Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Superwoman's outfit, please. At least her top - there's nothing else much like it.
    • Like x 4
  2. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Her current corset would be nice.
    • Like x 3
  3. Shadobi Level 30

1. Cheetah Skin and Hair.
    2. Martian Manhunter head design and a few variants.
    3. Other skin redone like the classic human skins. (which was so well done...give the person a raise seriously.)
    4. Alien skin with pointy ears. Arisia- Green Lantern corps
    5. Alien race designs style skins of green lantern corps. Rori Stroh, Tomar- Re or something Unique looking.
    6. Over weight body designs and Thin forms.
    7.Creature body design forms like Ch'p, Galius Zed
    • Like x 4
  4. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

I'm sure this has probably been suggested but it would be cool to have tmnt inspired bananas, karate Gis both short sleeved and long sleeved. It would also be cool to have Lobos hair.
    • Like x 1
  5. Emerald Eon New Player

a blue beetle style for a time capsule?
    • Like x 2
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd like to see the games classic styles receive enhanced versions. would love to be able to mix and match a few pieces with some of the more current enhanced styles we have in game. don't know how much work it would take but they would be perfect as style drops littered into old content...
    • Like x 1
  7. Legoman Active Player

the cw costumes
  8. Lara Committed Player

And better wonder woman style would be nice.
    • Like x 1
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I'd love to see more of the player skins retextured, particularly the fox skin. As is, we have to choose between the skin with the look we're going for (young, old, angry, cheerful) but plastic-y or one that looks good and more like a person.
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Keep dreaming. The License Holder (CW/Warner Brothers Studios) burned that bridge with Daybreak Games YEARS ago with the way they handled the Batman v Superman Swag Bags and TV Supergirl Legends Avatar. It is very highly improbable that Daybreak Games will ever again entertain the idea of licensing styles from them. In fact, it's so very highly improbable that you have a better chance of winning the jackpot in the Lottery of your choice! :p
    • Like x 1
  12. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

I'm 99 percent sure that if I haven't already suggested this someone else has but also think it's been so long since that it could use a refresher... the Aegis of Azerath hands style without the arm blades/red cloud effect.
    • Like x 1
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Hi Megzilla,

Here’s a collection of style requests related specifically to WonderWoman characters, grouped by type for easier reading. I had a friend post most of these for me a year or so ago, but since most haven't shown up in game, they seem fair to re-post! ;)

Hair:
    Donna Troy (both original and updated character models)
    Lois Lane (both original and updated character models)
    Star Sapphire (Carol Feris)
    Supergirl (updated model)
    Bombshell hairstyles without the hats, handkerchiefs, veils etc. (that don’t clip tiaras etc. without bangs to show the forehead, built in).
    Aquaman hair
    Female Researcher’s bun (man bun for male characters).
    Civilian Pigtails
    Lady Shiva’s hair (both original and updated character models)
    Superboy’s hair

Styles:
    Bombshell WonderWoman’s bracers as a separate hand style not part of the chest (similar to how the Mera and Tyrant sets are done).
    Donna Troy classic plain body suit without cosmic VFX.
    Donna Troy classic plain boots.WonderGirl (Donna Troy) inspired plain red (w. stars) 80s-90s body suit.
    Vixen’s body suit.
    Wonder Woman feminum bracelets. Lynda Carter 70's inspired slim bracelet as a separate hand style.

Existing Style Variants:
    Break up the Noble Warrior set (create a chest slot variant essentially) into a separate chest piece and separate bracers as hands pieces. (similar to how the Mera and Tyrant sets are done)
    Break up the Themysciran battle suit chest (create variants essentially) into a separate chest piece and separate bracers as hands pieces. (similar to how the Mera and Tyrant sets are done)
    Break up the Ancient Amazon Noble chest (create variants essentially) into a separate chest piece and separate bracers as hands pieces. (similar to how the Mera and Tyrant sets are done)
    Cruel Locks hair variant — longer and fuller in the back. Similar to the hair that comes out of caps and hats but with the top of Cruel Locks.

