The DCUO population increased

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I logged in for a few days and then uninstalled the game again. Put that in your numbers and have it call you sugar.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Yeah that fair trade cotton candy is some mean ****.
  3. Dene Devoted Player

That Dad is laughing.. till he gets home and the kid didn't go to bed for 3 days LOL
    • Like x 1
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

So a little over 80,000 in a little over 9 months. Nice to see it actually went up and not down but frankly that is not a lot of new characters and just how many of those are just a player already IN GAME creating a new ALT? because thing big thing to remember is that tracks the number of characters not the number of players.

Now the almost double in character with 300+ SP makes perfect sense. Plus in those 9 months players have spent more time on feats after the revamp. Plus during that same time frame we started getting the event version of every single DLC so getting better armor and increasing CR got a lot easier.. And of course when you run older content just to get feats available with a CR 230+ alt thing sort of melt in front of you. LOL hey we could even add in the addition of artifacts .. Wonder how many feats some picked up going back and doing low tier content for catalysts? These days the push from Daybreak seems to be geared to get as many to end game as soon as possible... Check the lower tier vendors.. Until you hit the 15161718 and up vendors in the Tech wing hanger. you can buy a full set of gear for 91 marks these days.. a chest piece used to cost 60 marks from a lot of those vendors.

Since increasing CR is not a huge an ordeal why NOT focus on feats?
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

just remember.. no matter if it *is* alts.. these people are spending money on RB to unlock styles and buy feats
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

The thing is: It's very unlikely to have a decrease in the numbers, the only way would be for 80001 players to delete their existing characters and almost no1 does that, they just leave them inactive. You got to remember that the census keeps everyone who reached level 30 sometime in there, doesn't matter if the person is playing the game or not.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I logged in yesterday and saw 10 people in the watchtower, today I logged in and saw 20 people in the watchtower.

This doesn't mean anything, but I'm just saying...
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh I know.. Those figures can not give anywhere near an accurate assessment because of the over 2 million characters in game ..

1. How many belong to set group of players with multiple ALTS? I myself trimmed back not long ago and yet I still have 15 total.

2. How many belong to players .. err make that former players .. That left the game and have not been on line in years but they did not delete just stopped playing. I have the perfect example.. A old buddy that came to the game with me from City of heroes 7 years ago. Belonged to the league the TWO of us built and then simply got tired of the game and quit. I still can access all his bases and he is still "technically" on the League roster. As of May 7th he has not signed on to even say hello let alone play the game in THREE years. he had a total of 6 alts before he quit. how many of those are included in that 2 million +?

Despite the fact it appears the game has 80,000+ new characters the number of active players could be lower than in was a year ago.
  9. DC Urban Committed Player

Have not been in a raid in two days. Glad I only subbed for one month. This game is too risky to put too much money in. I just enjoy it leisurely. Found myself playing CO, Xcom and BDO. Feels like I wasted my sub so far lol. Wished the pop increased overall, it will benefit the players like me whom want to run older stuff.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

yesterday it took 15 minutes of shouting for my 329 group to go from 3 players to 4.
  11. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

while all 20% ingame population on forum complain and cry about the game on forum, the true DCUO players population incrises in game, that's the TRUE
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Why even bother to shout???

That mission can be done pretty quick solo. No need to be 3 or 4 players to do it.

I do it solo..... and if most players do the same..... no wonder people do not answer your shout.

Also... yesterday was Tuesday. Pretty far from reset day.

This mission is a weekly. People do weekly missions on Reset day.... or pretty close to it.

Usually by Sunday..... most people are done with the weekly missions.

If you want to make a group for weekly missions... do that on Thursday..... or during the week-end at the lastest.

On Tuesday...... odds are you will have a hard time making a full group.

So no real surprise if you found 3 or 4 players.
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its no surprise to me. i know the population is at an all time low.

during the double marks weekend i was in more than a few groups that couldn't find enough players to make it to queue.

make excuses. i used to use the same ones.

cling to them. keep watching the game bleed out what little we have.
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

its never been about the gear...some idiot from grodd to robin will drop a pair of pants or hat for you you pull enough of their teeth out...gear getting is inevitable...SP prove you play the game