These changes were dumb

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PolishEagle, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

So people complained about the year costs so the devs lowered it but in turn cut the number of open world missions you can do. Way to go complainers. That means less core elements earned per day. Plus the open world stuff is fun. The original idea with gear costs were much better in my opinion.
    • Like x 6
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Kurwa!
    • Like x 2
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

have to agree.

at first i was kind of worried about keeping a few of my top alts up to date. I spent all day thursday doing nothing but running the open world missions. that overwhelmed oh my god what do i do first feeling was nice to have.

today it took me an hour to get all the open world stuff done...on five toons.

i'd rather feel a little overwhelmed and let a few things go each day on an alt than not have enough to do.

maybe they could compromise and just add one more to each area per day.

also they should move the location of the stringhold bounties to that area where you fight the ultimate soldier.
    • Like x 6
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

so, they've knocked the open world missions down to just the one? per day? is that correct?
    • Like x 1
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

Looks like it. What a waste of those new open worlds.
    • Like x 7
  6. JaxonRoberts New Player

We waited SEVEN months for a new episode, and the first thing they do is cut the open world material down by 75%??? I'm reconsidering renewing my subscription if this is all I can expect twice a year! VERY BAD CHOICE DEVS!!!
    • Like x 6
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

well, that's just peachy. I don't run the event alerts or raids. but I really enjoy the open world stuff. I don't give a toss about the grind or the race to the top, I just go in & have fun running the dailies. that's it. now, I can't even do that? why the **** am I even bothering to pay a sub for this game any more? seriously, guys. what. the. very. ****.
    • Like x 10
  8. xD25x Dedicated Player

So you guys are mad they significantly lowered the cost on gear because a few dailies were taken away. If you play dcuo just to pick something up and move it 5 times than maybe this isn't the game for you.
    • Like x 1
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

You know what grinds my gears? 411. It wasn't that bad when it was 410, but they had to go and lengthen the grind to an unreasonable level like they always do.
    • Like x 7
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I mentioned this in another thread, but I never really had a problem with the pricing or anything. But then, I'm weird in how I play the game (mainly solo content) so I'm used to taking the long path in getting gear.

What ends up mattering more to me is having some variety in the missions. Areas like the Gotham Wastelands, Gotham Under Siege, the WOTL2 Metro Battlezone missions and even New Genesis are right up my alley because you get a variety of missions on a decent rotation and some choice in the order in which you tackle the missions. I can handle the low currency returns in that because you get more stuff to do. And before the changes, Age of Justice was going to offer just that.

Now? It's like the Home Turf dailies. Two pieces of content per day for those inclined to go it alone. Not exactly something to look forward to, and it's all thanks to others complaining about cost.
    • Like x 9
  11. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Yeah, I don't even know what to do with myself these days. I reduced my playtime on my alternates a couple weeks ago so I could focus on my primary character. On day one I went from 191-198 CR just off gear drops and a lucky deal on some of that TC gear. Due to that the only real way I can advance is by hoping I get more 173 pieces, or by saving up war bonds. I haven't spent a single war bond yet, and even with at least 6-7 resets I have like 150ish bonds. When I went after ancient coins I targeted the OP items first, but looking at the prices on these I suppose I will just get some of the 175 pieces or whatever just so I can salvage whatever from that area.

Again, the new method didn't change anything. Lowering the price doesn't do anything if you also lower the amount you're able to make. It was just a clever deception to reduce the crying.
    • Like x 1
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Oh cause the people who complained were the ones who made the decision :rolleyes: Gotta go, im late getting to the daybreak offices. Any other change u would like since i work there now?

Idk about others but i made it very clear that running the same dlc for 6 months straight was too much for me. That was my complaint. I never asked for them to lower the amount of stuff we do daily. I wanted the 6 months shortened to 4-4.5 months. Devs made a change, werent very clear about that change in the announcement. And tbh its not that great of a change. But thats on the devs, not the players.

From what i saw many people misread that announcement too. Praised it, i did the same, misread and praised it. But later i found out what it really was and dont agree with it. Its getting really frustrating hearing your feedback is very important to us but when a change happens its not the change we asked for. Also id like to hear how people feel about the dailies 6 months from now when u have run em 360 times ;) The old way it would of been 1080 dailies in that 6 month span.

Lastly the time it takes to get the gear is unchanged. 3 months for vendor gear, another 3 months for OP items for a total of 6 months. Tack on another 5-6 weeks for those helmets.
    • Like x 5
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

The majority of players thought the cost were too high. Besides this is an MMO. It is meant to play in groups. It's how these type of games are designed. The majority doesn't mind losing a few dailies everyday if it means we can get gear at a better more reasonable cost. Most of the dailies are tedious anyways. Go here and grab this item, take item to here, repeat 5 times. If that's your idea of fun as opposed to let's group up and attempt these alert or raid feats than like I said earlier dcuo is probably not the game or the community for you.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is there a game where you can create and customise your own character in the DC universe that isn't an mmo?
    • Like x 3
  15. xD25x Dedicated Player

There is not.
  16. JaxonRoberts New Player

I play the game so that I can PLAY THE GAME, not buy gear! I don't care if it takes until the next episode or longer to buy up all the gear so long as I have content to do! I can now do ALL the content possible for my CR in less than an hour, and that includes the Amazon Fury III crap which we have been grinding out for the last seven months! If you are only here to rapidly gear up your toon, then perhaps YOU are playing the wrong game!
    • Like x 5
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So maybe don't tell people who don't like group content that they shouldn't play this game?
    • Like x 12
  18. inferno Loyal Player

a few dailies? running 2 alerts eveyday which will probably take you 30 or 40 minutes total gives you 6 bonds. Running those dailies with 4 missions in 51 and 3 in the village which probably around 30 min gives you 7. They basically cut down your total daily reward by 30% to 40% AND they cut down the amount of playtime you have on the game. Does that really makes better sense for you?

Grinding? IF this is not for you then maybe MMOs are not for you. In ESO one mission was for delivering a frickin' recipe to a relative another was picking mushrooms to make a stupid pie.

Why are people complaining about "grinding"? I never played any MMOs b4 DCUO but I always heard that WoW was infamous for having to do the daily "grind". Tedious, yes, but in the end rewarding to those that persisted.

Know what a tedious grind is for me? doing the the same event for 28 toons. every frickin day. FOR. 30. DAYS.

Having 6 open world missions to do on my main was fun. It was a first in the history of DCUO episodes. We never had it before. Congratulations, Everyone. we had it for a day.
    • Like x 7
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yep 1 per day in each zone.. so two days ago we could do 6 daily missions between Area 51 and the war torn village .. now we do one in each.

Funny isn't it.... Just last month we were doing 4 daily missions a DAY in the Deluge zone PLUS we had a duo an alert and a raid. Not to mention 3 weekly missions

Now we get 2 dailys.... NO solo challenge (like we had with AF3, no duo like we had with AF3 and STARRO, 2 alerts and 2 raids.

Oh we do still have like 3 weekly missions and you can even use replays if you want to do them over and over... you can replay defeating 411 soldiers in area 51 and in the war torn zone. Costs you 87 replays and you get 1 whole war bond. Oh yeah and you can replay the Bounties in the war Torn zone (Grundy and so on for yet another 87 replays) ....

Super big value.. for only 12 replays you can do the Paradox Demon in AREA 51.
    • Like x 5
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Massive multi-player online. Js. Come out of your anti social shell. Make a few friends.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.