This is why people don't like the CR cap.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 11, 2021.

1. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

If you used your signature to display your game name stuff like this wouldn't happen to you.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Why? Are you looking to get in on one of their 40 minute Kahndaq runs?
  3. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

I've noticed that threads with certain views that don't fit with the wants or desires of certain "regulars" go through a phase.
    Mild hostility hidden behind tags of lol, just playing, kidding, etc.
    Outright hostility still being tagged with lol, playing, kidding, etc. platitudes.
    Then this happens:

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

Wait...

So is 40 minutes now too long for that raid in that weird, also kinda stalker-ish head of yours?
    • Like x 2
  5. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Actually, my argument was regarding other stat variables. I mentioned CR as a basis, because CR has been the "gate keeping" variable with many players in game. Otherwise, there would not be questions of "What is max CR?" that typically floats around different chats in game, in lieu of .."what is the max stats one can get from gear?" In addition to this, there are several posts regarding "CR clamping", which is further proof that many do not view CR being mutually exclusive from gear stats. But, considering it is you that must be right...with your quest to "shut down" what you may consider misinformation over such a small technicality, then yes...it is gear stats that are clamped.

My entire argument which you were vehemently opposed to was that many players who are or were against gear stat clamping is because they fell victim to others saying, or through their own reasoning, that the only variable that is worth the chase was gear which while we disagree, was never the ONLY (notice I said only) intent behind progression; regardless if you and others want to continue to dismiss the fact that CR(gear) gets you into playable(notice the CR requirements for instances), while stats behind other variables get you more. For some reason the importance of that fact escapes certain players, and now they are feeling it.

I have no sympathy for those who wish to dismiss every other variable to their progression while making gear the ultimate chase, and deserve every bit of the painful reality that they should have worked on their toon instead of chasing end game gear, then either logging off till the next episode, or claiming that they are bored demanding new content while leaving those other forms of progression behind.

In reference to your last sentence...thank you for agreeing what many of us were saying all along which reiterates the adformnetioned argument.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Considering I finished it with random pugs pre nerf in 28 minutes I'll let you decide that for yourself.
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

Well... This was 40 minutes post nerf....

Pre-nerf?.... That *** was done in five minutes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

It has been adjusted even further after stat clamp and even after those adjustments it took you 12 minutes longer than my run (which was also far from optimal) so again, you decide is 40 minutes too long...

LOL, fair enough.
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

Well... I guess your pugs were better than my pugs...

[IMG]

And..
    Yes 40 minutes is too long...
    Did you not read that thread? Do you have any semblance of reading comprehension skills? Any?
    • Like x 1
  10. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Kahndaq as well as FOS2 and IRC the Batcave raids were designed to be long. Otherwise, they would not have attached feats to them with an exorbitant amount of time to them (eg. complete in 1 hour or less or 45 minutes or less).

So, based off of feat standards...40 minutes to finish Kahndaq post clamp or even when it was at level is still good time to complete.

TBH, I would not mind seeing more end game content with the same kind of design where it would take at minimum an hour to complete with no wipes.
    • Like x 1
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

12. Proxystar #Perception

Not all runs clamped are going to take anywhere near 40 minutes, I could put together a pre made and probably destroy that raid in 10, if that.

The issue isn't with the content itself, or the stat clamp, it's with the idiotic players within any given instance. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

plus some afk or leave group randomly. Maybe a kitchen fire or dingo eating the *.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

Some would argue that the same goes for any given thread.... :D ....................................................^^^
    • Like x 1
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

... can i... enhance the cat panic gif.... add a TB Bucs flag to it's tail?? hmmmm
    nope! wrong messaging with the cat freaking out associated with the bucs.
    hmmmm
    a new gif.....

sidenote: always expect the edit. although it'll less likely happen as it gets later. [IMG]

HEY! CW flash, was not effected by... meh, the gif is from the movie from the 80s with people creating story without researching the IP. (i think, it seems to prove out in the result, unless ya blame an exec decision. also confirming lack of research. imho)
    • Like x 2
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

THAT, I'd like to see..

Go Bucs!
    • Like x 1
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

Are we questioning whether or not Superman would be affected by alcohol? And if not, is this scene a lie or badly researched?

Well... Not really trying to defend Superman IV: The Quest For Peace... as it's pretty bad..

But: In the movie, Superman is afflicted with radiation sickness that changes his physiology and allows him to get *faced.
    • Like x 2