The War of the Light Begins Early for Members!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 21, 2014.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

123 mb is because you are on the ps3. I am legendary and I also only had 123 mb. This is apparently dependent on what system your playing on. Yes you get the dlc as soon as you subscribe. Its already in the game the legendary just unlocks it
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you go Legendary, you'll have it right away.
    • Like x 2
  3. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Something is wrong, the power is out and there is not a 125 page guide to this power yet?!?!?!?!
    • Like x 1
  4. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Their are many of us that have put up pretty decent videos on the powerset, the ones that want to do extra will have them up in about three hours when their downloads are done 8P
    • Like x 1
  5. ZramTA New Player

EU PS4 Server Not UP? My friend finished download & Hes Getting Failed To Connect ??
  6. SnakeEyes606 New Player

[QUOTE
    Sertico91New Member

New
    Sertico91 said:
    “so the new gear can be used at cr 86?then the trigon's dlc and origin crisis are useful? i dont understand..”]
    Couldn't figure out how to get out of quotes...lol
    ------Yes origin crisis and sons of trigon dlcs will definatly help you to get the marks you need to buy the new weapon, trinket, face, rings, necks, gear.. eventhough you don't get better gear drops from running BIA FAM you still get to get what you need to buy the best gear if you grind those ops and alerts/ duos. Everybody buy all three dlcs if your anti legendary if not subscribe now to 3 month legendary and get all the dlcs immediately!!!
  7. TheFirstAngel New Player

ahhh ok thx mepps i'll upgrade soon as i get home!!!
  8. TheFirstAngel New Player

so i'll also have to buy a power change thingy right? cause i wanna go to from earth to rage.
  9. SnakeEyes606 New Player

yes you will have to purchase a respect "power" token from the marketplace or ps store. Make sure you don't accidentally hit the movement mode token or something cuz I almost done that once when I still had my old tv...lol:eek:
    • Like x 1
  10. SnakeEyes606 New Player

you can buy it with two months worth of loyalty points if you were legendary the past two months from the skeets vendor machines in the police stations as well.
  11. AbsoluteZero Committed Player

Unfortunately I gotta wait till Friday to re up my legendary (sad face)
  12. Codemunkee New Player

Well, apparently another perk is enjoying DLC content early.

That's not even the point though. The point is knowing exactly what "you" (general pronoun, not you personally) are paying for when you put down your money, on whatever it may be. "Fairness" has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's about VALUE.

If I am a new Legendary sub (which I am, I am only a month old), my $80 or so spent (in DLC content "ownership" as you implied by your usage of the word "rent") is the same as approximately 8 months of subscription at the current promotional rate (5 months at the "normal" rate, so lets go with 5 months).

Lets assume at 6 months, for some awful reason, I can no longer play DCUO (I have a wife, kids, full time job, yada yada yada).

Your "ownership" stake is worth exactly what my rental cost is once I let my sub end - zero. Zilch. You don't take the DLCs and play offline. And that's just for DLC. Respec tokens, replay badges, extra space - these are things that I find value in, you do not.

Stretch it out another 6 months. Lets say a year of subs at $15 a month. You buy possibly 2 more DLCs in that year. We are now nearly at parity. I quit the game, tragically. DLC continues to be worth zero. If I'm quitting, why would I care if I owned it?

If a player finds value in those things, and is a Premium player, its their responsibility to figure out whether the monthly sub is worth the expense. What does that perception of value have to do with whether or not you think you are "owed" something because you chose a different route to get the same game content that I have access to?

TL;DR; You know what, its your money. What do I care how you spend it, and why would you care how I choose to spend mine?
  13. SnakeEyes606 New Player

I'm in the same position, I don't get paid til Friday:( But I've studied the power for hours everyday so I could still help my league mates out with loadouts and rotations and stuff over the next couple days.
  14. SnakeEyes606 New Player

If you end up losing interest and put the game down for a while it don't matter if you have the dlc unlocked or not cuz you won't be playing the dlcs anyways. That's why a legendary sub is better cuz as long as you love the game enough to keep playing It legendary is worth it, especially getting the dlcs early. Theres a lot of small convienences that u will notice about how you play the game when theres no restrictions vs being restricted on every aspect of the game...I can't play when my legendary runs out for the simple fact of having to delete half of my inventory slots going back to premium and losing 10 stacks of colas or exobits until I get legendary back lol. You can't run anything because you can't receive the marks and weekly boxes and stuff cuz you have no inventory space or bank to put stuff in. Go Legendary and RAGE out today!!!
  15. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

[IMG]
    You can't throw a Kryptonian bouncy ball in DCUO without hitting a Red Lantern right now! They were just pouring out of the nightclub! The villain side is looking good today!
    • Like x 2
  16. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Only 30 more minutes until update is finished on my PlayStation 4...

Anyone wanna give me a brief first impression while I wait lol
  17. Icotechnic New Player

geez...i feel like im trolling now, but if legends get the test server...dont u think thts enough..instead of giving em early access too.
  18. yuki amano New Player

curious is the new gear t5.5 or t6?
  19. SnakeEyes606 New Player

Its not T6 til the Wonder Woman dlc.....It is way better than Nexus and Paradox tho so it doesn't matter what T it is, its the best.
  20. Icotechnic New Player

wat is wonder woman dlc about?