The General rating and thoughts on DLC Amazon 1

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Toshknight Loyal Player

i dont know... i thought War of the light was brilliant... new power... the metropolis is really cool, the armor , the alerts. and raid, the new legends characters. and finally with the release of the green aura and lantern slimline armor.
    Everything about WOL 1 is good, but with this amazon DLC, i dont know what to think... i mean. the Alert isnt very fun, the Wonder woman and Circe challenges are ok.. more of thos are always nice. the Duos arent that cool. Themescara is Beautiful but. its just not that interesting, same as gotham under siege, its not that different from reg gotham thers just a bunch of amazons around, kinda like regular metropolis area where the amazons are... thers a couple broken buildings and some barels of fire and tarps lol. i give it a 2 out of 5, what is everyone elses opinion on the DLC
  2. No Aywok New Player

I have owned the DLC for 9 days and have 2, yes 2, Feats left to complete.

That's automatically a 1/10 in my book.

To be more precise, there is nothing "replayable" or "redeeming" about AF1, in my eyes. Also, as far as personal tastes, I have never enjoyed the Amazon content. Hated Gates, hated the Circe mentor missions; just really not my cup of tea at all.
    • Like x 3
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

heard about lack of content, healers being alienated, and no raid content. Didnt even buy the DLC
    • Like x 3
  4. Toshknight Loyal Player

i agree... Wonder woman is just not that cool... im sorry, and off topic i think puting her in the new Superman v Batman Dawn of justice movie is a mistake, thers just something about Wonderwoman, she is ok in the cartoon movies but i dont know thers just something about her thats kinda cheesy and not bad ***, i can think of 5 other woman heroes that are so much better

Supergirl
    powergirl
    catwoman
    that green lantern girl. with the white top and green skirt
    batgirl
  5. Arcpope New Player

The devs know this dlc is garbage .

I imagine they will pull out all the stops with this new dlc.
    New raids, alerts , league halls already here.

Lots to do for months .
  6. RitzyDitzy New Player

I loved it, but I love Wonder Woman. I wish there had been a few more instances though, and I'm sick and tired of Circe I wish they would add other Wonder Woman villains.
    • Like x 2
  7. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

IMO

Gotham under siege is much better designed than Metropolis battle zone was. Solo missions are very creative, different from the usual "go pick that up, then kill these guys". Duos are quite harder than T5 ones were at their time. I'm not the guy who likes solo instances, so I'll refrain from commenting, although Circe solo kept me entertained more than Wonder Woman's.

Alert is enjoyable but it gets repetitive like everything else.
    • Like x 3
  8. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

I had a thread dedicated to being sick of WW and Circe.....wish the devs read it. Got a ton of support.
    • Like x 2
  9. GregDawe New Player

Find it, bump it.
    She is a god awful character, and everyone almost from her storylines are just as bad, Hypolita, Circe, they are all bland boring and fun-leeching characters and really put a knife in the enjoyment of content.

This DLC, I rate it 0.5/10.
    Honestly, to think someone can spend money on this outright is a crime.
    Thank god I only have it cos of my membership, I see the $15 a month buying all the other DLC's and AF1 being a GU, because it is the example one would use to display the worst of this game.
    Don't get me wrong, great game, love it, but AF1 is it's (unrivaled) low point.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mick Nugget New Player

I like it, but there is a serious lack of content. On one hand, it was nice because I could be done with my main in an hour, then repeat for two or three alts and theyre all at 104 and up now. On the other hand, my main just hit 106 yesterday, which i guess is good since the new dlc shoudl drop sometime soon.

Prestige earning is limited for 106 toons right now, but hopefully the new dlc helps that. I am seriously considering remodding one of my alts down to 102 so that I can be more helpful to my league, though I won't hit as hard cuz i had to handicap my toon.
  11. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

AF is awesome. I loved all the gear, content and scenery.

Amazon Fury gets a Bat-like from me.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

HALT SQUIRE! THOU HATH DISRESPECTED THY QUEEN, PREPARE YE SELF FOR THE WRATH OF 1000 SUNS!!
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

I will break it down from positives and negatives.

