The DCUO population increased

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

From DCUO census

My last check on 29/07/2017 was...

Characters level 30: 2,734,647
    Characters over 300 SP: 4,270

Now we have...

Characters level 30: 2,815,168
    Characters over 300 SP: 8,030
    • Like x 8
  2. SilkyPawz Bunny

Is it all the gold sellers :rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Gold sellers with over 300 sp? :p
    • Like x 9
  4. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Gawd I hope so.
  5. SilkyPawz Bunny

Anything is possible *giggle* :p
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

It doesn't mean anything...Remember that any new alt created is included in that list, also, all players that quit are still included. And, many new skill points were introduced to the game, so it means that players that were hunting SP got to 300 sp, new players wouldn't be able to get 300 sp in 4 months.
    But the active population compared to RwC launch probably increased, since it was one of the worst episodes of all and many stopped playing during it. The steam average population increased compared to september-november, but it's still nothing if you look at the past average steam players.
    • Like x 1
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

So about 80k more characters over level 30 since water has been released... Well I think one of them is my water alt, and one of the new characters over 300 SP is my main that was around 280 in the summer.

So on the sp side, I wouldn't say those are new population, just people that haven't done many PvP, lpve, or some of the more grindy r&d feats (like myself) that are just now getting over 300 due to new episode feats.

On the level 30 side, it's a combination of new players and alts. Unfortunately there isn't a way with the census to tell if the character is an alt (unless they have rediculously high sp for their level, but not everyone but SP for their alts right away). I'm sure I wasn't the only person to create a new alt when water was released, though, and getting to level 30 isn't that hard.
    • Like x 1
  8. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

How long does it take to get 300 sp? I've been playing since July and have a little over 100 sp on my main!
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

if characters it looks to me as ppl with over 300 sp would have added an additional alt toon and unlocked the sp :eek:
    • Like x 1
  10. Sivulla Dedicated Player

But do these people know how to play the game?
    • Like x 1
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Guess more people are catching wind of the PS3 cancellation announcement, so they are probably returning back to the game after hearing that news.

Good stuff to hear, more population is exactly what DCUO needs Atm(especially for villains.. the poor things.)
    • Like x 1
  12. DC Urban Committed Player

Things must be going pretty damn good, I made a Marvel Heroes Omega thread last month, and it is still up. maybe they knew it was shutting down lol. Anyway, like I said, when you are doing $hit right, you don't need to worry about what the other guy is doing. Good $hit, DCU and CO is all players have on the super hero front.
  13. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Who cares?, the bigger the population, the more money for the company and the more content for players.
  14. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Census data is skewed and never will show alts..active players etc..doesnt mean anything. Only the dc staff know the real numbers.

Possible tell tale sign of a healthy player community and is shelling out the bucks... is looking at content, and when and how it is released. In other words, the less swag, ... the more microtransactiions...and the more rehashed content means it is reasonable to think the less active population, and money gained.
    • Like x 1
  15. Slash3rr New Player

I hope this game will be more attractive. The developpers have not explore the full potencial of this game.
    Here some steps to make this game more better :

1) : add more 1 player missions and add more cinematics on the missions. Actually this type of missions is too
    short and the cinemactics are too botched.

2): Make a full recast of the PVP mode. The normal pvp mode is too awful and not very balanced. Why not make an
    mode like the lendary mode, with especially powers for each class of characters for example.

3): Raise the cap of the maximum level to 50. Why not erase the item lvl and replace it by a classic level cap.

4): That's the big dump on the alerts. The battles are a big slaughter. Developers, please make an effort to make this alerts more understable for normally peoples.

5): We have not enough cinematics on this game. We need more cinematics in comic style. We are in the DC Universe or not ?

6): For the price are the épisodes, the content is appreciable but we need more story missions with more cinematics, with more..., etc....

Surely, the are a hundred steps to explore to make this game better. For me, i have the big impression that this game is botched.
    • Like x 1
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Nice!

I think that the doubling of the number of players above 300 SP is more significant than the increase in general population, but it's always nice to see the numbers going up instead of down. :)
    • Like x 2
  17. Ully Committed Player

Eh, I don't know about that. This ofcourse is anecdotal, but In the past, I've had little trouble forming groups, especially on reset days, regarding the newest DLCs. However, with each passing week, I've seen a considerable increase in the time its taking to form groups. DLC fatigue is slowly creeping in.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Additional character slots were on sale, I just made a bunch of alts :D
    • Like x 2
  19. Aquajet Well-Known Player

Well they're in for a rude awakening when the game doesn't magically get better. :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Vagrant Committed Player

I don't really trust population numbers too much because on test server it will say population is high when there will literally be maybe 5 people online.