The emotional spectrum, and why there should only be 1 more power.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by GregDawe, Mar 3, 2014.

1. papaditto New Player

You forgot luthor was an orange lantern also. In order to bolster their numbers, Ganthet activated a secret programming within all Power Rings which duplicated them and temporarily deputized local sentient beings. Larfleeze's Power Ring was one of those duplicated and flew to find a bearer whilst Larfleeze gave chase as he did not wish to be deprived of it. The Power Ring found and deputized Lex Luthor.
    Healers corps :
    Indigo - compassion : definitely
    Blue - Hope : definitely
    Star sapphire - love : not really cause if you read the comics star sapphires are more about killing everything that endangers love. There love is more of a jealously.
    White lanterns right now - kyle Rayner and swamp thing
    Former white lanterns -

• Sinestro – Possessed by the Entity and discharged from the Corps after Nekron removed the Entity from him.[1][2] During the events of "Wrath of the First Lantern", Sinestro tries to become a White Lantern once again so he could reconstruct Korugar and resurrect all its inhabitants, stealing Kyle Rayner's white ring, but the ring found him unsuitable as a host.[16]
    • Hal Jordan – Possessed by the Entity, discharged from the Corps after Nekron's defeat.[2]
    • Superman – Discharged from the Corps after Nekron's defeat.[2]
    • Kid Flash – Discharged from the Corps after Nekron's defeat.[2]
    • Superboy – Discharged from the Corps after Nekron's defeat.[2]
    • The Flash – Discharged from the Corps after Nekron's defeat.[2]
    • Donna Troy – Discharged from the Corps after Nekron's defeat.[2]
    • Ice – Discharged from the Corps after Nekron's defeat.[2]
    • Animal Man – Discharged from the Corps after Nekron's defeat.[2]
    • Batman – Chosen by Deadman, but discharged after the ring reveals that Batman was not the true heir to the White Light.[20]
    • Deadman – Chosen to be the vessel of the Entity.[21] Discharged from the Corps after giving his life to protect Dove and create the new Swamp Thing.[13]
    • Simon Baz – Chosen by the white ring itself, but found him unsuitable after an attempt to restore Sinestro's home planet Korugar.[16]
    Food for thought
    • Like x 1
  2. GregDawe New Player

The only way that whey could put Orange in and for it to fit a story act is same sort of thing as Lex Luthor.
    A crisis where the Orange light itself required the assistance of a great number of beings wielding the Orange light specifically. You may then get a number of "deputized" Orange Lanterns.
    Problem with that is the all are effectively channeling raw GREED, meaning if there were all these Avarice wielders running about, eventually, you'd get the effect of the original Orange Lantern, "it's all mine, no one else can have it". It was always said that the Orange light has far too much of an uncontrollable influence.

However even Lex was a deputized OL. Meaning he was TEMPORARY. 0 basis to have a permanent power set. (Same logic for white and black)
    • Like x 1
  3. papaditto New Player

Very true, I just really like the whole topic of should they add or should they not add more lantern powers, and i just thought I pass on some knowledge cause green lantern corps story is one of my favorites.
    • Like x 1
  4. GregDawe New Player

Much appreciated too dude. And like you, I love the GL side of the DC Universe.
    My main is a HL hero troll/dps, my 2nd is a rage hero for fun that will eventually be a healer (hopefully a hope healer)

But as displayed here and in every 2nd thread in these forums. Too many ignorant people wanting every colour for the sheer sake of it without thinking about how/if it would work with the story.

Like I said, I love Green Lantern and that side of the DC Universe more than any other, which is why I don't want any more put in now, and when there is another, it will be heal, and it will be the last HL power they make.

It is risking killing the appeal of Lanterns as it is, and it is sure to be the last loop around the noose if SOE give into foolish desires of useless and repetitive lantern powers.
    • Like x 2
  5. Emerald Knight Well-Known Player

Yes, if blue lanterns were to be the next healer power I would be fully satisfied and would never request another lantern power in the game (My favorite role is healing, and I'm a huge lantern fan boy...and one of my favorite corps is the Blue Lantern Corp). If they were added as a power and they were healers, that power would most likely be my main.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jake IX New Player

Saying this game is becoming "Lantern Universe Online" is like saying, when this game came out, it was "Natural Based Powers Universe online".
    • Like x 1
  7. Black ZeroPrime New Player

someone needs to reread the green lantern comics indigos do have a ring, its that very ring that forces them to feel compassion, and if you read the blackest night you'd know the atom was deputized by indigo 1's ring.
  8. Black ZeroPrime New Player

black hand is in fact dead he jumped off of a cliff on the indigo home planet to get his black ring back again
  9. GregDawe New Player

Well, it's not like saying that. At all haha.

The whole point of the story was that normal humans gained their POWERS from the exobytes. What are the MOST LOGICAL powers humans would gain? Natural Based Powers (which are mostly unrelated and dont cross over at all) or Lantern Powers (which all spawn from the same comic series, are all effectively the same basic idea)?-

Fair enough.
    However,

THE POINT OF THIS POST IS THAT THERE IS NO NEED FOR MORE THAN ONE LANTERN POWER FOR EACH ROLE!!.

The only reason people want the other colours is so that they can be a 'different' lantern. Meaning it is purely for show.
    If it means that much to you what colour your constructs are, and you dont like green, yellow, red (and blue maybe), then write a letter to devs confessing your lack of interest of anything DC other than the GL storyline, and request a colour palette for all Lanterns powers.
    • Like x 1
  10. Poo New Player

There has to be a Healer lantern power. It only makes sense. Most likely blue to go with the weapon set and gear already made. Then that's it.

