The DCUO population increased

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Most are alt IMO

Personally I got 7 toons with over 260+ SP and only 2 are active these days.
    • Like x 1
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

Yes, but this message is obviously bugged for at least more than 2 years and need to be fixed to show the correct information.
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well.. ummmm I do kind a... All for more population .. all for more content but OMG I was the healer on a League Hall: Security Breach Alert earlier tonight... I can honestly say i have NEVER seen anything like what I witnessed on that alert in game before... Three different DPS all going in three different directions and all attacking three separate mobs leaving me wondering who I am supposed to follow and TRY to keep alive. Allow me to clarify in case anyone even things to interject.. Well the Cr200+ probably figured they could hand;e the mobs solo.... I had a Cr 105, Cr 102 and a CR 98 As the DPS .... No one on that alert was high enough to be rushing into a huge mobs solo and expecting to emerge unscathed and victorious. LOL

We kind of finally got THAT straightened out and then the CR 98.. who obviously had armor in both roles and was "technically" at Cr100 or he could not have even joined that mission... apparently either decided he was invulnerable to any and all attacks or just assumed heals travel around corners and into other rooms... ran ahead and wound up dead (twice).

That ended when the guy at CR 98 went link dead and was finally replaced.....Of course by that time we were FINALLY down to the final boss battle .. which went amazingly smooth considering all that insanity early on.

To make it seem even worse I had done the Necropolis Raid and the Zamaron Conversion Chamber alert before joining that team.. both Blind Ques just like the Security Breech and both went very well.. done with no deaths and in decent times.. And then I hooked up with Mo, Larry and Curly,,

[IMG]
    HEY MO! NYUK NYUK NYUK.. Now honestly do YOU want to do a raid with THESE THREE? :D
    • Like x 1
  4. BƖack Dedicated Player

The numbers are liars.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

You should change the title to "some existing players are still active" because that's pretty much what your data shows us. It doesn't really reflect an increased population at all.
    • Like x 2
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Seems deceiving, at least on EU, I mostly only see gold farmers spamming up LFG.

They need to activate LFG for new players. Put it on a separate tab if anything, just let them know it exists!
    • Like x 1
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

Could've sworn I remember reading a thread that used the dcuo census to claim the population was dying, everyone called that poster a liar.

Should I be using the same logic here?
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have trouble trying to use that census to figure out almost anything in the game..

1. In July there were 2,734,647 CHARACTERS in game. It is now December and the figure is 2,815,168. That is a total increase of 80,521 CHARACTERS.. not players just the number of alts all players own. The census also does not give any indication if those characters are "live" and actually playing the game or if the person that owns them may not have logged in for months. I personally have a really good friend that used to play here daily. He had a total of 6 characters when he decided the changes in the game were making it hard to even want to log on and he quit. He never deleted characters and just stopped subscribing. It has been over a year since he was anywhere near this game but his characters are still listed as belonging to my league and all his lairs still exist. So right there I can personally attest to the fact that 6 of those 2.8 million characters listed really do not PLAY the game at all.

2. Not 100% sure but as I recall those figures do not take into account and brand new players that .. create that very first character and jump into the game.. battle their way off of Brainaic's ship and head into Gotham or Metropolis and then... After a few tutorial missions decide they really don;t like the game and just leave. They created a character .. they gave it a name.. And until Daybreak decides to do another name purge as long as they didn't delete that character before they just stopped logging on... It is still in the system JUST like my old pal that has not been on line in ages.

3. Now I personally have 26 alts. yeah I am that crazy. This census has no way of telling us just how many of those 80.000 new characters are just new alts created by established players that decided to try out a new power (like WATER which came out in the past 6 months) .. Oh yeah I own two .. one male and one female. Or after a number of years only playing as a troll /dps decided to try being a healer or a tank and created new characters.

4. The jump in characters with more than 300 SP. Hmmm didn't we JUST have a huge revamp that made stats matter? I know personally during that long period with no new content while they were revamping for just that reason i spent a lot of time running older content to grab any and all feats i may have missed . Oh yeah and let's go back to alts for a second... you can BUY Skill Points for an alt with replay badges.. So when Stats matter went live if you had an alt with 300+ SP and several others with only 100 or 200... and you wanted them to have more... Does the census reflect how many of those that now have over 300 SP simply belong to the some player that already had ONE alt with 300?

