The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRecon New Player

I think all of us gadgeteers feel the same.. Emp is a long caste time so that equals out in my book. just can't get the combos off on PC test. I am using a ps4 controller tho.
  2. Wheelchair Jimmy New Player

hey guys have any of you trolled with 1handed? i was going to buy the 94 item lv one but i dont have the marks yet but anyways is it worth trolling with? the hold triangle2x attack
  3. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Any weapon is viable. Keep in mind the 1h wm is real fast so you might want to skip one then defib the team
  4. Wheelchair Jimmy New Player

thx bro i currently use brawling or the bow depending on fast ppl are spamming power i was looking to see if anyone else uses 1handed to troll
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

I've controlled with 1H before WM to melee control. Do you mean melee or range? With melee, 1H's Flurry is good for regen but melee controlling is whole other approach. It's fun and you have to watch out for attack and utilize shields.

I'm going to assume you're talking about ranging though. 1H has access to solar flame mastery. That's a quick hit (2 seconds) and does good damage if you're after that. But it's slow on regen.

For weapon regen, the other combo is into pulse beam. Which I honestly haven't tried. If I remember right I think it's one of those combos where you hit and register numbers on the combo meter at melee on targets and then range numbers. Staff is like that. I didn't find staff very reliable for regen because of that.

Might be different with 1H's melee hits (if it's like 2 or 3 hits it's ok) then pulse beam should build your combo meter.

He's more info if you want to get into timing and hits for regen for power. Otherwise, make your pick.

1H Weapon Combo tier 1 is 0 to 9 hits, t2 is 10 to 24 hits, t3 is 25 to 49hits, t4 is 50+ hits

1H into pulse beam is 4.9 seconds. has really high damage potential. but if you use this and you team uses alot of power don't forget to hit Defib after each combo.

1H into solar flame mastery is 2.2 seconds. with decent damage compared to pulse beam. Here you can do what d3vi1 said and hit defib every other solar flame. obviously hit it more often if the team needs powers. because regen isn't as great with this combo, be sure to pop soders and/or cycle vit trinkets if you have power healing problems.

oops. here's a link i use to look at the timing on some of the weapon combos.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...o-weapon-mastery-edition.210326/#post-2643324
  6. Wheelchair Jimmy New Player

thx again bro im really just trying different weapons ive spec'd my troll vit and precision and im usually not the pot troll so it gives me room to play with other weapons
  7. Wheelchair Jimmy New Player

and yes i was talking about the ranged 1handed attacks
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea I spec the same way. Just keep mind that a good controller is always mindful of his/her own regen so you aren't always among the 3 least powered for defibs/recharges.
    But you can definitely play around with alot of weapons post weapon mastery release as a controller so you should be fine anyway. Unless you just have one of those kinds of groups.
  9. Wheelchair Jimmy New Player

yea i still keep the group powered and when i get in power hungry groups i just switch to brawling but i think im going to buy a 1handed weapon it seems like it would be cool to use
  10. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

One thing to keep in mind is if you're with a group that doesn't really spam power. It makes you more flexible. That's when you're able to use longer combos or even get creative. From my experience, I don't often come across a team that spams a lot of power (In addition, some of these power have power back mechanics), that's something you should keep an eye out.
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea.
    I know fire has a power back mechanic and BD has made me into a controller's best friend when I dps. Kind of wish they added that feature like 2 years ago.
    • Like x 3
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Couldn't have said it better myself. It annoys me substantially when the tank like to continually pull the adds from spot or constantly burst them out and away. This slow down the gadgets am by quite a bit and can quite frankly make you look bad in some case scenarios.

However, in spite of this the gadgets dps is still very viable but far from OP. The devs actually did a great job with balancing this AM in my opinion.
  13. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Yeah. It's more risk more rewards. Except I'm hating to be stuck in bad scenarios where because of a certain strat, doesn't make it any better, it puts it where theres a lot of risk with no rewards.
  14. junglejim New Player

I always use 1h i always play melee with it too. The pulse beam combo registers the 11 or 12 hits for the sweet spot if you clip for w.m. using gauss clipped with defib the whole combo can hit 20k damage if you get lucky with the crits. I mod vit prec too. At range if i need to stay away i sometimes use comboing teamates to body block the flip slash part and land pulse beam from behind them for about 7 hits. I do damage ***** though . In league runs if been known to pop drone pot then trink supply and pulse beam bosses running the counter up into the 80s . Not with pugs though they'd be outraged and kick me. Its not efficient trolling but if powers not an issue have fun no need to stand spaming range to defib