Idk why anyone would think there would be more than one color for the same powerset. That makes no sense.
  11. GregDawe New Player

100% the point of this thread mate, at least I know someone out there gets it haha.

On the contrary to your username, that was not a poo comment :p
    • Like x 1
  12. AgentX44 Committed Player

The only problem with BLUE is that it is mainly a hero power. Star Sapphires on the other hand are mostly female (there are less than handful Star Sapphire males). So the only lantern power left that I think can be neutral is Indigo. Unless they use Blue for hero, Violet for villains. But I think there will be a lot of heroes that want to use Star Sapphires just because of Carol Ferris.
    • Like x 1
  13. GregDawe New Player

You are right. Blue is very much hero orientated. This will be the biggest issue with introducing a healer lantern.

Out of the colours left to choose from, none are a stand out easy choice for healers.

I've stated above why black, white and orange are no go's. So let's just leave them out for good.

I am with you though, the most sensible option would be SS for Villain and BL for Hero. But as you said, that still poses it's problems.

The rule with choosing to have Lantern powers in this game though is that you aren't actually a Lantern, you are a deputized Lantern. Effectively a temp due to the circumstances at hand. And there has been evidence as you said that there has been the odd male SS member in the comics.

A deputized SS would make most sense on the villain side.

And TBH, it would be an ironic kind of twist to have villains be Pink hahah
  14. Zamaron New Player

As a fan of the Star Sapphires, following the story plots of them from each comic generation, I HATE the idea of so called 'fans' making it a healing power!
    The Star Sapphires would be controller, completely! And I'd love to see a power set for them!

Stunning and trapping enemies in place with their crystals.
    Blasting them with their violet light.
    Shielding comrades in crystal shields and power regain.
    Creating constructs to knock back your opponents.
    And a perfect opportunity to incorporate an entity of the emotional spectrums, specifically the parasitic Predator. Changing form with a new ability set doing so. Similar idea to that of Scorcerys Destiny transformation.
    They do NOT teleport. Indigo lanterns use teleportation, whiles some Star Sapphires have the usage of traveling through portals.

This would also give a good opportunity to introduce more, 'lantern converted' characters! Such as Star Sapphire Wonder Woman, Red Lantern Queen Mira, Orange Lantern Lex Luthor, or as a villain sided, Predator corrupted: Abraham Pointe(character info: http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Abraham_Pointe )

And if the power isn't introduced, I feel she should be a legends character at least. They could use her NEW 52 look for inspiration for their sleek styles they're making for each lantern set, had the power been made.
    How I feel is, they should make Love a power set. Making the heroes side a more brighter violet while the villains, possibly darker.
    The idea of heroes fighting with love using the power rings, while villains are corrupted with love from the Sapphire Gems, while obviously still holding a ring.
    And with this, they could introduce Star Sapphire as a legends character aaaaand Larfleeze!! If any emotional spectrum were to be difficult to make, it would be, Orange. Since he uses constructs of the orange devoured members of the corps. And the only reason Lex could be converted to it was because of the copied ring made, from blackest night, which was soon taken back in Larfleezes possession. So if only one Orange Lantern can exist, just make Larfleeze a Legends character.

But the Star Sapphire have a lot of potential for a power set in the game. Protection, Reenergizing, Crowd Control, and Weapon buffing.

And I don't want to hear the whole femininity argument of colors for guys and girls. Everyone's got those purple auras stashed in their bank that could be put to good use now and man or woman, if you're willing to make purple mental tentacles attack your opponents, then why not some violet light?
    • Like x 1
  15. Redmash New Player

I'm not against another emo ring power but why does it need to be next? Let's push blue or pink or whatever on the back burner for a year or so and get something that more people would like to see now... Water. Keep it fresh.
    • Like x 1
  16. BLK Well-Known Player

Im blue da ba dee...
  17. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

With what others say about other lantern corps I would be interested to see what they would could do in dc. The only power outside of the lantern powers I really like is earth.
  18. GregDawe New Player

I agree, we need to change it up a bit. I'm kinda disappointed SOE showed their hand for the next couple of years worth of DLC. I think we are very parched in the way of some characters content. Especially on the topic of water, Aquaman DLC would be awesome, a few iconic armor sets, the water power, a good solid set of alerts, duos and raids, how awesome would that be? Kinda off topic though.

Do you not listen to anything said previously in this thread?

Why would you have ANOTHER controller power for Lanterns? It is nothing short of a waste of time, money and room. There is already a troll role in the Lantern set, there only needs to be a healer and then we can be done with it, and I don't want it immediately.

Give me 3 GOOD reasons why we should double up on powers in the Emotional Spectrum?

The effort put into justifying a full spectrum of powers and making them work well could be much better spent making TWICE as many DIFFERENT and more interesting powers.
    • Like x 1
  19. DeathandHades New Player

their was a full corps in blackest knight..i think the game would benefit from Black corps[death]. Nekron has the ability to summon any dead person on comand and at several points this corps was massive. Nekron could be the new Trigon right? It would be great new raids/alerts ect...i just really like the idea and it fits for villians, and to your point u do start the game with a skin labeled [undead] so it isnt out of the relm of possibilitys. And like i said b4 hope for heros but i dont think any1 would argure that.
  20. DeathandHades New Player

thi
    This^ and really anyone who has died that Nekron wishes posibilitys are endless