Fixed This is getting beyond annoying! Fix your PC Client devs!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

What do you mean? We all know that whenever anything happens to the game we must blame mepps. It's always his fault!
    • Like x 1
  2. appocolyps Committed Player

I had 2 crashes yesterday, both times as soon as i interacted with Dr Fate in HoL
    • Like x 1
  3. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I've had a few extra crashes but honestly a bit tired of writing them down, you want us to keep going or you think those are good enough already to see that there is an issue?
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Would appreciate the update also, is a problem acknowledged now and is it being worked on?
    • Like x 2
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I'm crashing due to about 2-3 hours of gameplay and then trying to interact with a vendor.
  6. appocolyps Committed Player

So i was originally running DC via steam client, had very few issues, since re-installing a few days ago but from the direct DC client, i have had multiple crashes every couple of hours.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have some examples so we should be good for now. TY!
    • Like x 1
  8. PickArole Well-Known Player

I've been reading a bit about memory issues. Older windows had this issue up to and including Windows 98 I believe. Ram was not being released from the os. Sounds like the game has this issue. There are ram programs that you can set to release ram from specific programs. Just a thought, but wort a try I believe.
  9. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Thanks mepps!
    • Like x 1
  10. Swamarian Committed Player

Windows 98 is over 20 years old at this point, and couldn't run current clients. Current versions of Windows are based on the NT codebase, which as far as I know, doesn't have the issue.
  11. PickArole Well-Known Player

It was a comparison of memory issues. Nothing to do with 98 running a client. Besides, the unreal they use now is either or pretty close to legacy. Daybreak will need to up the engine version or the game will die on pc.
  12. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The crash incidents mainly suffered on PC are as soon as you activate a vendor or when you join a raid, the chances of crashing are higher at these moments. Finally the crash of a vendor seems more frequent on the new hall, well after, we are more often there too lately, to see with the other vendors, a force, we end up being afraid to look at a vendor ...
    • Like x 1
  13. Swamarian Committed Player

Why? City of Heroes is running an older client, had it's development house shut down, and it's still doing fine as a zombie. Star Trek Online and Neverwinter are using the Champions engine (based on the CoH engine), and they're doing well. Warframe's running on ancient spaghetti code as well. Not to mention WoW. Most of the limitations in DCUO are legacy PS3 limitations and aesthetic decisions when the game was starting out.
    What problems would going to UE5 solve?
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

I was going to log in quickly yesterday, but then I remembered this thread and felt a bit fearful of having crashes.
  15. PickArole Well-Known Player

Compatibility with newer windows packages. I've heard URE support is fading. If this is true, Microsoft will NOT bow to any online mmo that they don't own to keep Compatible with windows and if you think Daybreak has the money to keep it going, I feel you may be let down sooner than you think.
  16. Swamarian Committed Player

The Windows team goes to great lengths to promote software backwards compatibility. I just checked, and Unreal Tournament (2003) runs just fine on Windows 11. If it keeps working, I don't see the DCUO client having issues.
  17. PickArole Well-Known Player

Everything loses compatibility at some time or another. I have countless pc games on a shelf due to incompatibility. Install and crash at start due to compatibility issues. The pc is a 15 R6 with intel 11800h and a 3070 rtx gpu. Windows 11 no compatibility at all for certain games. Legacy does die after time. I can however pay steam for a newer version that is compatible, but nah, I already bought it once.
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

This only started from windows XP tho. They do not have backwards compatibility with pre-XP Windows.

Diablo 1, for example, only works if you buy the game from GoG.com, as they took it as an abandonware and re-coded the game to work on newer systems. The original versions of the game don't work at all on any post-XP windows.
  19. Swamarian Committed Player

A quick googling shows that D1 runs on newer systems. There is an issue where explorer will corrupt the palette, but there are both patches and work arounds to fix the issue.
  20. PickArole Well-Known Player

Daybreak can't fix half their issues now, hackers, ddos attacks, etc. I don't see a fix from these guys. Steam may do it for a price, but I'm sure membership will make a drastic increase when the time comes to cover the patchwork.