The real reason behind SP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by drzdonn, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Radiohead New Player

me too which is why I only have 1200 bits farmed and 15 toyman missions complete :D
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

the PoT troller will always have less power out dude...
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

No, I am saying that each DLC has feats attached to it, and many players take the time to grind for those feats during the 3-4 months the DLC is active; that is how players typically learn their roles. Newer players are skipping the older content to get to the latest DLC or going back and running the older content after they are over geared for it. Both of those methods lead to players not being challenged until the latest DLC, at which point most players do not have the patience to let them learn.

And I actually did go back and run tier 1, 2, and 3 content wearing the appropriate gear to get my style feats, but no, I do not expect everyone else to do the same. It did help me improve at my role(s), though. I recommend newer players do the same, but I also try to be patient with those who did not and teach them in the newest content if need be.
    • Like x 2
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Should have about double, but if the second troll closes the gap you know whos supplying most of it, if the second troll has only 30% then you know he slacking.. Then again with WM its changed a bit

I'm aware that the PC side has no arenas cause of too few people, and if they do its always the same 10 I guess lol
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

5/10 toyman dailys / 61 challeges / 150 duos /141 alerts but raids? Countless..
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Well.... yeah on the PC you pretty much make groups with whom you can.

Can't really be helped.

I will use the Legend side so that mostly I can test out new Legends and not have people lose marks by not winning the match because of me.

So you get whoever is willing to do matches.
    Haven't tried since Destiny went out. Not sure how the low population will impact this.
    Will probably to some matches soon if I decide to get Kyle Rayner and want to test him.

We shall see.
  7. ermike Committed Player

I have never been out dps by someone with so few sps. I mean there is 75 precision alone per wm tree u can open. So no, the player would not be as good with 50 sp as I would not be as good with 50 sp. I keep seeing these posts but never seen this in game. Only see 50 sp players getting slaughtered on scorecard.
    • Like x 4
  8. ermike Committed Player

This is true to a point. But the fact that u have the necro sf or the pick one feat or the prime feats back in the day did mean something. Same with dox and fos 2 sf. High sps mean they have those too which when forming a grouo id like to know. Everyone says or thinks they are a beast until they get doubled up. By asking for high sp players I am lowering the chance of a 108 dps getting doubled
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

How do you "know" that those players "slaughtered on scorecard" even have 50SP?? for all you know they all had 199SP.

Untill recently.... how could you know how many SP they had???

Also.... "slaughtered on scorecard"????

What does that really matter??? what matter is finishing the mission.

Do you get a special browny when you slaughtered everyone on the scorecard???

If you have 1 damage or 10 billion damage.... you do not get extra mark.... extra loot..... not even an extra broken component.

Heck.... when WM came out.... I was outDPSing most DPSes. I was more often then not at the top of the scorecard... or I was barely behind the top DPS...... with my Troll.

And my Troll did not have 190 SP.... heck at the time... he had around 118SP.

I am pretty sure that I did more or as much DPS then many DPS that most likely had more SP then me.

And did that even matter??? No. What matter is finishing the mission.

Being top DPS with my Troll never game me extra browny points. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. ermike Committed Player

It does matter when half the community complains about how long everything takes. Crap dps makes stuff get nerfed. The fact that u say u out dps people as a troll just strengthens my claim that dps need to be checked before going in. Once again.. I have never seen a troll out dps a dps but if that happened and you completed the raid does that mean that was a good run. Hell no. Dps is a competitive role, the only one where u can directly measure how u r doing. If u are losing to a troll.. delete ur toon lol
    • Like x 3
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

For all we know.... it meant the player was carried by the rest of the group. Some are..... really bad players.... but they have "supposedly" high SP and they have high CR. But sadly after doing one mission with them.... you have no choice but think that they were carried by their League.
    No other way to explain it sometimes.

That is the main problem with a game where you need to play as a group.

Everyone in the group thinks they are the best player in the world.
    But the sad truth is that there are some that are not as good.

When you are alone doing a mission.... right there and then.... you can raise your chin and be proud... it was your skill alone that got you through.... and your gear. ;)

But as soon as one more person is added...... for all we know the other person did everything and you were just along for the ride.

It gets even worse with 4 players..... and even more with 8 players.

Just not long ago I had this DPS with similar gear and more SP then me whom I pretty much ended up carrying.

Sadly I could not keep him alive even with Event Horizon and supply drop. Heck more then once he rolled out of my supply drop only to go 20 feet away and activate HIS supply drop.
    Raising him.... he would often fall right back..... so I quickly gave up on raising him.

So I did most of the mission and the bosses by myself while he was taking a floornap (floornap copyright of Mepps ;) ).

