The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Looks like my character picture expired great
  2. Dragon4ider New Player

Could anyone help me out on something? I am trying to make a sort of villain who is a kind of fire mage that worships trigon, been trying to do like a cross between this outfit https://www.andrewcremeans.com/word...2/FireMage_Fire_Uncommon_Human_Male_Color.jpg and a sort of tights look kind of like the blood priests or brother blood's outfit if that makes any sense, any suggestions or help would be appreciated
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just starting with the hood, you've got plenty of options. There's more than a few that both show and hide the face, plus there's the Krampus hood available during the holiday seasonal event that has horns attached. There's even a Brother Blood-style head piece that's basically a hooded skull (can look really cool with some of the Chroma materials).

If you aren't going to go with robes and might stick to tights, you'll want to go with something on your back, either a cape or maybe some of the darker backpieces (Coveted back from one of the Gotham Wastelands collections would be an option). Think delusions of grandeur. LOL

After that, it might depend on whether your character is male or female. There are more than a few mystical-themed pieces that could fit into spandex looks, but some pieces can look different depending on the character gender. So there might be some trial and error in finding what works. Maybe look at some of the Runes styles, as they have a lot of glowing parts on them. At least one of them is on the Rare Style vendor in the HQs, so previewing them there is an option.
  4. Dragon4ider New Player

My character is a male but yeah, currently he has the business and formal attire sans the hat but i wanted to go with a look that shows he worships trigon and serves circe and such but still look unique if im making sense?
  5. Dragon4ider New Player

also what tights would you suggest?
  6. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

My Phoenix ^^
    • Like x 4
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Sorry for the late answer.I did try the hex for red royal chroma yes.The closest I came was 3A0000
    • Like x 1
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Tweaked my 1990 flash style some more.I think it's the closest I get for now until we get some more style options
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, had to go through styles to double check names. LOL

Starting/Character Creation styles:
    • Arcane
    • Battle Mage
    • Mystic Energy
    • Flames (you did say Fire as the power, right? LOL)
    Vendor styles:
    • Bewitching Battlesuit
    • Blood Cursed (Villain, Sons of Trigon content)
    • Fate's Faith (Hero, Watchtower, also available as random drops in Promethium Lockboxes)
    • Runes of the Norsemen (Hero and Villain, Rare Style Vendor in HQ Vendor 22)
    Drops/Rewards
    • Necromancer
    • Corrupted (Villain, Sons of Trigon)
    Bewitching Battlesuit either comes from Amazon Fury 1 or 2 (can never remember which episode it's tied to), and Corrupted is a reward from fighting certain sons of Trigon in the duos (it's slightly complicated lol).

Just as a fair warning, though, the Runes of the Norsemen style costs 70 Source Marks per piece off of the Rare Style vendor.
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Much obliged, brother. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. DeathTron Level 30

Hey nice outfits where do you get those tubes on your back?
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

They were available with the Anniversary event. You will have to wait to next year.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So years ago, the first MMO I played was Star Wars Galaxies. By the time the game shut down, my first character had ended up being a Jedi and this was probably my favorite outfit to use for him. I figured it'd be a good way for a Jedi to blend in (at least until he pulled out the glowbat lol).

[IMG]

Fast forward to the Light power being introduced to DCUO. I saw a lot of similarities between Jedi and Lanterns (signature part of their respective universes, a bit on the powerful side) so I used the same name as my Jedi character and made my Light character.

Thanks to the Gotham Outlaw jacket, I was able to do a bit of a throwback.

[IMG]

It's not perfect, but it'll do. May the Force be with you all. :D
    • Like x 3
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi guys,
    Here is a Hawk and Dove video. ;) ;)
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

After Awsome's Michigan-themed character spread, I got inspired to represent the college I attended. Meet the NorthernWildkat. :D

[IMG]

Those are Northern Michigan University's colors (more or less lol) and I went with a "K" in the name because you never know if the game will get fussy with Wildcat being a JSA member. And seeing as how NMU is in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, I went with Ice for her power.

Still taking her through the leveling missions, so her costume choices are a little limited yet. The main challenge I'm having is footwear, and whether or not to use something (Demonic feet in all white for icy boots right now) or just go barefoot.
  17. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Nice! Very Kyle Katarn
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Maybe the hair and facial hair. LOL Kyle always seemed to use a lot of tans and browns in his outfits whenever depicted in the games.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The final look for my character always felt like a "casual Han Solo" look to me. The jacket is a grey version of his Bespin jacket, the shirt underneath seems more like a t-shirt than anything else and the pants had a slightly faded denim look to them.
  19. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Divine Spawn

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

is primeval or phantom zone reaver better for hands? I tried main man but it didn't seem to fit the bill
    • Like x 4
  20. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

my newbatsuit
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3