The time has come...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by YesMyCirce, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YesMyCirce New Player

You know what guys?

It's time for DCUO 2. Really.

Imagine the HYPE.

Forget the hype.
    Imagine the face of Avengers when they hear about it.
    Better?

Forget the face of Avengers when they hear about it.
    Imagine Wolverine trying to cover his ears but he forgot about the claws. Ouch.
    Yes, now it's better.

Release Date:

1 April 2016 (nice date huh)

DCUO 2 (working title)

for
    XB1, PS4, PC (aka Master Race, no? )

with
    cross platform gaming (omg omg)

It doesn't even have to be free. I would pay just for Catwoman. I mean she is soo ughhh nevermind, that's for another thread.

Okay, it may not be realistic.

But hey. I just beat Wonder Woman (sorry, girl) by spamming Right Click Tap, Right Click Tap, Right Click Hold. With a broken mouse.
    Tell me about realism.

PS. I made a forum account just to say this. I could just say 'hey, i am new here, nice to meet you all' but nope. That's me. Also that would sound like we are back in January, 2011.

PS 2. With Tera, Neverwinter, Marvel heroes (boo :p ), new LOL content, new Dota content, new WoW content, HoTS, Hearthstone, hell, even with CS:GO, Rocket League, Destiny, Minecraft out there, and so many new videogames, of any kind, from moba to rpg and from horror to sport, that are coming, with a strong fanbase (Fallout 4 for example), we are losing people from here. How will we get them back? Read the second sentence of my Thread. Or just read the Catwoman sentence. That was a nice sentence too. What do you mean no? Yes, it was. Staaahp. Admit it. Meow.

PS 3. Admins should move the post to the appropriate forum category if this is not the place this thread should be.

By the way,

Hey, i am new here, nice to meet you all!
    Sorry.
    • Like x 3
  2. JSnaples Committed Player

No. If DCUO is dead now then why would anyone play a second game? Just fix this game instead.
    • Like x 9
  3. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

This rant is perfect for an anti drug campaign for kids....
    • Like x 8
  4. Pixel Battery Well-Known Player

I have less of an idea after reading your post after reading the title. If you people to like you idea, don't jump around so much. I saw Marvel in there a few times. It's DCuo (emphasis on the DC).

But the logic remains, fix the issues in this before even considering a DCUO2. Besides, with the Nexus of Reality, story lines can go wherever the devs want em to go.
    • Like x 1
  5. YesMyCirce New Player

Plot Twist:
    I work at a drug rehab center.
    • Like x 1
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

What they need to do is this...

All current content should be sold in one lovely package at $60. The game moves from the F2P model and goes to the B2P model. With this update they release a full blow expansion, that cost $30. This includes a new city area we have yet to explore or maybe we visit Aquaman underwater. A totally never seen area before. From there, they can continue with the monthly eposidies and members.

With the B2P model cash level for B2P non-sub members is increase to infinite.
    Sub members get 1,000 loyalty / MP points each month and raids are reset on Monday and Thursday for sub members.
    RB are removed from the game, making being a member worth it as you get all raids reset on Monday. :)

Now this model represent a true value to the premium crowd and to the sub crowd. Sub crowd get more MP and get raids reset for free on Monday. This model would bring about more subs and reduce the quickly CR level of players we see today.

The B2P model will ensure revenue for DCUO long term, as you have to buy that package to even play and at $60 we are getting quite a bit if you ask me.

In addition to all of this, each month new non-seaonal MP items are added (2-3 a month), which cost 1,000MP for the first month and over time they become appropriately priced.

The point/goal of this would be to improve the longevity of the game.

If they do keep the F2P model, make it stop at T1. This way, to play raids you are either B2P or sub up.

I would drop $60 for all current content. I would drop $30 for a full blow expansion. As for subbing, I would sub up again if they did this as I see value in free raid reset compared to getting RB now.
    • Like x 1
  7. JSnaples Committed Player

Um..DCUO is already dead so those ideas are gone. Why stop F2p at t1? If anything they need to make some t5 and t6 content f2p
    • Like x 2
  8. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Then print that out for them. That will scare the hell out of them and they will be clean in not time.
  9. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

NVM I forgot you were the origanl poster.
  10. ermike Committed Player

They would get maybe 1000 subscribers.. people are gone.. they are not comin back no matter what.. most my friends are cr114.. same as me. Not even interested to power level any more.. this approach is the only viable one left for dcuo and when fallout 4 hits.. gonna be bad
    • Like x 1
  11. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Unless DCUO closes down, there is no need to have or work on a second any time soon. They'd just be making a new product to compete with... themselves.
    • Like x 1
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

The amount of time it would take for a DCUO 2 would be a year or more of no new content. Also, right now we are on DCUO 15 so think of it like that :)
    • Like x 1
  13. YesMyCirce New Player

Just bad?
    DCUO will be the new Megaton. After the explosion.
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

DCUO has to do something.

I know a large group that left for Destiny and have not come back. I know a even larger group that has left for ESO and all have said DCUO is done for them unless they make it closer to what both those games have, which is a B2P model and unlimited in game cash/gold.

The other thing is Neverwinter and a few more MMO are coming and if DCUO does not find a way to keep players interested, they will lose more. The one thing it has that the other MMO do not have, it has the DC lore. They need to use that. It is also the only good super hero mmo currently, though I hear a City of Heroes Online 2 is comiing and if that hits console and PC, DCUO may take even a great hit to its already low population base.

Time to move away from F2P. It is what has killed this game. They need to move to a B2P model as it would be more profitable. They already said that most of the players do not even make it off the ship. That is because it is F2P. If a players buys the game, they are more opt to play it. Trust me, there have been some games I played just because I pay for it. DCUO and my member right now is a great example of that. I'm paying $15 a month, might as well get my entertainment value since I paid for it.
  15. Backseid Devoted Player

This thread gave me a headache.

But I would love a DCUO2. Updated with tech that allows for all the stuff we don't /can't have.

Leave this version as is now, make it all F2P for all I care, and let us migrate our toons over.

Never gonna happen, but sounds nice.

Btw, if they were to make a DCUO2, we would all hate it. They would change so many things, we wouldn't even recognize it.
  16. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

*enters thread*
    *reads thread*
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  17. ermike Committed Player

Bro.. look at the census.. their are only 17,000 characters with 125CR 77sp.. consider atleast half alts u lookin at about 8-9 thousand ppl. Increase that to 126CR and 150 SP.. 7000 characters.. half that is about 3500 people left.. thats on all servers.. its way too late bro.. the people just arent chasing the carrot anymore as there is no more carrot being dangled.
    • Like x 2
  18. Jak-Man Committed Player

Spytle already posted on this sort of thing. He clearly didn't give a damn about closing the game, when all we were doing was just brainstorming how the final fight would be like. His post really left a sour taste in my mouth.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ghostof91 New Player

I used to be hyped for a DCUO 2 but how this one has been managed for the years, I am not so impressed.
    • Like x 2
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

no... its only been out 5 years. they need to set the ps3 free . and eventually they will lighten the content it gets on the ps3. so in other words.. the pc and ps4 will get the most and best the game can offer. the ps3 can only handle so much more... no reason to make a dcuo 2. this is the First huge franchise console mmo that went across two generations of game systems.. so yes there are gonna be bumps... but look at world of warcraft. they totally revamped the graphics. and other things worlds. so much.. instead of making a WOW 2.

another reason i disagree.. we would have to start over... when they made Eq2 it was a totally different game.. eq1 stil has a large number of players suprisingly about the same as eq2 probobly . not sure though.

i think your looking at this at the PSN perspective only
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.