New Standalone Styles:
    lasso wrapped around waist as a belt (similar to the “whip belt” style) w & w/o lasso hoop hanging at side. preferably emissive to match the lasso of truth VFX.
    Circlets (simple basic thin and thicker versions) head styles.
    Lasso/Lariat hanging at the side of the body as a waist style (similar to the Riddler set waist style)
    Simple V-shaped Amazon style belt with a built in lasso at the side as a waist style.
    Wonder Woman logo t-shirt. The only iconic without one! [IMG]

New Iconic Themes:
    Wonder Girl iconic set based on season 2 Young Justice (athletic wear/tshirt/runners).

New Materials:
    Dark, medium and light blue denim
    Leather
    Lasso of truth. Gold and lightly emissive to match the in game power. (blue variant for Wonder Girl optional)
    • Like x 5
  14. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Didn't go through all 284 pages to see if this has been mentioned before, but the Amazons on Themyscira's hairstyles like the pulled back ponytail with the braid. Seems to me several of them would accommodate most of the head styles in the game as well collar styles.

Also, Fatality's look as an alternate to Heart of the Predator - I know we have her gloves but the rest of the look. The Star Sapphires don't get a lot of love in the game even though they are every bit as valid as the rest of the Lantern Corps.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ascended Well-Known Player

Has anyone suggested hair styles as a "Head" item instead of going in the "Hair" slot?

I'm sure somebody has. Heck, maybe I already have. But that'd be a real simple and easy way to get new haircuts into the game and still allow male players to customize their facial hair.

You couldn't mix that with a crown or something, but we'd still be able to use the "Face" slot for masks, and this seems like a low impact way to provide flexibility with facial hair. Besides, if you're rocking a shiny new haircut you don't want to cover that up with a hat, right?

And I wouldn't argue against an original style again either. I feel like the last time we had a DCUO unique style was when the anniversary event introduced the exobyte origin costume and that's been....a couple years maybe? Think it's time Meg and the rest of the design team got to do their own thing instead of adapting someone else's design.

But y'all know I still want that Mr. Terrific mask and Naomi style too. :D

Do titles count as a style? I'd like to see some more "Of hometown" titles, like how we have "Of Atlantis" and "Of The Phantom Zone" and "Of Gotham." Locations like Central City, Coast City, Mars, Gorilla City, the 5th Dimension, Zur-en-arrh, 31st Century, Rann, Qward, Oa, Mogo, Ranx, the Magic Lands, Dinosaur Island, Infinity Island, etc.
    • Like x 2
  16. Legoman Active Player

Water weapon styles would be nice as well as more staff styles (specifically tridents).
  17. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Nubia's hairstyle, please, with 3 different lengths: shoulder (current), waist-length, and nape of neck short. It would be nice to have the other Wonder Women styles available, especially the different leg styles (shorts, pants, skirts).

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Ascended Well-Known Player

Had an idea last night.

Comic Ages styles. Golden Age, Silver Age, 90's Age (what is that, the Iron Age?), maybe a "Cinematic Age" where the style is made with a movie sensibility in mind, I dunno. Seems to me that you can pull a few different styles from this; pulp, art deco, 90's extremism, etc., and DC is the original comic universe, they've been around for all of it. Could be a fun way to celebrate DC's history and we have the DCUO ten year anniversary coming up....figured something like this might be fitting, a celebration of DC's eighty-odd year history. :D

And how about a style based on the Monitors? We've got Anti-Monitor gear already, but how about Nix Uotan, the Super Judge? Or Harbinger from Crisis on Infinite Earths? I'm a sucker for those higher dimensional being, cosmic god type styles, so anything from the New Gods or Monitor space would be welcome.

Oh, how about some stuff from WildStorm? There's some cool styles there and some popular characters. And as I understand it the legal issues between DC and Milestone are resolved, so is there any chance of a Icon style to go with our Static one?

Oh, and I agree with getting Nubia's hair from the new promo image; that'd get me one step closer to a Naomi style (which, for reals, Naomi seems like her costume was *made* for this game!)
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I feel obligated to point out that Materials CAN be applied to weapons, so you can apply any water-themed Materials you might have to whatever weapon you want! ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Reported and putting you on my Ignore/Block List. Get a clue! :mad:
    • Like x 1