Atm you can play melee everywhere but l.d and dox safely. The regen is generally fine in really power hungry groups id just switch to brawling if i felt it was needed. I use 1h just because its my favourite melee . Anys viable but pulse beam is ridiculous for single target damage in boss fights and with t6 health pools every bit more you can squeeze out helps
    • Like x 1
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Has anyone tried using the OMAC Nanite Circuity Trinket in an EMP rotation? Upon activation, it is giving me a 1500 Health Boost and it says it gives a 5% crit chance boost. I'm still trying to verify whether the crit chance boost is true or not. The stat boosts last for 30 seconds and then the trinket goes on a 75 second cooldown. There is a brief pause going from OMAC form to regular form, but it isn't too bad. You do have to be careful about activating it though or you can clip yourself out of activating the form change. You don't receive the stat boosts if you do that.

Having 11k base health is rather handy when you're running a mid-range loadout. If the 5% crit chance boost is true, that would help increase damage output a little bit.
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was testing some Gadgets powers out in GU 41 scrimmages today. Here is a brief summary of my findings:
    -Decoy only lasts for ~7 seconds.
    -Pets are almost worthless. They do little damage and die easily.
    -You don't get enough power back from 3x PI->EMP to do more than 2 rotations with the base stats.
    -At 1744 Vit, Battle Drone was giving me ticks of 27 power back. The big tick was 285 power back. Word of Power gave me back a few ticks of 274 power.
    -EMP->Distract was producing about 4500-5000 damage per hit. 3x PI->EMP was doing 5500-6000. The odd thing about EMP->Distract is that I was getting a second tick for ~750 damage. So it would be 750 + 4594.
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

OMAC Trinket sounds neat. I have one right in my inventory so I'll start using it. I'll definitely try it out in lockdown and SM when it launches.

The 5% crit boost is something I'd like to hear more feedback on. I edited this part of the post. Other than the bonus in health, the 5% crit weapon attack chance is something for desirable for a WM Gadget DPS or a Gadget DPS who is using WM for 30 seconds. But even then, WM crit boost guarantees a crit anyway.

While you're at that, if you also run with a Sorcery DPS, a Sorcerer's Soul Well will boost your crit ability (power) chance by 3%. You have to be near it. So that's a crit chance buff to get you closer to those 10k to 20k+ crits.

Experiment and show folks it's Gadgets player brain power that is OP and not our naked attacks.
    • Like x 2
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

This is how Soul Well will work if you're looking for 3% crit ability attack chance for EMP/PDart and you're with another Sorcery.

The 3% buff doesn't stack but a sorc guy placing soul wells to cover a large area, or just placing them as you move down a hallway, will get you the boost if you're inrange of the Soul Well.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

As far as the OMAC Nanite Circuit Trinket is concerned, it does help with survivability. 11k Health/7k Defense is right around where you need to be to survive several of the HoP raid boss attacks. In that regard, you can get closer to the bosses when you have the trinket active. That should allow you to land more EMP attacks.

The crit chance buff is slightly more subtle. I keep measuring my base crit chance (with all the innates) around 28%. When I have the trinket active, I usually see my crit chance percentages in the low to mid 30% range*. You're not going to see a gigantic improvement in your one-minute rotation numbers with that kind of boost. However, you should see increased damage over the course of a raid. The general idea is that you want to maximize your odds of landing a crit with EMP/Dart.

The OMAC trinket seems to work well in a rotation with the Prec/Might trinket. Start with the OMAC trinket, wait for it to end, and then use the Prec/Might trinket. If your timing is right, the Prec/Might trinket should be available to use again just as your second use of the OMAC trinket ends.

*I'm doing all of my crit chance testing by performing several hundred attacks on a sparring target and have a combat log analyzer tell me how many attacks were crits. Obviously takes a lot longer to test the OMAC trinket numbers. This would be a lot easier if the game told us our crit percentages.

EDIT: This is just an example of what you might see using the OMAC trinket:
    I ran several 30-second tests using Sticky Bomb. Without using the trinket, I was averaging around 14.2k damage. Using the trinket, I was averaging around 15k damage.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

OK then gadgets is the best DPS power, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.