Fixed This is getting beyond annoying! Fix your PC Client devs!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I've had crashes literally being in HoL right from logging in.

This client doesn't like frequent alt+tabbing also.
    • Like x 2
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

That could be, but
    1) Memory leaks aren't that hard to detect. I'd be surprised if after years and years of crashes it was the issue and no dev did much to fix it.
    2) I've never seen my RAM usage for the game go anywhere near 2GB before a crash
    3) I would expect the game to start lagging and dropping FPS before crashing if the memory is leaking slowly

I'm not a game expert so I can't know for sure, but it looks like there are multiple issues causing the crash as they can happen even when you first log in.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I cleaned up some of the off topic stuff. Thank you for the crash reports and times.

(You send us your crash dump the next time you log back in - just wanted to try to locate a few specifically.)
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

There probably are multiple issues, I can only speak as to my own observations, what I've described is what I've seen, if you're experiencing crashes, you should note the dates and times in here if you can along with what you were doing at the time and possibly what you just had been doing prior.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

One of my league mates crashed.
    March.28, 9:57 pm Central he said.
  6. ghosts Well-Known Player

12:42 GMT -3: crashed while flying and chillin' in Gotham
  7. ghosts Well-Known Player

7:53 GMT -3, crashed by warping to 31st century open world

Should l do these by batches of 10? this thread's gonna be longer than the bible otherwise
  8. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The PC version is in dire need of care!

I often face 2 problems and one extremely annoying one besides the random mystery crashes and the 2 hour crashes

The first unpleasant point is this one: when I click on "play" from the game launcher, I manage to launch the game between 2 to 3 times, 3 windows open, but of course, only one of them is the right one, the others I have to close, I don't know if it's a click problem related to my mouse (razer deathadder elite) and its DPI or if the game has trouble recognizing my mouse in some way, but it's really annoying!

Secondo : The game freezes when I return to windows, the taskbar is no longer visible and I have a small rectangle at the top left of the screen the length of 2 small desktop icons and at the height of the buttons to close a window or reduce a window such as a web page and this is the most painful problem, because I am unable to close the game either by ALT + F4 or from the task manager. However, at this moment, when I press ALT + Tab the game window is well <<present>> but impossible to act, I am obliged to restart the PC from ctrl+ alt+ supr with the bottom right button...
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

This doesn't seem to be related to the game. Disappearance of the taskbar with further disappearance of the desktop icons, along with the inability to close or even open anything is a windows situation. This is often related to corruption of the explorer.exe.

I strongly recommend you to do a restorehealth then a sfm/scannow, because this will only escalate until your OS is corrupted. Personal experience.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

This is your mouse click speed (or double click) a quick google tends to indicate that it is a common problem in razer mice, particularly the deathadder, I haven't had this problem with my razer MMO mouse though.

https://insider.razer.com/index.php?threads/real-fix-for-double-click-mouse-problem.57503/

try that solution, see if it helps.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

5:44pm est 03/31/22

1:20am est 04/02/22

3:04am est 04/02/22
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I just crashed. Very first time it's happened to me. I was in the HOL and was zoning into an Omni Duo Zamoran. Then poof.

4/3/22 6:22pm pacific.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Also just crashed 19:30 pacific - 4/3/2022 accessing Catwoman vendor in House of Legends,

I'd only been playing 30 minutes, I had access several things in the HoL including banks, the broker, the mail, did some salvaging,

Warped once to Flashpoint Gotham, went back to House of Legends, crashed upon accessing Catwoman to sell some junk.

The memory leak is getting pretty bad now if I can crash the game in the space of 30 minutes of pretty casual game play.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Hi,

Don't know if you guys had followed my previous posts, but it seems like a general memory leak, I don't know if you've tried doing so, but if you open your resource monitor, when you notice the DCUOGAME.exe reach approx 3.5GB, that's when you're in trouble, warp to Thanagar at that point and watch your game die, it'll probably even crash accessing an NPC.
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

16. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I'll check that next time I crash

8:28am est 04/02/22

11:45pm est 04/03/22

3:47am est 04/03/22
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

TYVM for the specifics.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

This was actually the first time I've experienced it. It's possible my whole computer was slogging from something else running. (Like discord, chrome, etc.) I don't make a habit of having my task manager up as I don't usually open it unless something is unresponsive.

I hope you are able to figure out a fix.
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

I had that once shortly before I was forced to stop playing (RL issues), and it stopped when I logged back in. I even posted about this in Arkham Asylum but nbody listened/blamed my pc, so I can say I warned people.

On the same time I am very glad that mepps did this to you so nobody can play until my responsibilities diminish and I can come back to the game.

Thanks, Mepps.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

LOL Well, it was a "the devs" "you" and not a "mepps" "you". But I appreciate the humor.