The Witching Hour Rewards: The Facts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enzan Committed Player

My only gripe is that we do the same thing each year. I don't ask for much, but it'd be nice if they'd add another instance or Open World mission each year to the same event.

"Klarion has been defe-- What is this?! Tala is rampaging through Gotham! It seems Klarion has angered her by tampering with her powers, team up and take her down!"

It could be like the previous T4 open world bosses, but a little toned down so people can taker her down within 4-8 people instead of needing 10 groups of 8. lol. Just something.
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Spytle wrote: "Furthermore, we do not have the time to reinvent these seasonal events every year. "

This does not actually mean, in English, "we will be reinventing seasonal events every other year." It doesn't even mean "we will someday reinvent a single seasonal event." There is no reason whatever to believe the devs have any plans to redo seasonals in future until they actually say it might possibly happen.

He said quite clearly, and understandably, that they need the time to build new stuff.
  3. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Please increase the drop rate of the witch hat. 0 for 70 something runs is absolutely ridiculous. Too late to do it now without a hotfix, but something to consider for next year. Don't toss it in the vendor for an absurd 40 spookies either, as it's equally absurd to drop another two dozen runs for a style. YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO USE THE STYLE THROUGH THE MONTH. :\

And don't give me that broker jibba jabba. All players at all access levels should be able to achieve it within a much more reasonable time running the event. Heck, even Klarion's boots are a very cheap recycle of an existing style with a tiny added-in buckle.
    • Like x 1
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Working as intended, sorry. Sometimes luck just isnt in your favor. I havent seen Jr, Boots or the Hat and i've been running it everyday. Its just how it is.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLoneLantern New Player

Valentine's Day has ZERO event though, which is the point I think Projectiles was trying to make.
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

ok thank you for providing us with so much info. thanks also for allowing us to buy mr boo. 40 marks though? I understand every point u make and pretty valid but what do u tell the guys who are in their third Halloween event and have no mr boo, mrs boo or junior boo? tuff luck? this is my third Halloween event and as I guy who hates seasonals am sick of going into them. however u need sp and I want any of the boo's so I drag three toons through. now I gotta chose working on skill points or boo. ridiculous, but atleast u are trying.
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Well I started running the Halloween event for the first time on my main this year. I started out with 0 Spooky Bites and no feats. 2 Days ago I bought Mr. Boo after achieving ALL the feats for the event about a week ago. The only "dirty" tactic I used was running the instances with my Alts to get the Base items and sending them to my main.

As with many things DCUO announce, the community went insane, instantly assuming they were being screwed over. This was clearly not the case as I have demonstrated.

Overall it's been my favourite event so far. I've been getting into the spirit by wearing the styles and decorating my base with Halloween items. It's even encouraged me to get more involved in Halloween this year as I don't bother. I'm about to carve a pumpkin soon :)

The last event I need to see is the Christmas one. I've always been in my "off" periods when it's been live on the game. Christmas is my favourite time of year so I'm especially looking forward to it. I hope there's plenty of Christmas decoration base items, including decorated trees and lights.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.