The General rating and thoughts on DLC Amazon 1

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Jul 27, 2014.

1. winter13 New Player

I think Af1 was one of the better DLCs in quite some time. The only issue was there wasn't at least one raid. They will be changing that going forward though.
  2. Ch3wtobacco New Player

for the alerts and duos..extremely boring..overhit pointed adds and bosses made it just a grind to play...the similarities of the maps just made it even MORE boring...

I do recommend doing the TD T6 alert at 2:00 am if you happen to suffer from insomnia... better than any tranquilizer

3/10 only for GUS missions
    • Like x 1
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I'm still cleanign up older DLC for feats...I will get there one day...what I have played of it...the Alert seems a bit too long if you ask me...They could have cut down on it a bit...That is my only grip with that DLC...
  4. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

Does that mean after OC it just slowly went downhill?
  5. rival exe New Player

Yes.
  6. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

It looks great, but the content is boring. I refuse to run the alert anymore. It has the best open world missions to date.
    • Like x 2
  7. Errorcode1058 New Player

I prefer SOE maintenance and DCUO server downtime over running this dlc's content. Good thing I get PLENTY of that.
    • Like x 2
  8. Ice Clown New Player

i like the looks of themyscira, but thats all.

This DLC grinding was so freaking easy and boring. Got bored in like 1 week. I mean you shouldnt give a boss like 1million Health when they do like 1k DMG. That just makes the DLC pure button smashing for like 30min. Each bosses in DLC should have special fighting mechanics and not just using weapons to bb/interrupt/block, making bosses fight like players is just straight up lazy.

Also it was very low on contents, i mean 5 solos, 2duos, 1 alert? if WM was kept just for this DLC it would be kinda worth it, but then it would become pay2win. No new power/raids/mechanics.

and OFC the same old re-use stuff for like 80% of the DLC. For example, hero's fighting Circe as last boss of this DLC kinda reminded me of son of trigon DLC. Same goes with the villains fighting Wonder Woman.

I give this DLC a 2/10. AF1 is currently the worst DLC i ever played. I even find last laugh was more worth of a DLC IMO, because I had more fun playing and lasting on that DLC much more longer than AF1.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I have very little problems with the last fight for WW. When I was on test, I thought it was damn hard.
  10. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

A lot of people are complaining on lack of raid, yet easily half of the dlcs don't have raids. I don't get it. I really enjoyed this one. I would rate the dlcs in this order.

sons of Trigon
    fight for the Light
    Last laugh
    Home turf
    Hands of fate
    Amazon fury
    battle for earth
    Origin Crisis
    lightning Strikes
    War of Light or hell on ps3 as I like to call it.
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Its better then Sons of Trigon...thats pretty much all it has going for it.

Visually it's good, but in terms of enjoyment I didn't get much at all. It's the type of content that only works if there is something you're working for. For example, I ran duos/solos/alerts in T1-5 to get geared for the raids, but there was no raid to get geared for in this tier and all the content was completed on day 1 in whatever we had, so it wasn't necessary to get geared for months, let alone mod that gear.

The content was monotonous and boring. There are zero interesting mechanics throughout the entirety of the DLC and it's boring because of it. Each boss is tank and spank, every instance can be done without a healer or tank, there are no interesting NPCs, etc. Coming off of a weak DLC in WoTL 1, we needed something more. I'm hoping HoP is awesome.
  12. Amazon Committed Player

I think wonder woman and Circe are both excellent characters , and come with extremely talented voice actors, and are some of my favorite DC characters

I LOVED amazon fury, for a number of reasons, easily one of the better looking DLC’s, and did a LOT of things right, however, I will acknowledge that it did have a number of flaws, which, are the fault of the development, and not the characters themselves.

