Fixed This is getting beyond annoying! Fix your PC Client devs!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Mar 24, 2022.

1. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

I can confirm with what others have mentioned regarding crashing. I'm on PC, and approximately every 1.5-2 hours, I can feel the extreme memory leak (dropped frames, audio cutting out, delayed/sluggish menus, etc), and the game will eventually hard close / crash. Could happen anywhere, but I typically see myself and others hard crash upon queueing into a raid, or warping somewhere, but it really could happen at any time and anywhere. The other day I checked my mail, turned around and was heading to the broker, and POOF, game closes.

Windows 10 Pro
    i7-8700K
    GeForce RTX 2080
    16 GB RAM
    Windowed
    Not on Steam

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. C3alix Committed Player

*walks in with box of donuts*

Art swapping on PC increases the chances of crashing

*walks out*
    • Like x 4
  3. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Crashed 10:51pm est, was in my toon Experiment Z1, interacted with a vendor. Game crashed.
    • Like x 1
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've tried installing the game fresh on a brand new install of Windows 10 21H2, nothing else but its dependencies and the game itself. Still crashed. Whatever the cause, it appears to be a memory leak. I avoid House of Legends, and the crashes are less frequent. I am pretty sure whatever causes the memory leak is centered in that area, and I somewhat suspect it is related to Doctor Fate since most of my crashes and weird behavior occur after interacting with him.

I've yelled about this until I'm blue in the face, posting error reports that were sent to Microsoft that actually say DCUO has a memory leak, posting error logs that point to a 0xc0000005 crash that is often caused by trying to access an object in memory that is no longer there, etc. Here is a link to my error reports that have gone ignored: Up-Votes Needed - Crashes every 2 hours! Ongoing issue PC! | Page 2 | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)

I'm a bit annoyed that I have gone to such lengths only to have them sit in the digital world without a response from any green names.
    • Like x 1
  5. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

12:51am est. Crashed again on Experiment Z1, zonning out of TOWWE
    I noticed some textures were loading weirdly and then zoned out and boom crash.

Edit: Please let's keep this thread focused on noting now the times of crashing?
    • Like x 1
  6. NotHappy Active Player

I am playing on PC Win 10 and have neither crashed, nor disconnected.
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

There are Memory leaks - one of which I identified and now using a PS controller on PC is much less suicidal.

I'm convinced there are others. But in the meantime, NOT using Steam is key. If only because it removes one variable in research.

It's not the native platform for the game, and it adds it's own lunacy.
  8. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Crashed again 2:04 am est House of Legends on my toon Lt skymaster, talking to a vendor.

Trying to repair that gear and then boom crash.
    • Like x 1
  9. appocolyps Committed Player

PCEU here, using steam client also, not having many issues tbh, the occasional isolated incident post 6+ hrs of sweating the game and teleporting to a new zone perhaps but nothing i wouldnt experience on any other online game.
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

People who are experiencing crashes on PC:

Are you playing on fullscreen or windowed mode? Have you tried switching from one mode to another?
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yes, and it happens with both.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

1:25AM 26 March 2022 - Warped to House of Legends, Textures went black and game crashed shortly after - 1:25AM was the time it crashed to desktop.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I play in windowed mode but have crashed in full screen as well, I haven't played as much this weekend but have had reduced crashes but I think maybe relates to reduced play time.

The one thing I have done is cleared my combat log (but backed it up first) although I don't suspect this has being the culprit or that it would be, but I'm trying everything at this point. In any cases crashes have continued.

I'm trying to get together a few crash instances first though before I start making more changes, and it'll be one thing at a time because if I just change everything and it were to fix itself, you'll never isolate or potentially isolate it.
    • Like x 1
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My wife and I avoided House of Legends all morning and early afternoon. No crashes over almost four hours. We just went to House of Legends to turn in our Omnibus, and both of us are experiencing frame skipping now anywhere we go, which is one of the symptoms I often get before a crash.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, I've suspected issues surrounding the House of Legends as well that's an interesting test to outright avoid it for a while then spend some time there and see what happens.
    • Like x 1
  16. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

This is a DC issue all around it's going on with the Playstation as well seems to happen after a hour or so of being logged in you get a warp go to a black screen freeze stays that way for about a minute then gives a crash report then app closes.
    • Like x 2
  17. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

6:12pm est time, crashed flying around Chaos gotham, this is one of the rare ocassions that I don't crash while zonning or interacting with a vendor.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

Memory leaks usually independ on anything but the application to be running. However, this process can, and most probably will, be accelerated by the amount of things that happen at the same time. This means that if you stay inside your lair you will last the longest, if you do raids you won't be able to complete even one of them.

I know I am sounding redundant by explaining what nobody asked, but if Mepps happens to read these replies and forwards this to the Devs, should they confirm anything said in here the solution will be much easier.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I'm aware, the issue is that often people just put up with this stuff (even myself) and as a result there's zero chance it'll ever get fixed if we say nothing :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Sorry just to be clear as well, I'm converting all my times in to Pacific Time for you.
    • Like x 1