player

You're wrong and you know it, but its ok. Yes not everyone likes artifacts and sp to be irrelevant, especially sp. But you saying NO ONE would ever do clamps is bs. People would, I would for fun, it'd be so fun. but not forced so it makes people not want to run old content at all. Meaning that feats would be even more harder to do for older content. you said something before about forcing clamps.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

What i want you to do is look at it from a general human perspective and how the human race tends to operate.

Date:
    February 21, 2017
    Source:
    University College London
    Summary:
    The amount of effort required to do something influences what we think we see, finds a new study, suggesting we're biased towards perceiving anything challenging to be less appealing.
    Share:

FULL STORY

The amount of effort required to do something influences what we think we see, finds a new UCL study suggesting we're biased towards perceiving anything challenging to be less appealing.

"Our brain tricks us into believing the low-hanging fruit really is the ripest," says Dr Nobuhiro Hagura, who led the UCL team before moving to NICT in Japan. "We found that not only does the cost to act influence people's behaviour, but it even changes what we think we see."

For the study, published in eLife, a total of 52 participants took part in a series of tests where they had to judge whether a cloud of dots on a screen was moving to the left or to the right. They expressed their decisions by moving a handle held in the left or right hand respectively. When the researchers gradually added a load to one of the handles, making it more difficult to move, the volunteers' judgements about what they saw became biased, and they started to avoid the effortful response. If weight was added to the left handle, participants were more likely to judge the dots to be moving rightwards as that decision was slightly easier for them to express. Crucially, the participants did not become aware of the increasing load on the handle: their motor system automatically adapted, triggering a change in their perception.

"The tendency to avoid the effortful decision remained even when we asked people to switch to expressing their decision verbally, instead of pushing on the handles," Dr Hagura said. "The gradual change in the effort of responding caused a change in how the brain interpreted the visual input. Importantly, this change happened automatically, without any awareness or deliberate strategy."

"Traditionally, scientists have assumed the visual system gives us perceptual information, and the motor system is a mere downstream output channel, which expresses our decision based on what we saw, without actually influencing the decision itself. Our experiments suggest an alternative view: the motor response that we use to report our decisions can actually influence the decision about what we have seen," he said.

The researchers believe that our daily decisions could be modified not just through deliberate cognitive strategies, but also by designing the environment to make these decisions slightly more effortful. "The idea of 'implicit nudge' is currently popular with governments and advertisers," said co-author Professor Patrick Haggard (UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience). "Our results suggest these methods could go beyond changing how people behave, and actually change the way the world looks. Most behaviour change focuses on promoting a desired behaviour, but our results suggest you could also make it less likely that people see the world a certain way, by making a behaviour more or less effortful. Perhaps the parent who places the jar of biscuits on a high shelf actually makes them look less tasty to the toddler playing on the floor."

Story Source:
    Materials provided by University College London. Note: Content may be edited for style and length.
  3. Civil Well-Known Player

I'
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]

Ya know what....Im calling your bluff.... Dont forget to cite your source...
    • Like x 1
  5. Civil Well-Known Player

Oh I mean, you can find it aswell, Its the internet, just how you found something, I can to, I never said I will do it to prove my point, I said I can do the same, not will.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Let me get this straight, youre not going to read it, because you said you can find a article that can show it proving otherwise...But your not going to...Youre an idiot...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Civil Well-Known Player

I;m an idiot for not being bothered to pull up a real study on mental ideas about a video game. I'm not sure thats being an idiot, but I'm sure if a person online calling someone an idiot can find himself an article, I'm sure I can. Calling someone idiot for not doing something that you've done is the stupidest concept.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

9. Civil Well-Known Player

10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How did you learn everything you know in this game?
    • Like x 3
  11. Civil Well-Known Player

By failing and doing it again over and over. Like I'm sure alot of us did. hbu?
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

You dont just jump in and experiment? Hell its 2 years later and im still figuring out MHW xD
    • Like x 2
  13. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

The million dollar question everyone seems to overlook.
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I think he referencing the superiority attitude, no one is too good or powerful to run old content once more, the high horse is a dead horse indeed.
  15. Jaelia Committed Player

First off, I’m not making a whole post just to state my (opinion) on allies why ? For what to get bashed by strangers ? I don’t have a issue with allies at all as a healer from what I’m seeing it takes more time hitting R3 on my ps4 controller then busting out a group heal or shield for what an ally can come out for 2-5 seconds to do less damage then my range attack or pet ? Don’t get me wrong I love how it looks it’s super fun having an iconic come out and help but it’s kinda useless at this time maybe the more it progresses the more my opinion will change. I’m all for a star sapphire ally Carol or fatality haha but other then that I stand by my opinion on how it’s kinda all for show.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I don't really understand this statement about the developers needing to teach us how to do an instance. I saw someone else say something similar, even going so far as to say that the devs should be writing guides on how to beat raids. What MMOs/games out there teach you how to beat a raid/alert etc.? There is plenty of messaging on screen such as the chevron/skull icon to let know you a big attack is coming, literal big red words saying BLOCK and we've recently gotten telegraphs of attacks, denoted by things like orange circles or cones on the ground letting us know to not stand there. At what point does the handholding become too much in this game? Is the messaging in the game perfect? Absolutely not, far from it, but as far as I'm concerned the messaging and telegraphing is the devs doing their job. Unfortunately a lot of people who play this game just have tunnel vision and don't even read the giant words on screen telling them to block or move, and oftentimes they just ignore the orange circles/cones and stand in them anyway and then don't understand why they died.

It doesn't cost us anything, except a little time, to say "Hey, when the skull comes up make sure you block or you'll take a lot of damage." or "So when the orange cone appears you have to move out of it." Hell, I even ran FoS2 yesterday and when I noticed people using their movement modes at the last boss I just politely told them that they needed to turn off their movement modes and to let someone with a shield do the terminals. Easy peasy and all it cost me was 10 seconds.

Edit: Just as an fyi, the whole post is not aimed directly at you, it's just in general for the people who have a similar viewpoint. Yours just happened to be the post I saw that prompted me to write it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Everyone wants to be right.
    • Like x 1
  18. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

You could have formed a league of other content 'purists' and all ran the content clamped, but you didn't do that either. Does such a league even exist? I doubt it. I doubt it because I don't believe there as many of you as you think there are.

Everyone wants to blast through low level content, especially in a super hero game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I watched gameply of raid on utubes then tried a raid. Must be a foreign concept for people with internet access playing an online game. People these day, so resourceful. /sarcasm.
    [IMG]
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

See ill give you that your'e at least honest about it, which is more then alot of people saying that isn't it.

Youre putting the burden of having a enjoyable experience to the individual player (who may be new), rather then the veterans.

New player should have LFG clamped by default, and if you and some veterans want to roll a instance, you should have to find your own group to do that (but again zero endgame relevant reward).