The real reason behind SP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by drzdonn, Sep 15, 2014.

1. True Despair Well-Known Player

once again you are wrong. You call me ignorant but base a players skill by the amount of gear they have and how many treasure chests they have broken. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  2. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Some people just want to justify the hours they spent farming 25k exobytes for 50 feat points.
    • Like x 5
  3. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I thought the real reason behind SP was to act as a time sink and extend content further
    • Like x 8
  4. warpax New Player

ok here im gonna go and be ballsy with my statement.

SP does matter.

ppl say sp doesnt mean skill etc. maybe no, but here are my thoughts.

-when i see a guy that's 108 cr and under 100sp and that is their main character. all i see is greedy, rushy and lazy person. and i dont wanna play with such.
    -someone who has high SP 170/180+ certainly didnt get carried though everything cuz alot of the feats require solo skills. not only that, that person in 90% of cases knows all the raid mechanics, and will not be a dead weight in an instance. since the app is out and you can check the stats of players in group. i know for a fact that raid groups wich were formed based of SP requierment (not said in lfg, but still checked a player before inviting) did much better than the groups that were formed just based of CR requierment (wich also u couldnt check). i dont form groups, but i did join several groups that did that.

this is just my opinion on if SP matters and how does it affect skill of a player and his performance in certain scenario.
    I do no discrimanate on low sp players or low cr players
    • Like x 5
  5. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

I'm not entirely certain, having been an English Language major (and excelled at it, I might add) myself; that you know what the word correlation means. I am also quite certain that you have absolutely no idea what the point you yourself were attempting to make, so there is no way possible that you would have clue #1 as to the fact that my own point was that, in the simplest of terms; your post was invalid in nearly every conceivable way.
    As a follow up to my own posts:
    The comparison I put forth was between the two extremes of cases. 'Correlating' that in median terms, the resulting favorable example would be, of course; the bad DPS who is perfectly spec'd, modded, and geared.

And the catch 22 that I proffered was deliberate. It implied that the player in question would know better, and for the sake of the example comparison given; never actually exist.

So please; put away the dictionary, and all of your pretenses. You are sounding more and more inept at basic language skills with every post you reply with.

Seriously. Let it go. You're OP is wrong and everyone here knows it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Radiohead New Player

these examples are all true... however, I would rather take my chances with a player who has higher sp over one with low. The point the OP is trying to make is that statistically players with high sp tend to have more experience which can be translated into skill.. because other than running with said player there really is no other way for the community to gauge.
    • Like x 5
  7. Radiohead New Player

the best PVE healers I know in game are Beast @ pvp healing. TBH the best players I come across are all PVP heads
    • Like x 2
  8. HazeTA New Player

Got to agree, the best PVP players/leagues are always the first to finish PVE content on release. Paradox comes to mind here, the first leagues to finish Para and then go on to do EO later on were all PVP leagues. True of EUPS at least.
    • Like x 1
  9. Radiohead New Player

true on USPS as well.
    • Like x 1
  10. warpax New Player

funny u say this, cuz there is alot of ppl replaying raids farming the gear, wich they then not even mod properly. sitting in WT and just looking to do the end game raids, nothing else. gear is an overkill. SP can tell u much more about the player than CR can...just sayin.

+u dont need any of the "grind - rnd, tresure chests, solos, duos etc" to reach 150+ sp. if you play the content as intended you will get 80% of the dlc feats and if you do 1 pvp match a day ull get most of pvp feats.
    • Like x 4
  11. Tule New Player

Once again you are wrong. If you actually read the post you would realize that isn't being said AT ALL. But you refuse to actually listen to any point whatsoever.
    • Like x 4
  12. True Despair Well-Known Player

I really hope you're joking.
  13. Zerefu New Player

Me: *Invites guy to group*
    Me: Yo, are you a good player?
    PuG: Yes.
    Me: K
    20 minute Necro run lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Tule New Player

I really hope you're joking.
  15. DCUController New Player

its like I tell ppl on gamefaqs "unless you have played with, then you can judge how I play or my skills IN-game, so until then put a cork in it"

as ppl like to think they know everything about everything lol, but now with these new sites it will be even worse sadly as like Free said just b/c she/he has 73sp doesn't mean they aren't good at their role, just means their not maxed out in SP like some ppl are. Which tbh is fine, Im only 138sp and when I was a troller, which wasn't long ago BTW, I was able to keep scrubby/power spaming players 50% and up in power as a gadget troll in full 92 gear.
  16. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Find it rather funny.
    Making false statements.
    Going to make a tank alt and ask for a league mate to carry me through LvL3-T6. Transfer some skill points and bam instant good tank.
    Right? That is how it works right?.
    I have stressed this far too many times. Gear =/= Skill Skill points =/= Skill.
    • Like x 2
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The real reason behind SP is quite simple......

It is a "TimeSink".

Nothing more. Something to keep occupied the player who have wayyyyyyyyy too much time on their hands.

What is easier???

Making 1000 different Alerts???
    or
    Making a feat like "Run 1000 Alerts"???

So making a feat like running 1000 Alerts means that you only need to create a handful or two of Alerts.... and have the player run those Alerts over and over and over and over 1000 just to keep them busy.

That is the only REAL reason why SP exist in such a game.

It is something included to keep players who have wayyyyyyy too much free time busy until the next DLC comes out with just a handfull of missions.
    • Like x 6
  18. winter13 New Player

The best way to evaluate a player it to actually play with them...run an instance and see how they do
    • Like x 8
  19. Mad9 New Player

Personally, I do not call out a requirement in either CR or SP when forming a group. I do not judge a player before having actually played with him.

That being said, the preponderance of a player being better at his/her role increases when directly correlated to the SP he/she has accumulated. It shows that he is an experienced player. Even if you aren't that skilled, the experience and stats will probably make up for the deficiency. That's the assumption I would like to make in such a case.

It could be my biased opinion or it could seem like common sense.
    • Like x 3
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

no their isnt..
    • Like x 1