The Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I haven't watched that one yet. My sister has and she said it was odd to follow. Did you have the same reaction?
  2. Alexios New Player

No not really. It’s confusing at times yes but i understood a lot of it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

me at any ship [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, some of the new shows/seasons have started up already. I'm eagerly waiting to sit down and watch the new season of The Dangers in my Heart, even re-watched the show this week to get ready. Neat thing is HIDIVE included an episode 12.5 for the first season. It's a bunch of shorts that are kinda neat to watch. I'll probably be doing the whole "re-watch" thing for Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki as well.

The show that I have watched so far, though? The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic. Good fun characters abound, but if there's anything that can tell you about the tone of the show, it's that one of the prominent Healers of the kingdom that the characters get isekai'ed to is such a force of will that she sends the entire royal court (even the king) into sheer and utter terror.

Yes, the healer makes everyone scared. LOL

Beyond that, the show looks really good so far to go with the good characters. Solid designs and the action seen so far is really good. It's not your typical isekai show so far, and I hope that continues.
    • Like x 1
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

welcome back Freiren cour 2, Dangers in my Heart, Tomozaki-kun, Mashle

now watching: Solo Leveling
    • Like x 2
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Finally watched the new episode of The Dangers in My Heart. Reaction?

:D

More of what made the first season great.

Now to dive back into Tomozaki and the new season of Banished From The Hero's Party.
    • Like x 2
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Watched the first episode of Banished's new season, and it's looking like the same kind of interesting balancing act they had with the first: Red's low-key life in the countryside (now with Rit and his sister Ruti) mixed with exploration of their world's Blessing system and the potential pitfalls of it (the new Hero is already raising eyebrows in the first episode). Curious to see where it goes.

What surprised me was that Tsukimichi's new season started up as well. :eek: They give a nice recap in the first episode, introduce some fun new shenanigans with the demihumans and hint at some future interactions with heroes brought from the same world as Makoto.

And I think I've found my "fluff" show of the season. LOL Hokkaido Girls Are Super Adorable! is looking to be a kinda sweet, low drama show with maybe some rom-com happening. Granted, there's more than a healthy amount of fan service centered around Minami, so I can see that being off-putting, but I liked the show and will probably keep watching.
    • Like x 2
  8. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Starting this too now
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Keep forgetting about this one, not because it was forgettable but because so much other stuff dropped and distracted me. LOL

Tales of Wedding Rings was a title I dug into a bit on Crunchyroll's manga app a while back (think that app is closed/gone now, though) so I was surprised to see it got an anime adaptation. If I had to use tags to describe it, I think "double isekai, fantasy harem show" would do it. LOL Satou and Hime first met when she and her "grandpa" arrived in our world via a magic portal, and after they both grow up to high school age Hime has to go back, so Satou follows. So fantasy and double isekai. :D

Anyhow, through a choice made by Hime, Satou becomes the Ring King, meant to fight the forces of evil in that world. And even without reading the manga beforehand, it's pretty obvious that Hime isn't going to be Satou's only wife, as all the other ladies in the opening and closing are all sporting rings as well. Well, you see them if you can look past the fan service shots of them.

I liked the manga well enough that I'm curious to see what the adaptation is going to be like.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I watched this one last night, and I’m not really following what is going on, lol.

What is Naomi’s job actually, and why are these special means out & about doing…. What exactly? I hope the next episode lays some better ground work for the story. My biggest takeaway is Rouge is powered by chocolate bars.
    • Like x 1
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I watched last night too, and I loved it. It seems like Rouge and freind are seeking out androids that are targeted for killing for something they done in the past. their job is to find and kill them.
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Quick note from this season of Dangers in my Heart.

The music, once again, is on point overall for the show. But something that caught my attention again was the opening song. Last season the opening was a solo female artist, and for about half of the opening this season it's the same. But halfway through it becomes a duet with a male voice joining in.

I think that's a great reflection of the dynamics of the show, as Kyotaro is both opening up and participating more in the relationship he's building with Anna.
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Some fun anime-adjacent stuff.

I've enjoyed watching the Cinema Therapy channel, in part for the film analysis (the acting/theater geek in me coming out) but also for the psychological analysis done on certain characters or themes from the films they look at, and it's quite a wide range of films.

They've even delved into anime films, including Your Name and A Silent Voice. But they've also hit some Ghibli films, and their latest video continues one of the host's "Ghiblification" (his term LOL) in looking at Princess Mononoke.

They've also looked at Kiki's Delivery Service, Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle as well. Curious as to what they might look at in Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

My posts on "7th Time Loop:The Villainess enjoys a carefree life married to her worst enemy" & "Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss But I'm not the Demon Lord" are missing!
    • Like x 1
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I am so loving this anime
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

They’re both so great!
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I just watched "Tales of Wedding Rings" ..... What did I just watch?! lol

It is NOT what I expected to see! In fact I think I saw too much! lol

No, just , no lol
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Why, because they didn't use the magic beams of light/clouds of steam in the bath scene? LOL

Fan service aside, I liked the manga because it wasn't your typical harem story, namely because Satou has to work and gain the trust of the various women he has to pursue. Plus the action has been decent enough for me so far, so I'm sticking with it. Totally understand it not being someone's groove, though. :)
    • Like x 1