The Witching Hour Rewards: The Facts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weapon meX New Player

Well as i see it, it only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to do the Halloween event and the in-world side mission. It would be nice to get a different halloween event each year but at the cost of the DEV team working on a new DLC.......GIMMIE DLC!! anyday!!

Lets look at the positive side of things, people who otherwise have not done the Witching Hour Halloween event, now get a chance to.
    Also, they gave us 2 new feats, with new gear styles and base items, a plus! since that gives people who like styles and base items a reason to do the event , hence keep playing DCUO. On top of that, it also caters to people who already have done the event and just wish to collect extra Feat Points. It's a plus all around.

When it comes to alts, and how it affects them, that's a thing of personal choice and sacrifice. it is neither the development teams fault nor SOE in its entirety, that, you wish or would think you are given no choice but to buy replays to get what you want.

Both Carnies and SOE are businesses. DCUO is a product. To stay a-float, and provide us people with new content to keep us entertained they MUST have a way to keep "the show" going. I have never bought replays, since there has been no need to. Legendary loyalty points and monthly replays that come with legendary do more than enough. If a person is patient they can save those loyalty points and replays for times when they need them.

What you are asking for falls in the lines of this:
    [IMG]

DCUO can not revolve around the wants of one individual. As stated before, they have catered to many player bases already. From the new, to the collectors, to the SP grinders and long time player base. Let's be thankful that they have provided us a small change of pace between the previous DLC and the next DLC.

To the DEV-Team: Keep on keeping on, i feel i may speak for many when i say/type, "please do not focus more of your time on events, that, you otherwise would use, in giving all of us a awesome new DLC!!" HELLO!!! ARMORIES!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  2. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Not to excited about the event...I've done it for 3 years and only 2 ten point feats new this year...boo jr is ok...how come all boo's are might based...I think at least one of them should be precision based...
  3. deltablues New Player

My experience was "only 3 tokens per day? I guess I'll have to try to do it every day." and that was the end of that.
  4. Teminem Well-Known Player

Okay, guys I have an awesome idea and PLEASE spread it on. So I was thinking that the game creators should make the weapons for sorcery purple. They should also make the power attacks white and purple instead of red and blue. It would make more sense and making hand blaster red was a bad idea because it ruined Circe, Raven, etc... It also ruined quite a lot of people with sorcery who made their suits purple. Making it purple would more magical and better. People who don't really like sorcery don't care but a lot of people liked it better purple, but it the weapon should be a bit brighter like when you go on dcuniverse.com, go to powers, go to sorcery and it's purple and white. Please a lot of people would probably like it a lot more because now it doesn't look very magical right now, it looks like fireworks, PLEASE help spread this around.
  5. Teminem Well-Known Player

How do make a forum
  6. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I think they complain because they want everything in the Seasonal handed to them on Silver Platter. I completely agree with you. Although, I find this years Event so much better than lasts years simply because of the Base Items, Boo Jr, and the Skeleton Suit. I don't understand why people would complain about that. It's not new content, but they are new items and that's more than enough for me.
    • Like x 2
  7. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Click on Forums, pick a category that fits your post, and then click "Post New Thread". Search throughout that category because someone may have created a topic similar to your idea.
  8. Weapon meX New Player

Here you go Teminem:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/powers-discussion-sorcery.166654/

that links takes you to the developer discussion forum and specifically a ongoing thread regarding sorcery.

to get back on topic: i realized that a person can obtain all base items with 12 level 6 alts, within 2 days and using no replays. If, your legendary that's a given. If a person is premium divide that and calculate 3 marks a day per alt, still 2 days per alt will grant you 1 base item with 2 marks left over, so in 4 days, 1alt will grant you 12 marks and allow you to buy 3 base items; 6 alts can grant you 72 marks total in 4 days allowing you to spend 48 of those marks to obtain all 12 base items. Leaving you with 24 extra marks that you can save for next year or use em to buy candy. If a premium does this say 8 days, with 6 alts, they can purchase each base item 3 times, and have 3 alts obtain the base item 10 point feat!!

If you are free to play, using just 2 characters you can obtain 48 marks in 8 days; allowing you to purchase all base items.

Take into account the event is 28 days long, you can repeat this easy 10 minute grind and achieve the base item feat for all your alts; depending on which ones you intended to get the feat on. They have made it easy for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eazy peezy lemon squeezy!
    • Like x 1
  9. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

hi,
    I only got through reading the 1st page, so...

I Just wanted to say thanks to Jens for allowing the furniture to be tradeable
    Also to everyone else i wanted to point out that since the furniture is tradeable you really can bang out that feat on one or even two toons by using your other 14 alts to help farm the event at least.
    i havent bothered doing it, but i have been just working on teh feat for my main first by buying furniture with my alt and trading it.
    cut my time in half.:cool:
  10. Lucaefor New Player

Christmas doesn't last for 28 days.

I think the inclusion of purchasable Mr Boo is pretty neat. The 28 day period is fair to give everyone a chance to do the event but I think JEEBIE has a point about farming... It would be far better if you could only do the event once and savour it than grind it every day for a month and wear it out.

It's nice to have seasonal events to look forward to though.
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

You owe me a new keyboard because I just spit milk all over mine.
    • Like x 1
  12. Teminem Well-Known Player

?
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You might want to elaborate on your question if you want anyone to know what it is.
    • Like x 1
  14. mylesjay New Player

are there any other ways to get the trick or treat consumables?
  15. Little Sister New Player

They drop in every instance.
    • Like x 2
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

You could just be like me and not run seasonals on your alts. My alts are just that: alts. I don't aim to ever have the same number of SP on them. I will not grind them like I have my main. They are there as fill-ins for content or for a change of pace. Heck, they aren't even ready for T5 raids, yet. I'll get them there, eventually, but they will always be several steps behind my main. Too much real life to spend that much time on a game.
  17. Projectiles New Player

Looking forward to the future DlCs :) i have been playing this game since release. a little off topic from this event. we had that weird valentines day event year one. and nothing after that... just free feats. as you posted you don't have time to reinvent every year. :) will 2014 be the time for a new valentines day event?
  18. mylesjay New Player

:
    how bout the t5 duos? is it an always or is there a chance that the candies drop?
  19. The dark knight New Player

Hi Jens,
    Well then you guys are just thinking wrong. The halloween event is not fun. But as you said...
    I absolutely agree on this. The events are a means to an end, and that end is certain rewards or feats. In that light, I don' really care too much about whether the event is fun or not. As long as I can get the feats and rewards. In that light, I want to thank you for introducing Mr. Boo to the vendor, even though 40 marks seems really expensive considering you can only earn 3 marks a day (without replay badges). But I guess you're right about that too. If it were 20 marks only, almost everyone would run around with a mr. boo trinket in the future.

The only thing that really freaked me out for a day with this year's event is that I dropped Mrs. Boo in the vault for the one char that already dropped Mr. Boo in last year's event, and I can only use one of both at a time. X-D Is there a hidden mechanic that a specific account can only drop Mrs. Boo once a year, or do I still have a chance to drop Mrs. Boo with one of my other chars in the vault?

Btw: How about this suggestion?
    Since I found it rather frustrating to play events daily with 4+ characters just to drop a trinket on a char that has no use for it (p.e. only my elec healer dropped the snowman trinket instead of my ice dps, and as mentioned above, the second boo trinket for one char), I would really like it, if the event-trinkets that rarely drop would be account bound instead of character bound, at least until the first use.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lantern Landen New Player

That seems reasonable.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.