The real reason behind SP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by drzdonn, Sep 15, 2014.

1. DCUController New Player

yea I know is why after getting to 138.3sp I finally broke down and joined a league lmao

need that 150 + SP lmao

sad thing is most feats/SP come from PvP I've noticed and Im not big on PvP
  2. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

I'm with you on most of your writings, but the 50SP thing is not so true imo.
    When i run instances with my support roles and a dps is just doing 1.5x of the damage my healer or tank does i would love them to have at least 79 so they could have all 4 wm-combos and the last tier inates for their role on all three powers.

but the really funny thing about this cr and sp thingy is that people tend to shout for so long to get their "perfect" groups.
    "need cr 100+ for a&b no ... good group"
    in the meantime i joined a group without those standards and finished the thing and when i am back at the watchtower i see the same guy shouting for "need (insert role) cr 100+ for a&b no ... good group 7/8 lssssssssssssss".
    the above just as an example
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

You want to be careful if you're making assumptions on SP based on damage. I recently played with a pretty bad T6 dps, he did lots of weapon attacks but no WM. I looked him up, was he one of the rare 30 SP T6 players? Nope, he had over 110 SP. He said he "hasn't had time to look into WM yet." So my cr 97 80 SP alt was beating his CR 105 110 SP main at dps. I'm not even that good at dps.
  4. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

5. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

true, that happens from time to time too.
    but it shouldn't happen very often...
    i don't like that cr and sp elitism, but what you discribed happens pretty often - may it be because of low sp, lazyness or lack of skill (i don't even know if it is skill).
    but i would love to run with players that at least have one melee and one range wm-combo that hit the time-window for crits or reduced powercost every now and then.
    so that starts with 44sp on some weapons...
    • Like x 1
  6. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

don't pug, i know... :confused:
  7. Sbel Devoted Player

Talking to yourself. That's a bad sign. ;)
  8. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

:D
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You are either with me or against me!!!

...... guess you are with me. ;)

But more seriously....

50SP is more then enough.
    You can have a WM combo or TWO... and you can have the various stun resist and other stuff like that.

I have a couple of friends who have around 50-54SP.
    They are not the greatest players ever.... but they do just fine with those SP.

Having access to WM did make things easier..... and just having TWO WM was more then enough.
    Sure 4 would be better.... but that would just be gravy on top at this point.

So if my friends who are NOT great players can do fine with 50SP..... a great player will still do great with 50SP.

And yeah... I see the same shouts for UBER groups... and I have to shake my head at them.

My friends are not the greatest players ever.... but when we reached T5 content.... we could still manage to 3 man Trigon instead of waiting to try and get a 4th guy.

If not for the lack of teleporters... we would 3 man a lot more missions when we are missing a 4th friend....... and that is with very average players with barely 50SP each.

I have to think that those asking for those high requirements really want to be carried.... because more often then not.... those high requirements are really NOT needed.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tule New Player

You need 20 points to grant a weapon master. 1 to unlock it. 1 to spec into the move. 22 sp. So 50 SP will get you TWO at most, and then you will only be spec'd into those two trees. Leaving like 10 other trees FULL of stats not unlocked. Sure, a few sp won't matter, but 100? You know how many +25 might/prec that unlocks? How many +3% crits chance/damage that unlocks? Sorry, but 50 SP is not enough to live up to the potential of any job. Its a good starting place though. You shouldn't hide in your room just because you have 50 sp, but you sure should try to get more.
    • Like x 2
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Talking to yourself is fine. It's when you argue with yourself and lose that you need to start worrying. :eek:

:D
    • Like x 3
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

A toon's potential strength might be able to be measured by CR and skill point totals, that's all. Regardless of the numbers you still need to actually run content with a person to see if they are the master or novice you speak of in your example.
    • Like x 1
  13. drzdonn Well-Known Player

Be careful not to mix a toon's strength with a players skill... A toon's strength is finite and directly related to their stats, no matter how skilled the player, a toon that is only T3 will never be as good as a toon that is T5. If we give you for example, a full T3 toon, (ignoring cr requirements) and through you into A&B, as any role. Then give you a full T5 toon, which toon will do better? The answer is obvious.

When it comes to a player's skill, my point was NOT that there is a DEFINITIVE link to a toon's skill and cr/sp. My point was that players with higher skill will, if they continue to play the game to the best of their abilities, end up with a toon that has high cr/sp. The game is designed like this, which is why it is safe to assume that the toon's with the highest cr/sp are being used by higher skilled players ON AVERAGE, not always.
  14. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

;)
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You kind of have to. A character can't play itself, especially with no auto-attack function in this game. That's why you can't rely on CR or skill point totals as any kind of indicator. That human variable can and will throw every assumption a person might have out the window.

But it's not a guarantee.
    • Like x 2