This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But again, this seems to be what the clampers are saying to me. FYIGM :(
    • Like x 2
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I didn't think we were allowed to post chatbox stuff. I'd be careful tho, was reading thru lfg last night and can say 100% someone can post pics of it and it is the exact opposite sentiment of your conversations
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

This is feedback
  7. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

100% correct
    I signed in just to like this.
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oy, you just opened pandoras box then. Not partaking but you're gonna see some savage statements. Lfg was brutal last night
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can post screenshots but you can't blacklist another player. Blacklisting is publicly accusing someone by name of some wrongdoing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shalayah Committed Player

Oh you can tell a new player even in the higher tiers. There are plenty of players that have gotten carried to endgame that have no idea how to play. That’s a result of steamrolling content on top of the CR skips. That has nothing to do with the clamp. Pugging cou as of now is already a crapshow because players don’t know how to follow mechanics. It’s gotten to a point where sometimes Devs put instructions on the screen and players STILL DONT listen. That’s a byproduct of the preclamp system. Bad players getting pushed to endgame and they continue their bad habits because overgeared players carried them to the top.
    • Like x 2
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Hopefully people are starting to realize that a 340 toon is not necessarily strong. I have one at 340 with 128sp, farming toon, and tried him in elite solo. Lmaoooo wow did it go poorly. This is after 3 other toons that can clear the bosses in about 15 to 45 seconds depending on the powerset. But yeah, cour has been near impossible to finish with pug groups for the last few weeks. Trigon takes no prisoners. One group was having trouble getting past the adds. 4 cyborgs lol. I had 7 pickups before the Trigon fight started.
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

You making statements, im showing you by just asking in a neutral way, Yay or Nay to the stat clamp and why.Im not pressuring them into anything, i dont know them, they were willing to answer my questions as a non forum using player with a opinion on the stat clamp
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oh, I'm sticking to my "I don't care". Like you, I'm not actually playing it so my opinion is invalid. I only play new content and "fomo" isn't a thing for me. I'm missing some of the easiest feats in the game. Over 500sp so don't care. I need more source. But not going out of my way to get it cuz I'll get it eventually. I'm just here to remind people that hate the clamp that they can literally ignore it and not participate and do just fine.
  14. Shalayah Committed Player

Yessss exactlyyyyy it’s really bad rn and has gotten increasingly worse over the past few months. Like I can’t seem to understand especially during the Trigon fight where players just keep dying over and over to the same move. Them adds have definitely been a struggle for pugs as well lmfao.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I’m currently at work so I can’t really respond to anything quickly lol. As I have said before I have only done the solo missions and nothing alert or raid related. My question about the stats clamp is why was our health clamped also? I mean like, how is the health of a CR341 player impeding the game enjoyment of a CR174 player? Why can’t I at least be allowed to keep my High health stats?

I’m just trying to understand all of this.
    • Like x 3
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

I guess my 260 CR jumping to 317, since the patch came out means i still dont play. But i got kicked out a run today because i wasnt taking this douchnozzes attitude and he had 3 lelague-mates with him but i was sent this after. from a player i ran into twice during my gearing runs

[IMG]
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Because of us darn min maxers. If they give us our health stats back, I can give you quite the artifact setup that will have you 1 shotting raid bosses solo again.
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

My bad, thought I read a post of yours saying you weren't playing due to other games. I'm playing just not anything except the latest content.
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

20. the solowing Steadfast Player

FF14 has been my primarily game since i left DCUO in 2014, and it will continue to be such. I wont be a subscriber, but im willing to buy micro-transactions since they taking a much more player friendly approach now. I dont feel like they are trying to nickle and dime me with this update
    • Like x 2
  21. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I’m going to have to disagree with this theory. The mechanics are still active and will have to be observed. Having my true health levels do not negate the need to follow operational mechanics. Damage output is still clamped. If anything, I would be more like an additional tank role for the boss to focus his attacks on while the others unleash all their fury on it. I would be like a turtle, instead of a de-clawed kitty...
    • Like x 1