The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Schimaera Devoted Player

Do you have combat logs that you can upload? Are you using supplies, trinkets, orbitals, supercharges, pets .. anything like that? How long do you parse? 10 seconds average or do you do longer parses that can even out good/bad crit chances?
    Thanks in advance mate.
  2. CQG New Player

I sent you a PM.
    I am interested in a hybrid loadout. I like pftt, but it is too power hungry and I feel bad for the trolls.
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I've done some testing yesterday to evolve my 1H WM build into a Spin Chop clipping build.
    The loadout and rotation I came up with is pretty much a classic already:

Suppressor Turret - Cryo-Field - Battle Display - Gauss Grenade - Implosion Mine - Asphyxiation Gas

CField clipped with Display is the 12 second frame for the rotation. Gauss Grenade sets up electrify which causes burning in CField and prevents freezing targets. It also interacts with Frostbite so it synergizes well with CField. IMine deals more damage on electrified/burning enemies and (since it's still broken) pulls enemies into point blank range.
    So between CField/Display casts, the rotation is a simple Spin Chop/Gauss -> Spin Chop/IMine.

The cool thing about this is that both IMine and Gauss are 100 cost abilities that can be upgraded to more expensive ones depending on Troll support. Gauss Grenade could also be replaced by Napalm Grenade or Thermite Mine at the same cost but Napalm deals less damage in total and TMine comes with an opportunity cost of not being able to jump or clip it with consumables/trinkets.
    The easiest upgrade would be to replace IMine with EMP and Gauss with TMine.

As for stats, I tried different specs (from max Prec Weapon Expert to balanced to max Might Hybrid). I realized that since my damage is distributed pretty even between weapons and abilities, all of these stat builds are very close in performance. Some parses and math told me that a max Precision, Weapon Expert, Relentless Precision build should perform slightly better than a 50:50 or max Might Hybrid build, but only by a tiny fraction (~3%).
    Keep in mind that I am using 50:50 Might and Precision mods both in my gear and generator.

In alerts this build performed very well. I had absolutely no Power problems. Thanks to IMine's pull and Spin Chop's short clipped time I didn't have any big issues hitting multiple targets with my weapon combos (as I may have with other builds and melee combos).
    The only exception was the Dr Fate fight in War Crimes which was absolutely awful. Since Dr Fate teleports all the time and Spin Chop is such a short combo, I couldn't reliably stay in melee range and lost major damage from my combos, mines and CField. That's a problem with other melee builds as well. A midrange or ranged single target build may work better there, or a melee hybrid build using combos that start with a lunge (with Shield for example).
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I've mostly stayed out of threads in this section since I'm really not the best player, but I've been getting to know Gadgets well.

Melee I can do quite well with Gauss, IMine, Sticky, Cfield, EMP, turret. It does really well for itself, but I do hate Turret. It is very hard to spawn as it is a cast bar and you can clip it with another power. For a failed attempt at casting it.

On the other hand, I feel I don't have a lot of options for range.Gauss, Cfoam, Napalm, Sticky, pdart, turret doesn't yield the same desirable results and I'm a little disappointed in that regard. So if anyone has some tips, let me know.
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

So far I did not like the concept of using the mines. I really dislike them. I rather spec a bit more power-heavy and go with the the heavy hitters all the way.

So far my melee loadout is a hybrid rotation using One-Handed:

1 point in Hybrid, 60 points in crits, 175 in might, 5 in Health and the rest into movement immunities, weapon combos and precision.

Battle Display | Cryo Field | Paralyzing Dart | EMP | Neo-Venom Boost | Distract

Precast CF c/w BD, lunge, EMP and then start off clipping Spin Chop with PD, EMP or CF/BD.

Mod-wise I'm using Energized EMP, Blast Adapter and Penetrating Strings and do not encounter any power issues in Alerts or Raids (with one controller). So far I'm thinking of replacing the chest mod with Power Efficiency and the Head mod with Critical Battle Display but I haven't had the time to test it so far.

I was also tinkering with Stealth's Surprise Attack but even though it hits pretty hard it felt underwhelming compared to cycling PD and EMP. Also CryoField breaks Stealth -.-'

Anyone else tested this? It is a bit more power heavy but not that much if you utilize supplies and soders - which everyone should (obviously).

Schimaera
  6. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Hey everyone.

Gadgets Loadouts I've been using for different situations are listed below.

1. Add burner: Alert / Raid hall ways & raid bosses with adds (might be risky to use on boss fights like JFA Elite last boss)

Gauss Granade | Imposion Mine | Napalm Grenade | Stealth | EMP | Suppressor Turret

Stealth Loadout: Supressor Turret | Surprize Attack | EMP | Paralyzing Dart | Asphyxiation Gas | Bunker Buster

Rotation: Gauss Grenade -> Implosion Mine -> Napalm Grenade -> Stealth (Paralyzing Dart) -> EMP -> back to Gauss Grenade

2. Single Target: There are some options to turn/switch this loadout to long range AoE/single target or long range single target loadouts.

