The emotional spectrum, and why there should only be 1 more power.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by GregDawe, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GregDawe New Player

It is simple.

If there needs to be anymore powers that are based on the emotional spectrum, there should only be 1, a healer.
    And that should only be Blue, Sapphire, or Indigo.
    There is no need to have more than one emotion for a single role, waste of time/space/money.
    NOT black, NOT white, NOT orange

I will explain all my reasons.

White Lanterns: NO
    IN THE COMICS there is only ever 1 official White Lantern Ring, meaning the corps was temporary to fight off the Black Lanterns. Meaning there is no corps to be apart of.

Black Lanterss: NO
    Every member of the 'corps' ARE ALL DEAD meaning it would make no sense to have them as a power. Let's CREATE a character that is dead, and for whatever reason abducted my Braniac. Common sense people, it's becoming less common.

Orange: NO
    The Orange Lantern Corps is 1 being, Larfleez, who creates the rest of the corps himself, so using the same simple logic as white, not really any use, also given that it is based on AVARICE(GREED) all that he does is TAKE, never GIVE (power, health) you see how that would make 0 sense? Tank, maybe makes some tiny bit of sense, but we have rage, I still see no advantage (other than the aesthetic use of the orange colour itself) of having two different lantern tanks.

Blue Lantern: YES, if:
    Blue Lantern has been heavily hinted, so it is seeming very likely.
    The only problem is getting it into the villain side. (maybe Star Sapphire as villain side)
    But yes, and healer, fit's their persona, and completes the every role for the lanterns.

Indigo Tribe: NO
    Indigo don't have rings, they are pretty much a hippy tribe that don't even have a member for every sector, and even if you did make it a power, why would you?

Star Sapphire: YES, if:
    Love, Star Sapphire, yeah could work, easier than blue in terms of having them "neutral" or both hero and villain, and works as heal. They are often more destructive than they should be towards the GL corps, so if they did put Blue, and couldn't have Blue in Villain, Pink would make most sense to oppose.

I ultimately think the problem arose when they made Red Lanterns a Tank for both sides.

But THE ONLY BENIFIT to having every colour a playable powerset, would be to shut up everyone out there who are making this The Lantern Corps (and friends) Universe MMO. But that is all.
    1 tank light power (rage)
    1 troll light power (will/fear)
    1 heal light power (TBA)
    DEFINATELY NOT: Black, White or Orange
    After the heal light is done, we can then focus our time, effort and money on other, much more exciting sounding powers. Like water, wind/weather. Things that will set others apart from the rest.
    • Like x 4
  2. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

My answer:

Blue, IF we absolutely, positively, unavoidably HAVE to get another Lantern Power... Blue. Because they are more pure-hearted in their reasons in comparison to Sapphires, as you stated.

But honest answer:
    NO MORE LANTERN POWERS, PLEASE. Give a chance to other powersets, or this will become LanternUO
    • Like x 8
  3. GregDawe New Player

I fully agree, If we must add another, I'd much rather see a few others like the water and the wind/weather thrown in 1st. Hit the next lanter power NOT NEXT HEALER, but THE HEALER AFTER THAT, maybe haha
    • Like x 2
  4. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Dammit, yes, water has so much potential as a healer powerset. There´s even a great, GREAT draft that a forum user made. Don´t remember his/her name but it was amazing, so well p`lanned and devised.
    • Like x 1
  5. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It only makes sense that the next healer power is going to be a lantern they made a troller and a tank I don't think they would leave healers out of the lantern mix I can see them making two power sets one for hero and one for villains .
  6. Karl-O New Player

Yeah, been waiting for water powerset since launch.. :)

Also I like what this dude say(post it below) about the possibility of a powerset for the remaining 4 Lantern Corps.. Speacially his reason for the orange light even if it only a wishful thinking. But if we ONLY need one more for a Healer Lantern then I also choose Blue.. :)
  7. GregDawe New Player

I did have a quick glance at that. Bulk effort put in there, internship at SOE :p?

I'm not a healer at all though so I'm not sure of the quality of the power trees, but It had me excited.
    I'd definately respec to learn to heal. (I am already levelling my character in anticipation for a Blue Lantern healer, but water is a good place to start haha, basically started it for the character name :p)
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Well, so what about the Brown Lanterns, the Pink Lanterns, the Slightly-Brighter-Shade-Of-Red Lanterns and everyone's favorite - the Purple-With-Yellow-Polka-Dots Lanterns?... :p
  9. GregDawe New Player

They can stay at Marvel Universe Online, where they belong haha
  10. Avian Dedicated Player

Totally agree with this. Can't remember if I'm playing a super hero/villain game or a Lantern game.
    • Like x 3
  11. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  12. Fourth New Player

Okay, but, DC could make a new lantern. Or, or, you listening? Or, look, or they could fix fire. And earf and electricity. But lets not make this one of those threads..
    • Like x 1
  13. GregDawe New Player

This is all that will be said in reply to that.

I am sure the Dev team is capable of more than one thing at a time (fixing and creating). If there is a problem with any/all these powers, I am sure they've heard about it and weighing up what could be done to help.

However as you said, let's not go into that. This thread is about new powers going forward and what would/wouldn't ideal introductions.
    Cheers for your input though.
  14. DivineSire Dedicated Player

Or just make unicorn lanterns...........hehe
    • Like x 1
  15. DeathandHades New Player

black hand is a member of the black corps currently and he is not dead..black lantern would be really amazing to see. the trees could be based on summoning.
    • Like x 1
  16. Campor Well-Known Player

He's the only 'living' Black Lantern. Much like Larfleeze being the only non-construct Orange Lantern.
  17. DeathandHades New Player

yeah i know lol..whats your point because thats the point i was making that their is indeed a living black lantern the op said their was not and there for a bad fit for a new power type.
  18. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Violent lantern corps only consist of females...and if the next lantern power to be it would be blue & maybe indigo and as I seen from the photos when they release of concept are of the 3lantern styles they added into the game they only had 5 emblems. Will, Fear, Rage, Blue, and indigo on the up left corner
    • Like x 1
  19. Roomba Dedicated Player

See, and here I am thinking indigo could be the coolest by far. Have constructs or combos that represent every other light power. So cool.
  20. GregDawe New Player

my point is, (ok you got me, there is ONE living BL mamber), never has there been a living and functional corps.

Black, like Orange, when there is a "full corps" present, it is entirely temporary. Meaning at the moment, it doesn't actually exist. There Is an(singular) Orange Lantern in the Universe, and there is an(singular) Black Lantern.
    Meaning to become a Black Lantern you must begin your game dead. Does not work with the games logic

You only want the rest of the spectrum for the sake of having different construct colours. You aren't thinking of the game as a whole and creating diversity to attract other players.

The more DIFFERENT styles of power (HL, Rage being one style, Lantern) the more people can be individual with their choices.
    The more that happens, the more the game profits, the more the game profits, the more the game expands, and then IF THERE IS NOTHING LEFT AT ALL they can bring in repetitive powers.

Because moral of the story, having two different Lantern Corps in the same faction that have the same role is nothing short of unimaginative (the basis or being a Lantern, irony?).