The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Another rare all-G.L. group
    [IMG]

Zealot...you know...but male
    [IMG]

Fahrenheit...you know...but male
    [IMG]

Painful to look at in this case, but still hilarious
    [IMG]

Hellstrike again
    [IMG]

Question
    [IMG]

Inque...you know...but male
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Medphyll (or someone else from J586 considering this one has 2 eyes)
    [IMG]

and a third attempt at Hellstrike
    [IMG]

Your rare all-G.L. group
    [IMG]

Armor, because real armor saves battery power
    [IMG]

A VERY pathetic attempt at Helspont. lol
    [IMG]

Lucifer Morningstar
    [IMG]

A being made entirely of water needs an hydration suit
    [IMG]

Darkclaw
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Sandman
    [IMG]

Elijah Snow
    [IMG]

Backlash
    [IMG]

Mister Majestic
    [IMG]

The Doctor
    [IMG]

Crab people crab people
    [IMG]

Battle Beast
    [IMG]

Episode 1 Scene 2 of Batman Beyond
    [IMG]

Alan Scott
    [IMG]

Plastic Man
    [IMG]

My first attempt at Grifter I assume?
    [IMG]

Maltusian Caveman
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Phoenix Lantern
    [IMG]

Still funny
    [IMG]

Negative Man
    [IMG]

A Martian Manhunter
    [IMG]

Don't ask why that cowboy lantern is wearing wingtips, I have no idea. lol
    [IMG]

Bird-Lantern
    [IMG]

Why did I not transfer my ring to my other hand?
    [IMG]

Grifter
    [IMG]

Not as funny as holding a weapon incorrectly, but still funny
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Man, those black latex costumes make the most annoying noise when you move
    [IMG]

I have absolutely no idea where I was going with that. lol
    [IMG]

Skeletor
    [IMG]

Another attempt at Majestic
    [IMG]

Construct armor
    [IMG]

Still have no idea where I was going with that, but since Rogue is in this one
    [IMG]

Finally, my first and only attempt at Blue Beetle
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

And I'll stop here before one of you reports me for spamming. :)
  7. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

From the Journal of Bruce Wayne:

Wouldn't ya know it?!?

Robin's been away at college for ajust a few months, and that Extradimensional pe-er, imp, Bat-Mite, had decided that he could fill the Boy Wonders shoes! Well, no sooner is Robin back from Thanksgiving weekend, than we get a call on the Hot-Line and the Bat-signal appears in the sky.

I had just finished re-fitting the Bat-Costume Auto=Change mechanism. And while I was in the midst of redesigning Robin's uniform, It wouldn't be ready until Christmas! Well, It seems Bat-Mite decided to add some creative input on his own...I didn't realize it at first until I realized Robin hadn't made it three steps towards the Batmobile and yelled in a way that made Alfred drop his tea-service tray. Although, It might have been more from the shock of Seeing Robin's uniform!

I Honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry! There was Dick His skin (what you could see of it) was covered in a greenish makeup. His Cape and over-shorts were Purple. His Tunic was replaced by a pastel purple/grey t-shirt with a stylized M on it. He had on a Dark purple copy of my own Cowl and bright pink Gloves and shoes.. The overall effect was both horrendous and hilarious!
    [IMG]Bat-Mite?!? by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

Some things you just can't make up!
    • Like x 1
  8. Jensu Well-Known Player

for that Arctic look, what chest piece is that
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Me too.it's only a hand full of you who seems to be successful in drawing out peoples.I think mabye I have lost my spark somewhere,not sure if peoples are just tired of my styles or tired of styles in general though,I struggle quiet a lot to be able to make a style that I haven't done before now.Mabye it's just what it is after 9 years of the same thing hehe
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Try not to post just to post, if that makes sense. These days I just post whenever I get in the mood and inspiration hits for a new, updated look I haven't already posted fifty times, makes it more fun for me to post something. It's not like this thread has a deadline, either. :p

I post less than before but enjoy it a lot more now, whenever I get to it.
    • Like x 3
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

Gorgon slayer
  12. Kuno Loyal Player

Gorgeous!
    Loving these styles. And the settings? Are you playing in PS4? I play on max spec pc beast and I dont get my characters to look that HD. Are your purple character nails colored? My characters have white nails and cant change it :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, like, how's everyone getting that Chinese Kung-Fu inspired Chest Style all of a sudden? :confused:
  14. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

My Lantern styles :) Did some updates to some of them!
    • Like x 4
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Nothing sudden about it, it's a very old style.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I used to be a regular costume poster here, so I'll just put in my two cents as to why I don't participate anymore tbh.
    1. I detest the way most styles are obtained these days. Every new or good looking cosmetic is obtained through a time capsule or the broker, nothing else. Even seasonal styles have become something that looks like rushed out crap tbh.
    2. I don't get involved with the game that much anymore. I don't know about anybody else, but I like using my alt characters for different styled costumes. But the problem is, it's an annoying pain to get up and keep up with my alts and therefore harder to obtain styles. I keep thinking "maybe i'll get my alt up and get them some styles" but then I remember... Tier 7 is split up and uber annoying to grind through.
    3. There's not that much new styles as it is. Let's face it, most of the newer style pieces aren't really being used unless we Materialize them. I can't remember one style piece being used that much or displayed that much since the Valentines Wings back in Feb of last year tbh.
    4. They just don't update style unlocking anymore.. even less reason for me to post in this thread.
    I used to be engaged in this thread and with the game; but I've rarely played the game for more than a few minutes. It's just got that "Yeah this isn't for me anymore vibe."
    That's not to say I'm done with style posting or DCUO entirely, it's just I don't do it as often anymore.
    Anyways, I'll cut my reply short as I don't want this thread to be turned into a debate/rant in the game. This thread is still a hidden gem, even if there's not that many people posting here anymore.
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

Patrolling Gotham City with my friend & League mate Kate :)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Perdition Committed Player

Nice one! i like how the material is being used in this one.
    • Like x 1
  19. Perdition Committed Player

As a massive Witcher fan myself i love this one! Great job. Can you remember the color pallet by any chance?
    • Like x 1
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Thanks :) Sadly I rarely remember my color pallets,I just do them by head and mind.