Taser Pull | Fear Gas | Paralyzing Dart | Stealth | Heat Vision | Suppressor Turret

Stealth Loadout: Supressor Turret | Surprize Attack | Sticky Bomb | EMP | Asphyxiation Gas | Bunker Buster

Close Range Single Target Rotation: Taser Pull -> Fear Gas -> Paralyzing Dart -> Stealth (Surprize Attack) -> Heat Vision -> back to Taser Pull

Long Range Single-Target Rotation: Taser Pull -> Fear Gas ->Paralyzing Dart -> Stealth (Sticky Bomb) -> Heat Vision -> back to Taser Pull

Long Range AoE Rotation (JFA 2nd boss for example): Gauss Grenade -> Fear Gas -> Paralyzing Dart -> Stealth (Sticky Bomb) -> Heat Vision (Targeted on Boss) -> back to Gauss Grenade

Notes (16575 might - 25305 power - no buffs)
    • All loadouts are PftT (Superpowered) build.
    • I get 12-13 k/s avarage with "Add Burner" loadout. (3 targets - 30 secs)
    • I get 8000 - 8400 /s avarage with " Close Range Single Target" loadout. (Single Target - 30 Secs)
    • I get 10-11 k/s avarage with "Long Range AoE" loadout. (3 targets - 30 secs)
    • I switching to controller role and activating Neural Neutralizer, Defibrillator and Battle Dipslay before jumping to fight (SJ alert, after 2nd boss fight for example) to boost myself and group members. Or doing it on raids while moving on hallways between add groups. (quickly ;)).
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

What does Battle Display do for you if you're playing PftT?
  8. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I didnt mention that there but its just a little boost for little weapon taps. Better than nothing :)
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Ah so you're clipping taps between your PftT casts? Makes sense then.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I prefer using pet trinkets over trying to use Suppressor Trinket. The hit you take to Passive Power Regeneration is too much of a loss in my opinion to balance out the meager damage boost. Suppressor Turret works "ok" for weapon-heavy builds, but that's due more to a lack of decent supplemental Gadgets damage options for Weapon Mastery.

For range options, have you tried using Heat Vision and Taser Pull in single-target situations? I like pairing those powers with Stealth.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I was originally using Bunker Buster instead of turret and I don't really have a huge problem with power. I never was one for stealth.

As for taser and heat vision, no, I have not used them. I may try them on single target bosses.
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

What do you guys think is a good number for midrange parses now? The best I could manage with my setup was around 9.7k DPS multitarget which doesn't seem all that impressive to me. Content testing gave me mixed results but then again I didn't test this a lot yet. Most of the time I melee (beginning to feel like it's not worth the risk tbh) and when I go ranged it's mostly on bosses where I use my single target ranged build instead.
  13. Shifty Committed Player

You could try a mid-range rotation with emp and the mines, they're proximity detonation is low, but their damage is mid-range, so if you can work out maybe using the self detonation remote in your rotation then there ya go lol, I mainly troll raids since there's rarely any trolls on the Villain side, so I never get to try stuff like this out other than in alerts, and Raid parsers will definitely be different from alert parsers lol
  14. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I've done some testing with midrange Mines + Self-Destruct Signal. It could work out fine if Implosion Mine wasn't broken. Since it ignores the Dom check you end up pulling all enemies to you every time you use it which means combat becomes messy fast. In group content you'll pull enemies away from the Tank and what was supposed to be midrange becomes melee instead.

I'd like to give it another try when Implosion Mine gets fixed.
  15. Predicament Well-Known Player

My parses are 30 second totals with 10 second logs, I try for consistency, if I get 9k 17k and then 11K i know thats all based on crits and shot for sample sizes every 30 seconds with no crits. If you PM me I can show you combat log screen shots. Finally got my first OP piece last night, belt and tested in JFA run, ended with 1,040,000 damage 306K power in on a 22min run.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

They also bug if they clip into geometry. They won't go off until they time out. Kind of annoying actually.

I'm not a fan of detonate. It's a why do I have to blow up something that should be blowing up on their own.
  17. Shifty Committed Player

Yeah I get it lol, honestly tho I feel like Implosion mine is Gadgets best burst move next to emp, and especially for its power cost, so regardless if it pulling adds off the tank, might still be worth using lol, idk tho, like i said i never really dps raids anymore since the villain side lost alot of trolls after revamp, so i dont get to test unless its an alert tbh
  18. Predicament Well-Known Player

• Like x 2
  19. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I mean, they do blow up on their own after 15 seconds so you could theoretically stack mines until the self detonate. Probably not the best strategy though.

IMine has one of the highest base damage values in the powerset right now. Even Thermite Mine is pretty good and can keep up easily with some more expensive powers. But the low range and cast bar are serious tradeoffs and using SDS basically increases Power cost. IMine is pretty damn good in melee range though with its high damage, and if you're close to the Tank then the broken CC doesn't sabotage the group.
  20. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

How does that play in actual content? Power management looks utterly awful with that rotation.
    • Like x 1