The time has come...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by YesMyCirce, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toshknight Loyal Player

Terra ROFLCopter worse mmo ever just had to put that out there
  2. Toshknight Loyal Player

idea 3. I HOPE YOU ARE NEVER EVER PUT INCHARGE OF DEVELOPMENT IDEAS
    • Like x 1
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

and still it has more player than this game.
    • Like x 4
  4. YesMyCirce New Player

Such a bad game that has only 3 million players lol
    • Like x 2
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Lol April next year. It's astonishing how little understanding so many have on the number of person hours it takes produce one DLC let alone a new game altogether...
    • Like x 3
  6. YesMyCirce New Player

You do realize that serious companies actually start their plans and actual making of a potential sequel from the time their game is released right? Nah. who i am kidding.

from 2011 to 2016, yeah not enough time... lel
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

No need for a dcuo 2. Dcuo is perfect has it is now.
    • Like x 1
  8. YesMyCirce New Player

Forget DCUO 2 if the whole sequel thing is the problem

Shut down this game for some months, a year and change EVERYTHING.

A Brand new DCUO. A total innovation.
    The only way to revive the dead.
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Dcuo is not dead, all they added in the past month is reviving it and more to come. No need to shut down anything.
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

There is not the slightest need to make a DCUO 2.
    One thing that would be a great revolution, but a great revolution it would change the unreal engine 3 for the unreal engine 4.
    This in itself would make a dramatic change!
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

For some sorts of games and movies certainly. For a MMORPG it's more about establishing revenue streams and adding in DLCs. I don't have a hard time believing that end-games and sequels get discussed or even broadly planned out. That said plan and execute are two totally different things.

For a game like this to get a nod to start on development for a sequel it would depend on how quickly a positive ROI was realized on the initial product. Given the dramatic switch from single purchase to FTP/sub model in the first year and a half it's safe to say that revenue was not on target or at least not within the predicted range. Additionally in some ways it's harder to justify a sequel to the decision makers once decent revenue streams have been established as a new product would in turn detract from the proven entity. Moreso given the revenue potential of expanding to the Xbox

Beyond that DBG (ne SOE) have not been exactly quiet about other products that are in development such EQN and H1Z1 so it's unlikely that it's being developed in secret. I would feel comfortable saying that from the time the public hears about it, there'd still be a minimum 2 year period before wide-spread launch and that's assuming a largely unchanged game model.

Regardless we seem to be of the same opinion which is that it's not coming next year.
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Im all for it IF, and this is a big IF we can transfer our toons we have now over to DCUO 2 otherwise naw, Im not starting all over in gear and SP'.
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

revert everything back before GU36 problem solved, leave in WM, bring back JC and ta-da.

watch the hordes of ppl come back.
    • Like x 1
  14. YesMyCirce New Player

Yes, that could work too.

I also agree with your IF.

But something must be done.
    • Like x 1
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

Worst idea EVER...

1. u cant just shut a mmo down... with peoeple Pre subbing months ahead
    2. They never do that, you have any idea how many people wouldnt come back
    3. once a mmo is shut down.. they usually dont do it to REDO them... they shut them down cause theyr really dead
    4. i cant believe u think this is a viable option
    • Like x 2
  16. Burnt New Player

I quit playing in February on my four year anniversary. I lurk these forums regularly in hopes that something may grab my intrest again but it's just the same old content rehashed over and over again. That said, if there were a DCUO 2 I'd probably sub and give it a go. This game is beyond repair. A new dev team with a fresh outlook would be a welcome treat.
    • Like x 2
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if DCUO is so dead as you stated on here several times yet you still are on the boards talking about it... and everyone i know on here and play with have almost exclusively been playing since launch or very slightly after. and to back that up this is the highest grossing SOE game that was in the purchase by daybreak so your uninformed statements have no merit.. try to be better informed in the future for your own well being
  18. YesMyCirce New Player

I know how you feel. Let's hope one day (soon) it will happen.
    I love this game too much. I even think about this game when i play the Marvel Diablo 2010something or how it is called
  19. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

As I said above!
    The game first need a graphical reformulated!
    After this something that I miss is the old stories of the streets!
    Those stories that made us to love this game early on, before you even reach level 30!
    I have to rethink about the need for new maps.
    Many ask new maps, but in reality we need and reuse the maps we have and that we only use the first few layers!
    It was fun missions where you had to go to the police station, fight the villains invade the base of the villain and defeat the boss!
    This should not have been forgotten and left alone for the missions before level 30!
    Content such as these, both soils, and in groups should be continued.
    This would have given life to cities and not today would see the empty cities and people asking for new maps!
    Outside imagine how it would be in PVP world?
    It would be fun and dynamic?
    Resume this might take a remodeled in the game and a new life!
  20. YesMyCirce New Player

Yes.
    I don't think, for now, new maps is something important.
    There are many other things that need to be done first
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.