This is why people don't like the CR cap.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 11, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I was barely on the third page. I didn't get the chance to read the rest of it :(
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Esh. No better example of Pay-to-win. Even the Sub is now XP based. Blasting clamped content and top of the charts for $79.00.
    (Not saying you, the statement was just cringe)
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

Yeah... as it is pretty obvious... I am not pro-clamp.

I'm all for the natural progression of strength...

...and I see the return of rewarded marks for older content being far more helpful in reviving that older content than creating a challenge for material that we already beat the challenge ad nauseum years ago.
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

$79 seems like an arbitrary price...

Care to explain how it's pay to win? As a free player can now compete, considering that most restricted elements of them have been removed. (Content, feats, utility belt, base mods, etc.)
    • Like x 3
  5. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

For my part since this maj, it's the first time I don't care anymore to have forgotten; or even not to try to make a raid instance before the reset....
    • Like x 1
  6. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Weird, based on your previous threads you view seems to be; Free players should have as much say as paying customers (capitalism, the thing that makes this game happen would disagree), paying customers shouldn't have a say or complaint at all about stat clamping even though it is a fact it took something they had ( a fact you argued isn't a fact), free players should get to voice how awesome the stat clamp is at every opportunity, and paying customers should just be happy they don't change the deal any further.

[IMG]

It's hard to get a read on arguments that keep contradicting other arguments. I certainty get the arguments from the pro stat clamp group they are similar and revolve around the belief they will increase game longevity (maybe it will) on the benign side to someone that wants DCUO to be the most challenging game ever made.

The easiest thing would have been to make it a choice like many other extremely successful games. Stay as is or choose to level down and get better rewards. The response on the forum from the pro-clamp crowd seems to be NO you must do it our way "insert reasons." Only one of those sides is fine with both sides getting what they want and offering a simple way to do it.
    • Like x 7
  7. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

You started playing a couple years before me. And you likely have much more playtime than I do, considering I quit endgame around 4 years ago.

yes, $79 is arbitrary.
    Yes, a free player can complete most everything a 'paying' player can. Exponentially more time is required without paying. One could even say you get a more game if you don't pay for it.

However, If someone starts a new account today and spends a week or so using the marketplace to level their account what does that look like? Compared to the release of Amazon Fury 1 or Origin Crisis.
    What do you think DCUO players back in 2016 would say about in DCUO 2021?
    - Buying SP with time capsules, Quarks etc.
    - Levelling powerful (& compulsory at endgame) tray abilities with XP from the marketplace?
    -The main game currency for gear is available to buy in the marketplace.
    - Augments that give additional stats and content specific abilities with marketplace XP

Players use to pay for the game content and slowly over time they added more and more grind and gave players the option to buy-pass the grind with money. The business model is based on making the game time consuming and tedious without spending money. And then they wonder why people quit.

If you want to do the 'forum thing' and quibble about P2W vs pay to progress and post definitions, have at it. Some folks are quick to defend DCUO's honour by saying 'it's not P2W'. Ice cream is not Gelato, but they're both full of sugar.
    • Like x 4
  8. Miserable Dedicated Player

You can easily verify in-game that non-gear stats are scaled down in Early End Game content. Just go into a low tier solo (the lower the better) and do any of the following:
    • Open your stats tab and choose any stat that you get from arts, augs, or SP. Notice that the current value of that stat is less than what you normally get from arts, augs, and SP.
    • Remove an artifact or augment. The amount by which your stats decrease is less than the amount provided by the artifact/augment.
    • Go to Traits > Stat Points and highlight any of the non-crit stats (bottom two rows) that have at least one SP spec'd into them. The description explicitly tells you what the [Region Scaled Values] are and what the [Normal Values] are.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I'm a paying customer and have been for 10+ years now, not all paying members are anti clamp and agree with your "OMG my incorrectly perceived view of investment has been robbed from me" lol - just sayin'
    • Like x 1
  10. The Con Dedicated Player

It's..... waaaaait....

Why does this sound really creepy?
    :eek:[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I think someone wants to welcome you to their ignore list.:rolleyes:
  12. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Really proxy, I expect more gifs to go with your hyperbole replies. Please provide the gifs with your next hyperbole response, I miss them. lol just sayin.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Yeah creepy.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

ew
    • Like x 3
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Which part of my post was me being hyperbolic, the part where I told you, not all paying members agree with you or the part where I directly facetiously referenced a sentiment directly expressed by an anti clamper?
    • Like x 1
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Likewise.:rolleyes:
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Stalker recognizes stalker apparently.
    • Like x 4
  18. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Well said.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Sometimes, brevity's best.