5 300 Sp part 2.. we have also had several holiday events and a couple new DLCs in that same time frame that added a number of new feats any player can obtain. So okay A player had 290 SP before JULY 2017 and over the past 6 months managed 10 more? The more content we get the more feats available and the more ways any player can get to that 300+ Sp status.

Way to many variables to simply look at the totals and assume we suddenly have more members.
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Let's go to the mathematics...

80,521\16=5021. This if any new player create 16 alts. So, DCUO get an increase of the number of players.
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

You can do the math on the numbers you posted as many times as you want, those numbers are still not reflecting an actual increase in population.
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

Now... Tell me how many players quit and how many of those players who got to level 30 are still playing. This data means nothing, doesn't matter if we have 3 billion new characters in the game if 10 are active and other 10 people quit the game.
    And even doing that math, you're not saying that 5021 new people joined the game. For example, if we have 10042 active accounts in the game, and each of those made a new toon, it would still count in there. If each account made 8 new toons, we would have aproximatelly the 80521 new characters, without any1 joining the game. And if the population was for example 2 million active accounts and all of them but 10042 quit and those 10042 made 8 new toons, it would still be calculated, the data would say we got a % increase, when almost 99% of the population quit.
    • Like x 1
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

This can be applied in every MMO. If you create an account, normally you'll understand that this is a new player. Obviously you can't prove how many players are playing and how many are not playing the game and you can also create an account but that also doesn't prove you're playing because you can simply create an account and don't play so since we have a number of new 5021 ACCOUNTS so we believe that a guy has created an account and plays the game but don't worry about it because I'm not the creator of DCUO Live Census. I just trust in that data but do whatever you want.
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

5021 are the minimum of new accounts but whether or not they are playing, ask Mepps.
  14. Tayzer222 New Player

I'm brand new, and I like it here. I'm hoping more people have started and intend on being here for a while as I am. Been looking for a new place to "live" and I'm really liking DCUO. No idea why it took me so long, but here I am.
    • Like x 1
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Well, you are the one claiming that the population has increased based on these numbers. Maybe you should've asked Mepps yourself before making this claim? All your data shows us is that a number of existing players are still active, that one was made obvious in terms of the SP-data you posted. None of your data really reflect an actual increase in population.
  16. TestReporter Loyal Player

It's not the minimum number of NEW accounts. If there are like 7000 active players with 1 toon and each of them made 15 new toons, we could reach the number you said without having a single new player joining the game. Also, you said in the title that we had a population increase, the population just increases if new ones join without a equal or greater number of old ones leaving. If you can't say it's true, then your title is misleading and you're giving us "fake news".
    All we are trying to do is say that it's not simple as that, you can't just take some numbers from a census and make it look like you're right expecting everyone to be fooled by it (i know that it's not your intention, but this thread made many believe that was the number of new accounts).
    I'm not saying nobody made new accounts, but those numbers don't say anything about it or a population increase. The only ones that can give us accurate data are the devs and i don't think they are interested in doing so, knowing that the population is probably worse than it was last year and in 2015.
    ***If no accounts are deleted then the number of players will never decrease, just stay linear or increase, but it doesn't mean we have a bigger population, just more toons created.
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

Want to know how well the DCUO population is doing?

LFG moving so fast you have to expand the window and scroll back up to find the post you're looking for ( the grand ole days)

LFG crawling so slow you can keep the window minimized and never have to scroll to find the post you're looking for ( the way it moved when I quit)

Just how fast is chat moving?
    Just how fast do the queues pop from the on duty tab?

Those are the indicators you use to determine how well the population is doing.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    • Like x 4
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, no. Put two and two together. Check your dates. Those are just all the water alts that were made. :)
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

I claimed because this is a information that I trust but if you don't trust I respect and have my solidarity and as I've said before: "I'm not the creator of DCUO Census".
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

But the minimum number is 5021 new accounts or you believe that somebody else have spent your time, downloaded the game more than 20gb on your PC, went to the site and created an account to don't play? Do you believe in it?