The Witching Hour Rewards: The Facts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I may end up getting flamed for this buuuuuut, I really like the seasonal!! Hallowe'en is one of my (if not #1) favorite holiday(s) in the year. This is the first seasonal to come along since I got into this game 100% and finally understand how (most) all of its mechanics work. Like the new costume pieces, though I won't use them all the time, I like having them. The base items are very fun and I could kick Clarion's butt all day long ... if I had anymore replays ... Thank you guys for what i see as a really fun addition to a really great game. Now I will hide under my desk here at work while the forumites drop hate bombs around me :)
    • Like x 1
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

As I've stated, I'd gladly pay whatever price for an unlimited replay account. The money isn't the issue. It's that everything feels like I'm gambling. They've created a system based on randomness that also involves real life money. They're making me a gambler. I don't want to do that. I don't want this to be a carnival, I want this to be an amusement park. I don't want to have to pay a ticket for each ride, I just want to go and ride rides for a while and forget that I paid the same price overall just upfront.

Every night there is this whole "do I run paradox again?" It's fun, but is it worth more replays? Do I want to run it locked?

It's getting old.

But this is off topic for this thread. I'll just drop it with this post.

I don't hate Jens, I don't hate Mepps, this isn't personal, it's a disagreement on forums. I call the tricks they are pulling with t5 carnie tricks, I'm not saying anything about Jens, but fact is right now they've said the Head/Chest/Shoulders dropped. THey leaked in to the game on a character that really shoudln't have them. That's the same trick carnies use to get you to think you can win their games. You may say it's uncalled for, but sorry until they start dropping, I'll keep bringing it up any chance I get. And I am not calling Jens dumb, In fact I'm saying he's smarter than what he puts on regarding that topic. So if anything it's a complement :p

Perhaps I use too much hyperbole, but it's there to emphasize how frustrating these issues feel.
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

okay Jeebie I can feel your pain but I still have got to ask when you talk about the " same stuff that got old last year" You do play the same game I do right? LOL How many times does one need to do Watchtower, Smallville , etc to get enough Marks to hit T2 content? How many daily missions does one need to run in the wasteland, along with duos and Trigon's Prison to get their character to CR 95 or better so players on the LFG will THINK about letting them join Family Reunion or Brothers in Arms? After we hit level 30 and start farming for marks there isn't a thing in game we don't do over and over and over. How is this any different?

Fact: while not everyone cares about lair décor I am having a blast grabbing new scary furniture ad turning my sewer lair into a grizzly house of horrors complete with freshly dug graves [hint I finally found a real good use for my pile of dirt with shovel... stick a grave stone behind it and you have NEW GRAVE].

Fact: If it gives me a way to earn more feat points and eventually more skill points I am going to do it.

Fact: Okay so I am a newer player and this is my FIRST Halloween event. I can understand how it would start to seem stale to someone that has done the same thing now for 3 years but the game gets new players all the time. Look at it this way if your CR 98 and check and see there is absolutely nothing new to earn from an event .. You can skip it and go back to running raids and alerts and hunting for exobits so you get to CR 100 that much faster.
    • Like x 1
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Check the Announcements for a wee bit of sunshine in your life. :)
  5. Charlie Fantom New Player

The drops are my problem . 3 years a very little is new. Boo Jr is a joke. How about a little imagination. Not asking you to blow our socks off with new drops but something new would be nice. how about a Halloween trinket that only works on the event. Or one that only works on All hallows eve. One that summons new scary effects or bellowing screams. Yes bellowing screams would be nice. Im not asking for whole new event but some new and unique drops would be nice. The candy is rather, overdone and not the best choice for diabetics. The nexus formula for drops are not exactly welcome in an event either. Ran it 15 times with alts and all I got was a witches hat.
  6. Angus Krozz New Player

I seen a post about the 1st halloween event had scarecrow and, at that time I had no interest in playing DC. Next holloween add the scarecrow event with the witchboy. This way players have more to do and, for future events I would like to have more to do also. Holloween is about scaring people adding the sinestro cores arkillo and green lanterns killowag could make it interesting. I would like to have 3 events for each seasonal event added that would make it more interesting.
  7. Zicorahk Well-Known Player

Rabble Rabble Rabble. There's my two cents.
    • Like x 1
  8. myandria Item Storage

I'm playing The Witching Hour over and over without replay badges because the new loot drop system is implemented into it! I can wait a day to get the main loot again; playing without rolling for loot makes me happy!:D
  9. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

I got Traces in Time controller legs on the last boss of Nexus before the made the changes to the loot that drops in there. Don't know if it still drops there but I hope that gives you an idea.
  10. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  11. BumblingB I got better.

*counts using fingers and toes* I count 3... I think.
  12. Claire Bear New Player

This seasonal is really improving my recent view of the game. There are tons of people in the East End. Tons. The buzz is positive. My alt picked up a Boo in the vault last night (still only level 26 though lol) and I was thrilled.

My $20 PSN card has been burning a hole in my pocket for 2 weeks now as I was undecided to spend it on dcuo or not. I will now. Getting two more DLCs this weekend. Keep up the good work boys and girls.
    • Like x 1
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

There will always be people who demand more. I think this year's expansion of the event is well done. The skeleton style looks awesome and I have already seen many wear it. The furniture is just what we needed: Some really cool spooky stuff!
    • Like x 1
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Because you have people who want it now, now, now. They don't want to take 28 days to complete something. They want to do ti in 5 and be done with it. It's a microcosm of society.
    • Like x 2
  15. Claire Bear New Player

I saw a guy wearing the full skeleton kit last night as well. Pretty well done stuff.

Quick Question. I have done both the mission and the event three times now with my main and my alt. I have only got one of the consumable treats for each and I feel like I am way behind the curve on that feat. There are tons of sweets to eat and I want to get them all done this year, obviously. Will I be able to do it? Am I behind? Just keep calm?
  16. Grees New Player

PANIC! Just messing Claire, are you hitting up solos, duos, alerts, raids cause all bosses tend to drop some of the holiday treats and things.
  17. Claire Bear New Player

I am panicking. I finished everything in the summer seasonal except for one piece of the suit, and that irks me to this day. I want to finish this one!

I honestly forgot that seasonal things dropped from regular daily/weekly content.
  18. Claire Bear New Player

Can someone help a brutha understand Boos a bit better?

An alt just got a second boo. What should I do with the lesser of the two? I can't mail it to anyone. Can I salvage it?

Any help or insight on this matter would be huge. Thanks!
  19. The Klepto New Player

Awesome information dude. Now this is how it should be with every single update! This is amazing!
  20. cravex15 Dedicated Player

I at first was a little bummed at how easy the Masquerade Club was but now I see and am enjoying it.
    I dont know why people are so upset by the amount of bites you get.
    You get 3 bites a day and everything in the vendor is between 1 and 7 bites. Thats enough to play everyday and get everything.
    But yeah you would have to save up for Mr. Boo.
    My advice is use some replays now in the beginning while its still early and get all that cheap stuff that cost 1 or 2 or 3 bites now and then after you got what you need from that spend the rest of the next 28 days saving up for Mr. Boo.
    Easy as that.
    Just have fun with it....I am.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.