If he had not ragequit.... by the end of the mission... he would have had all the same feat as me. The same marks..... and the same rewards (more or less).

But I would have done most of the heavy lifting and he would pretty much have been only a tourist.

How can you tell if your 199SP buddy REALLY earned his 199SP??
    You can't.

You have to do a mission with him.... and THEN you know.
    • Like x 2
  12. ermike Committed Player

its not about knowing. . Its about risk reduction. Can a 106 73 sp dps do ok in necro. . Sure. But I am putting my money on the 108 184 sp dps. There is a chance I am wrong. I mean thats what vegas does. They play the odds. They dont always win.. but in the end vegas usually ends up making the best call.
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That was when WM just came out.
    Now that we have the Max Damage mod..... much harder for my Troll to keep up with some DPSes.

Heck one time this guy did like 10X my damage.

If not for the billion power out..... I would have had an inferiority complex. ;)

I find it hard to believe that you never saw that.
    That it "never" happened??
    It happened frequently enough that there is no way that I was the only one doing so.
    Others were surely doing so too.... you just may not have noticed.

As for the complaints at how long everything takes..... I will never get it.

Do people really want to be done with an Alert in in 2 minutes??? or better a minute and a half??

There is this one guy in our League who does complain when he thinks that it takes too long to do a mission.

The mission goes fine.... no one dies..... all goes well..... but JohnnyCoD complains it takes "too long"??

Makes no sense.

But again I guess it goes with people who are used to play with an overgeared player. Sure if you do a T3 misions with a group where most players are T6..... of course it will be quick.

But then when I see people complain that to takes "too long" to do the same mission with a full T3 team.... I have to educate them and explain NOT to expect the mission to go as quick as if people were wearing T6 gear when everyone is wearing T3 gear.

But some people seem a bit too used to run with overgeared players that they fail to realise they cannot have the same expectations when the group is NOT overgeared.

Makes no sense.

People should just play the game and worry less about finishing every missions in less then 2 minutes.
  14. ermike Committed Player

I only run with league or friends from old leagues so no I have never seen a dps even close to a troll. But I can imagine that it happens when pugging.
    • Like x 2
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I though knowing was half the battle??? :(

Come on. If Rain Man can beat Vega.... what do they even know. ;)

Okay enough goofing around.

Now that we have the almighty census..... I am curious to see what will happen.

Now when we end up carrying another guy.... we will be able to look at his SP and SEE is the bad player has 50SP.... or 190SP. If he has 100 CR or 108CR.

Guess we will have to wait and see.
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

See.... right there that is part of the issue.

The reality is MUCH different if you play with Friends/League only and if you PUG.

Heck depending on which server you play on... that is also quite different.

A Hero on PS3 will have a complete different experience then a Villain on EUPC.

So what might seem true in one reality.... is not even close to be true in another reality.

Sometimes it can be like people are playing a completely different game... even if they all play DCUO.

But since you never PUG.... pretty much make all this discussion pointless.

Will call it a day and move on.

Have a good day. ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

What if i told you..... it is possible..... for a user who created a character, ranked that character up, got feats, and has good sense of the game..... stopped playing and that user's relative began to use the character with no sense of the gameplay.

(A good user potentially can be replaced with a bad user at any given moment. friend, room mate, brother, sister, mom, dad, cousin, etc. IMHO, i think this potential is greater on a console. :oops: )

Good luck with evaluating a user from character stats! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The only reason I care about SP is because it shows dedication. It is certainly not an indication of skill, but rather a good indicator of how much time and effort was put into the game.

If I'm shouting for Lockdown and I see 2 guys shouting, one at 108 CR and 100 SP and one at 104 CR and 150 SP, I take the guy with 150 SP every time.

Of course I've seen players with 100 SP perform better than those with higher SP, but without seeing it beforehand I'm always going to take the guy that cares more about his toon.
    • Like x 1
  19. HardlineHero Committed Player

SP are like dreams. Sometimes they mean everything and sometimes they mean nothing.
  20. True Despair Well-Known Player

Heres a little scenario for you. I log onto my brothers account on my PS4, and i make a random smurf for a role i abhor playing (controller) i then have one of my league mates carry me up to T6, i buy all the skill points i can and spec into everything. Now im a good player right? My gear and SP say im a good player according to you and the original posters logic. Even though i rarely played troll and hate that role with a passion.

You read the entire post. Good for you. So did i and yet the conclusions we came up with were completely different. why? simple we have different mindsets when playing. If i were to make a tank i could tank OP4 and Nercopolis with 75 sp because i know how to tank. I understand the mechanics of the raid, and most importantly im familiar with my power. You think just like the other bad players in this game that have turned it into utter ****.