These changes were dumb

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PolishEagle, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamINC Dedicated Player

I've just said something very similar to a friend on here , it feels like punishment for the forum backlash and I agree it's turned the open world maps into a wasted development areas as players won't be spending as much time there doing anything.

I don't blame the players , they were right to voice the opinions over the vendor costs , removing so much of the open world solo content was not the answer to the problem , at least not to me.
    • Like x 9
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Because the players complained. The players were expecting the developers to shorten the 6 month grind, which they obviously weren't going to do.

So the Developers basically treated the Complaints like a Math equation, you do one thing to one side, you do it to another. Less requirements in vendor=less daily missions.

If the 6 month grind was going to remain, I would've stuck with the original plans and the original amount of dailies they had in the original episode.
    • Like x 5
  3. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Watched Wonder Woman for the second time and earned the movie costume on Injustice 2 . Both are great things to do this weekend , I might get on DCUO and check out the new content . There are tons of great options for DC fans , I think DCUO has tons of areas it needs to improve but I'll spend my time playing the parts I enjoy. Some of you guys need to step away for a few weeks just to get a fresh look at all the game still has to offer even with it's flaws
    • Like x 4
  4. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I'm GJGBlackdragon and I partially support this complain. I'm not happy with the devs at this point. But I don't point the responsibility to the people that complained about the gear cost but in to the decision makers of the game.

Not happy.
    • Like x 4
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm sorry but this DLC with the changes that were made, This reminds me exactly why I hated the monthly content system, and this is basically start to feel like an extension of monthly content; Barely any open world and Raids and Alerts shoved down our throats.

Episode-28 has now gotten my vote for one of the worst pieces of content that this game has released, both in terms of styles and lack of content.
    • Like x 6
  6. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

This may be general dumbness on my part. Are the "Wanted" things part of the OP collection? I have had two drop in JFA but one was a duplicate. I do have the whole mid-night set thanks to a lucky trade. Is that what I have to have, or is it that I have to have all of the gear from the vendor?
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

lol
    That's the way they deal with our feedback. Basicly going to the extreme and taking what we complain about as an attack, then punishing us.
    Same they did when we asked for more cosmetic items. They ignore the marketplace and put all the cosmetic stuff into lottery boxes.

Instead lowering the gear prices just a bit they remove most of the open world content, IN A DLC WITHOUT SOLOS OR DUOS. AFTER 7 MONTHS WAITING FOR A NEW DLC.
    I mean, who asked to cut the content? We never did that! Cut the prices, not the ******* content! EVER!
    I seriously think the devs want us players gone. They can't be this clueless, this game is on trainwreck mode.
    • Like x 9
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Actually, there are several tabletop options for DC adventuring goodness. This was my favorite, but is now out of print:

[IMG]

I believe that Green Ronin has the license currently and are producing a product called 'DC Adventures RPG' which is really just an altered version of their Mutants & Masterminds game.

Anyway, as far as the OP's topic is concerned, I expressed my disappointment the day the Open World changes were announced while everybody else was celebrating. Where were all of you then? :p
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The STARRO duo and alert were never meant to be a long dragged out ordeal.. it was an event and designed to actually allow players to grab enough armor and spores to increase their CR. I played 4 different alts for pretty much the length of that event and 2 of them are now CR 188 and a third was 189 by the time it was over. The fourth is sitting at CR 178. Now when the event started two were in the low 170s 9like CR 171 and CR 172) while the other two were in the 1502 and 160s.

Everything about the event was designed to be quick so players could gear up and move up multiple alts.

Now care to know how many ALTS I've played the new DLC with? THREE... and in case it has not occurred to anyone yet I am so ticked off by the changes they made in just 3 days that exactly ONE of those has even been in game today.. i finished the small amount of crap I was left to do and logged out completely.

I have done all but 1 raid and both alerts on the new DLC and they are fine.. hey at least more of a challenge than the stuff we got with AF 3 but its still a far cry from the amount of content we used to get when a new DLC appeared .. Oh and in case you have not figured it all out yet.......................

