The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That's what Stealth does. It's described in the guide: "84-93 (88 average) extra proc when used with certain Gadgets abilities"

You need to put Suppressor Turret on your Stealth loadout if you want to retain it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

Thanks for help.:)
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I've been trying out some PftT loadouts over the last couple of days. Here is what I've had some success with so far:

AoE Loadout:
    Cryo-Field, Gauss Grenade, Fear Gas, EMP, Paralyzing Dart, Stealth

Start with Cryo-Field. Then rotate Gauss Grenade, Fear Gas, EMP Pulse, and Paralyzing Dart until Cryo-Field is off cooldown. Use Stealth in between Cryo-Field casts to activate Supercharges or get in a Surprise Attack.

That loadout is very Power hungry. Even with two Controllers, you still have to use a lot of sodas. You can swap Paralyzing Dart with Implosion Mine if Power is a concern.

I'm still doing research to see if there is a PftT AoE Melee build that does better damage.

For single target, I've been using:
    Stealth, Taser Pull, Heat Vision, and Decoy.

The general rotation is Heat Vision -> 3x Taser Pull. When Stealth is available, clip a Taser Pull with Stealth->Surprise Attack. Only do two Taser Pulls when you clip with Stealth.

Photon Blast works on the single-target build too if the enemy is below 35%.

For trinkets, the crab trinkets from the Summer Event do great AoE damage if cast it within 5 meters of the enemy and the enemy doesn't move much.

I'm still trying to figure out the optimum build where you primarily have a single boss with sporadic waves of dangerous adds.
  4. Predicament Well-Known Player

5. CrescentSun New Player

6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

How much are you parsing now with that rotation? I'm getting around 6500 DPS with a Precision based Bow Flurry Shot rotation with this loadout: Suppressor Turret - Battle Display - Taser Pull - Zip Tie Attack - Photon Blast - Stealth [Turret - SC - both mines - Cuff'em - Surprise Attack]
    Takes a lot of practice (and some cooperation from the server) to get the Flurry Shot clip timed right consistently but I think it's pretty good single target damage. I'm also pretty much guaranteed to have 100% uptime on the Controller Group Weapon Buff which only makes this better.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just using Stealth, Taser Pull, and Heat Vision, it is averaging 8000/s on 30 second parses for me. The range is 7600-8400.

With a pet trinket and defense debuff up, it hits 9000/s+ fairly easily.
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That sounds about the same as mine then. The Group Weapon Buff should put me at 8k.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Field, Implosion, Thermite, and EMP produce very steady damage. That rotation does have a couple of downsides though. I'm finding Thermite Mine to be a bit tricky to use in raiding conditions. The auto-detonation range is fairly small. If you're dealing with a mobile boss or the tank is moving around a lot, you can end up missing some of your Thermite Mine casts. Clipping EMP with Self-Destruct Signal helps out a little bit. You have to be careful about using Implosion Mine. The broken Dominance check sometimes pulls the boss away from the tank to you.

I'm taking every opportunity I can to look for a slightly higher performing loadout.
  10. Predicament Well-Known Player

Im too invested into hybrid play with my mods that I can't fully test PftT and have it be as effective as my hybrid build. The thing that I have come across with all the powers is that they have at least 2 12sec cooldown AOE DoTs while gadget only have cryo-field. With field we also have to be within 7m of the target. Does the trigger range from mines have the same range as cryo-field?
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I think this is one of the pitfalls of the Revamp's release. You become so invested in your mods that you're unable to switch them to test other playstyles. Sure we receive some conversion boxes, but that isn't enough to fully explore what playstyle you want to use. Too bad the Test Server is PC-only. Mods and Home Turf mods are available for free on there for playstyle testing.

Doing some research this afternoon, I'm seeing Thermite and Implosion Mine received some range buffs at some point. Their maximum damage range is equal to EMP's range now. The auto-detonate range on the mines is a a couple steps larger than Cryo-Field's range. I'm thinking that always clipping EMP with SDS is a better strategy if you've already setup your power interactions and have a loadout spot available. Using the mine powers on bosses that like to jump/move around though is going to remain tricky.

It would be nice to have another longer-lasting DoT in Gadgets.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

After get tired of this power hungry i have decided only to use Stealth (EMP Pulse) - Supressor Turret - Gad Glove (Dazes enemies) - Gauss Grenade and Napalm Grenade spam or only Gauss Grenade spam.
  13. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I cried when I saw the DoT lengths =(
  14. Predicament Well-Known Player

If the devs could introduce the replacements into the marketplace I would buy them, the issue with mods are the materials are time consuming when I need Time essence to make other things for feats and etc. I do have a pc and have tested but there's an issue with the dps that keeps degrading on my pc, I have a high end pc too but don't know much about how to fix it.

As for the Dots, I miss having foam as a 12 second dot, I feel like gas and foam do the same thing in dps and fear has really had no real usage in troll stance, if devs could adjust gas to a 12 sec dot with 12CD I'd be happy. We have 4 powers with dots that only last 3 seconds. We can't even cast all 4 powers in a row really without one of them expiring before the rotation is ove if we wanted to go full DoT. All the powers I've played with have either 12sec dots or 6 sec dots. I understand the fast paced game style people want but we didn't need 4 powers with 3 sec dots.

Fear gas should be a 12second dot since it doesn't debuff nor does it add a PI. I'm fine with the other powers having short cooldown and short Dots since they apply PIs and/or debuff. Think we can petition for this change? Or is it too late? Or do you disagree?
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

In my opinion...

Thermine Mine and Implosion Mine - they need increased range to 12m.
    Fear Gas - needs increased cooldown to 12s and increased damage accordingly.
    Stealth - needs AoE damage when certain abilities are used.

No more than that.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just to be clear, are you asking for an increase on the mines auto-detonation range?
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

If it's possible, yes. Sometimes adds or bosses while i active the mines they move and i have a damage loss.
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

A range increase on the mines would bring their damage down. You can already use the mines in midrange if you use Self-Destruct Signal so I don't see the need to increase the range. Also, they self destruct automatically after 15 seconds so it's not a damage loss in boss fights if the boss stays in midrange.
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

But the range from the mines is the same of EMP Pulse? Because when i fight with Doctor Fate in WC i must always lunge.
  20. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yeah, the damage range should be equal to EMP, just the auto trigger range is melee. Melee is generally bad against Fate because he teleports all the time, but that's not something you can fix by turning all melee abilities into range abilities. Just use EMP in there or if you want it cheap, use the grenades. There's a tradeoff between range and damage so if you want the reliability of range then you have to live with lower damage.