Positives:
    • Added a new open world feel
    • Added new solo missions
    • Added a beautiful alert
    • Added new duos
    • Introduced T6 gear and unnatunned normal drops
    • Quick and easy content, able to run everything in under an hour
    Negatives
    • Added a new alert that alienated healers for the first time in dcuo
    • Lack of raid caused population to decrease
    • Lacked in feats so much that they had to add feats to the DLC in a later GU
    • Lack of challenge disappointed many until survival mode
    • Beautiful areas get disjustice by poor quality missions
    • this list can go on and on but the #1 thing is replay value of the content is very low
    My overall score on AF1 is 4/10. If I were a tank, i might give it a 5/10 but overall the devs did a good job designing the areas and artwork, but once again they fail in the execution of missions, objectives, which lead to the alienation of healers and population decline due to no raids.
    Devs are proud of AF1 because it is a learning block for them. They realized that a DLC with no raids and no new power will result in a population decline. If I werent legendary, and I was just now coming back to the game, yea I wouldnt buy AF1 even if it was half off.
    • Like x 6
  14. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Circe - Great solo, I love the traps and her powerset. The feats are also fun IMO.
    Wonder Woman - I hate shield it's so long winded and weak except for the range. Feels fair until Ptolema at the end.
    Siege - I like the area and the new mission mechanics (transformation, ballista). The greek fire one is pretty annoying.
    TD - I like the alert, but I skip through everything because adds just have too damn much health. Not so bad now that people are geared but still easier to skip. Poor design on that part, but fun mechanics with the shields and whatnot
    Gear - 92 gear sucks.

Overall 4/10 not enough content
  15. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Well;

The new Gotham is much better then then the new Metroplis.
    The sword back styles lots have been asking for
    It looks awesome
    Love the Lions, war dogs, eagles, and phoenix (i would like a trinket for each before the AF III ends)
    Alert is long and design promotes either tank or healer exclusion (this is almost the new norm)
    I personally do not like the duo
    Love the Iconic visions
    I like Wonder Woman not so much on Circe mainly becasue her voice over is so annoying it causes me to turn the sound off
    The female hair and gear styles that we won't be able to get for our toons for 3 to 10 months is annoying
    The CR requirement for the AF is the same as HOP which makes it completely unecessary outside of skill point progression.
    Once HOP drop outside of the sword back styles I can't think of single drop, gear, loot, iconic item you have ot have the DLC to get.

If you are a very casual player I would imagine its a 8/10, quick easy simple daily quests and one alert.
    Anything more then very causal 3/10, which i would move up quickly if they added the pet trinkets as drops. I would run the duos I hate over and over agin for the chance at a phoenix trinket/pet
    • Like x 1
  16. rival exe New Player

OC was great
    SOT was good
    WOL1 was okay
    AF1 was meh
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I like the dlc for the storyline, other then that I think its boring, things in the solos and duos take too long to die if you're not a dps, the T6 alert the enemies have too much health and not enough damage out, in fact, the alert is so boring people skip over adds cause they don't want to deal with them. However I do agree with Derio the scenery looks pretty cool and I wouldn't mind putting a base in there lol.
  18. Crn Well-Known Player

I like it. Only thing that I didn't like was that there are was no 8 player missions. That's all.
    • Like x 3
  19. KidMidnight Loyal Player

I had fun. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Amazon Fury needed a raid and an extra alert. Right now everyone has ground the content to death, were all kind of sick of it right now no matter what. I did not like seeing healers alienated from the alert however in my case the duos gave my healers a place to shine.

I just want to get to the new dlc. I want it now.
    • Like x 1
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

i actually agree with you there
    but... with WOL prt one they had to give us a power so they couldnt put all ther eeffort into missions like that.. ibelieve that WOL 2 will be all content.. and WoL3 with give us the Blue lantern healers and the Villian healers.. .star saphires or Indigo tribe healers, but yea those missions are very creative. i like them more then the wasteland gotham missions even