They did us a HUGE favor and dropped the prices at the vendor and then turned right around and cut the amount of war bonds we can earn in a day (without using a yon of replays) so just how MUCH did we actually benefit? Here's a hint.. Not a whole lot
    • Like x 1
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

its not ok though when you HAVE to reset the elite raids just to do them for the 1st time. Thats BS I dont care who you are. You should get 1 free run of elite raids like it was with the alerts.
    • Like x 3
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you say that as if the feats are hard lol

I have 12-15 of the feats done already. 2-3 almost done, and the elite raids I will get alittle more geared for those as Im only 196cr atm.
  12. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.
    • Like x 2
  13. inferno Loyal Player

This, Jacob, is something every one here needs to understand when they want to change something in the DLC. The developers have an ultimate goal or lifespan for a DLC. They are not going to change this. If changes are made into the equation, the end result will still remain but the rest of the equation is not the better or efficient solution. I feel that before we had a 2+2=4 equation. Now we have a 1+1/2+1/2+1 3/4+1/4 = 4
    • Like x 1
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

sadly I plan to, I did up til my legendary ran out for AFIII due to friends were running it after my legendary ran out bunch of ppl started disappearing / leaving.
  15. Emoney Dedicated Player

Immediately its about my SP? 281 btw lol.

Its about the content. TWO open world areas...with nothing to do lol. Maybe I shouldnt have played the first day and experienced how it was intended to work. But now, sorry it feels broken. It feels like a waste of time.
    This is supposed to last 6-7 months?!? Nope, it feels like half a** garbage....and entitled individuals made it worse.

My apologies for the misinfo about the gear and collections, if it was just a glitch...then ok. However, it initially sounded like it was intended to artificially inflate the grind...maybe that was intended and the devs changed their minds.....or it was just a glitch lol, either way, they only fixed a wheel in a trainwreck.....the rest of this DLC is not worth 90$, (15$ × 6 months for you math *****.)

I beat all regular content day one, without any problems or new gear. So what am I grinding for the next 6 months.....to make a raid go from 20 minutes to 7???? Oh I know youll say elite content.....but I WILL NOT pay to run that. The whole Elite system has been a scam, and I do not partake.

Yeah that means Im missing my elite feats, at 281 though, I dont need them either.
    • Like x 4
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

exactly why I bought it out right. So when Im bored of it I can go play Marvels game lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Aren Sul Committed Player

No solo, no duo, one open world mission. This is less than the monthly content we used to get.
    • Like x 1
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

Yeah I missed that announcement, I was so disappointed I stepped away from everything dcuo yesterday.

And although you said it wasnt towards me I gotta say.....I love a well thought out dlc. I love consistency. I can look past parts I generally dont like gameplay wise....if it all works. This dlc is a mess. Even before the changes....but especially after.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

you've made a fatal error in your math there. Whether your perception is that you're paying $15 a month just for the newest episode or not, that is not the fact. your $15 pays for a subscription to access for the entire game. Even excluding all the extra powers you have access to, the utility belt, base access, MP cash and replay badges, you're paying roughly 54 cents a month, per episode for access. Add all those other benefits in, and that pocket change per episode goes down even more.

One can argue that this episode is not enough content for the episode window it's supposed to live in, and I would certainly agree with that argument, but you're not paying 90 bucks over six months just for access to the newest episode, and it's disingenuous to present it as such. It's actually $3.24 if you exclude the aforementioned features and perks of $15 a month subscription.
    • Like x 1
  20. Emoney Dedicated Player

Lol! You sir must be a lawyer....or aspire to be one.

Lets break down what we pay for shall we:
    Pvp....broken
    All powersets....broken powers
    Previous content....nope, feats are done.
    Promethium boxes.....yup feats done
    Bases.....oh please
    Utility belt/shield....bought those outright first time I tried to play without membership lol.

It comes down to two things really. Progression and ingame cash. I could just buy the dlc like you imply, but when was the last time you tried to play the newest dlc with only 1500-2k cash. Not to mention TCs have feats, feats are progression, and the broker is a path to it.

So yes, to me, this game requires membership to enjoy it. But this DLC doesnts justify paying that....since that is my only means of progression.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.