This is why people don't like the CR cap.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

As the title says... I think of it like this. I spent over 10 years playing, spending thousands of dollars on replays to get marks for gear, just to now have all the time, money, work, and effort utterly useless in now around 80 percent of the game? You guys think about that.
    • Like x 25
  2. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Sounds like you should have invested more time in SP than spending money on gear, my boy.

The game is still easy as ever in old content. Oh no you just can’t walk through it any more. Sorry for the inconvenience of having to PLAY-THE-GAME.
    • Like x 18
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's not useless. All your SP and Artifact stats still give you a sizeable advantage over people who have far less. Perhaps it is less useful than it was before, but it's not useless. All the time and work also went into you honing your skills and learning how to play the game, which also gives you an advantage over those who have not learned those things.

While I have not done all the clamped content, every piece of clamped content I have done has been a walk in the park. I have seen some people post about outliers, and posting about them is exactly what they should be doing as the devs will then look at those outliers to adjust them.
    • Like x 14
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Are you speaking for everyone? My mail-in ballot must’ve been stashed somewhere.

With the update, they did a lot of stuff to the game. Over the years, players have fought for more marks that went beyond 100 per toon. We either spent it or lost it as spillage. Now it is a high number and is quite awesome as of now.

Endless source marks in everything is nice and looking back, I do see your point. Maybe perhaps sweet talk the devs or whomever to drop a source mark cache that makes up for the hard work you/we did over the past ten years.
    • Like x 2
  5. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Nobody didn’t even ask for this Stat clap garbage never saw one new person complaining about getting easy feats and styles this is hurting the game this is what happens when devs listen to a small minority on the forums over people in game nobody likes it
    • Like x 11
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If nobody ever asked for it then how did they listen to the small minority? :eek:
    • Like x 8
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Clamp’s fine, honestly. Just stick the EEG buff in elite.
    • Like x 3
  8. Dazz-252 Committed Player

A lot of people complaining most likely have never learned to play a support role. I've worked on DPS, Healers, Tanks and Controllers over the years only for my support roles to be made obsolete following in the slipstream of a DPS 1 shotting everything in sight. I am primarily a Healer and for years I rarely ever healed instances unless it was the latest content. So I focused on the DPS side of things.

With this new stat scaling it has made support roles fun and needed again. The way the game was intended.
    • Like x 10
  9. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Yes, and the fact that people are only bringing up money and time spent on gear chasing, while dismissing other relevant factors that bleed through clamping.

The Devs have said on numerous occasions in the past gear was never meant to be the ultimate chase.

Much like those who spend asorbanant amount of money on toys and other items that become inconsequential..it is safe to say gear falls into that category....as it always has when replacing pieces for higher ones.

Regardless, out of all the anticlamp complaints..there still has not been one viable argument levied against the adormentioned fact...or why the Devs should have taken a different approach.

Further, truth be told..all of these posts have been equivalent to beating a dead horse.
    • Like x 2
  10. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

What, you mean you don't enjoy having a decade of progress trivialized? I can't imagine why.
    • Like x 5
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

No, they did not.

The entire game is based around gear progression. And no they didn't change the game to focus on SPs either -- I've already told you this.

In fact, you can almost guarantee they'll be reorganizing SPs again relatively soon (say within the year but probably much sooner) which should put an end to this theory of yours. Before arguing note they've revamped SPs and their skills many times over the years so yes it's not just likely it's guaranteed.

These changes are about making the game easier to maintain and they do not benefit new players. There are very few new players and even less vet players going into old content and "ruining it" for both of those new players.

No one asked for stats clamping. The vocal minority have complained for years that the game was "too easy".
    • Like x 4
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

You do realize, us forum users are the vocal minority? You are a vocal minority as am i. You may not have asked for the stat clamp but the game is better for it.
    • Like x 9
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Vocal minority of an already small subsection of the community. *

Felt like it was fairly obvious and didn't need to be explicitly stated but sure.
    • Like x 6
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then dont say "Nobody asked for" when you are the vocal minority yourself.
    • Like x 2
  15. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Why not? Are you the language *and* fun police now?
    • Like x 4
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

To be fair, the vocal minority Final Fantasy ToS rights screenshot FFXIV
    • Like x 4
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think it’s way too early to say that the game is better for the clamp.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Right, like since when "Nobody" equals somebody you happens to disagree with, smh.
  19. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Can't believe some people on here are justifying the ignorance of saying "nobody" on here when there is clearly somebody otherwise there would be no stats clamps.
  20. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

in terms of the actual clamp itself the only thing that bothers me is the fact they messed with SP, i get clamping gear, and even augments and artifacts, but clamping sp not so much.