What it did right!
    · The first to introduce a WHOLE new range of enemies, not just re-hashed or re-skinned humanoids or robots… but things like the phoenix, harpies, satyrs etc etc. the design of all of these mythological creatures and their animations were superb, and it felt FRESH!
    · The Gotham under siege missions were much more varied and exciting than the normal solo open world missions, it actually felt like a lot of thought went into it, easily the best so far.
    · The iconic duos were great and head and shoulders above the OC ones.
    · It also had structured content to ensure you played the DLC in order to experience the storyline which was a good change, it felt much more connected, and the storyline more cohesive.
    · The voice acting was top notch as always, Michelle Forbes and Susan do such great jobs, and Beth Broderick was a good addition as Hippolyta.
    · The level design was great, despite being overused, Themyscira was beautiful.
    · The new styles, hairstyles and enemies were beautifully rendered.
    · There were also some interesting mechanics to each of the boss fights rather than just tank and spank, and the ability to choose sub bosses was also cool.
    · The new styles were great. ( but a bit samey- see below)

What it lacked

· This was the last DLC to follow the “smaller solo/duo/alert” missions philosophy. ( this has now changed.) and the lack of a raid and or/interesting addition really hurt the DLC, in terms of replay.
    · You could skip massive parts of the alert.
    · People grinded through the content too fast and didn’t have enough to keep them fully occupied, leading to boredom and playing the alerts and duos SO MUCH they got burn out. Due to no raid, or even a second alert, you had to run these twice as much to get the marks you would normally get form a raid>All of this to get armour that wasn’t that much different from the previous DLC.
    · Weapon mastery while an interesting addition, wasn’t really an amazing mechanic in my eyes, was a bit lacklustre.
    · No new legends specifically for the DLC, the really dropped the ball on this one, yes we got super girl and wonder girl, ( which are both GREAT) but these should have come with the DLC at the start, and we should have also received two other “big gun” MP legends like ( GA+ Death stroke)
    · No amazons bracers. Seriously with 3 sets of armour plus iconic bits and pieces form briefings, you could have at least put in a “version” of amazon gauntlets. ( without ANY type of ugly glove underneath) this to me is the single biggest piece of missing gear especially for WW content.
    · More varied styles, variety is the spice of life, three sets that were very similar is good for mixing and matching, but I would have preferred some other NPC styles as well, like the full harpy outfit, the satyr armour, the witches robes and arm gauntlets.

In summary AF was a good DLC, in my eyes, the only reason why was it wasn’t better was due to a “lacklustre” feature, and the lack of content, which led to people over grinding it, and getting sick of it faster.
  13. KidMidnight Loyal Player

actually come to think of it i was disappointed to see Donna Troy and Cassie were left out. I have been begging for a Donna Troy/Wondergirl inspired jumpsuit for years.

At this point I would even settle for cassies costume.

I can't help it.

I need spangles.

[IMG]
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

Can't agree more.
    Aside of T6 from vendor, the other 4 T6 loot styles are too similar to Gates armor and in between them.
    Cant really believe we still dont have a couple of WW inspired bracers with bare hands...
    I hope they do better for Amazon Fury Part 2.
    I want an Amazon VS Atlanteans war DLC so badly... People are asking to see Atlantis and more Aquaman themed content, I think is the best shot we have to get it.
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I love everything about this DLC except the lack of content but it's not really that bad IMO. I often find myself bored, but thank god for feats ya know?

I hate the Phoenix in TD. Since my first encounter it always seemed to piss me off when players frequently ignored the eggs and then depended on me to take them out. It's not a hard task... 3 hits usually destroy them.
    Everyone flies over the Halls of ADDS in TD, so why even put them in there? o_O that is us flying over money and time spent..

I really dislike how prestige puts pressure on some leagues. Well. Not really. Being rude is a choice, besides I found a great league (Justice Girls). Our league hall is amazing!!

I guess that is all. No real complaints from me... Hallelujah right?
  16. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Considering this was a 'small group content' DLC, what can you expect? I am actually a fan of Greek myth and Amazons, so I really enjoyed this DLC- especially the GUS missions, although I think the SoT GW missions were a bit more fun to play. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.
  17. I Keeps Aggro New Player

Never liked WW or Circe so hated the DLC. Pretty easy feats though Happy Hippolyta and Keep it Safe feats was the most fun I had this DLC.
  18. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

Where did they say they were changing the alternating small/big dlcs structure?