Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Sure they are similar but not the same. Stalwart defender has the neck covered. If existing styles negate ever using any other styles for it we shouldn't have gotten bionic nor armored detective
  2. Oueen Mera New Player

Meg, are we ever going to get Mera's hair to go with the crown?
    • Like x 2
  3. FaeBelle New Player

4. Eve YouTuber

The outfit Empress Shayera is wearing here :D and her hairstyle.
    This was also her suit in the Justice league animated series and it will be extremely cool to see in game!
    also make the circle on her chat possible to put any emblem on...

[IMG]
  5. X13-KING Well-Known Player

I'd like to get a chest and legs style set similar to costumes worn by Vulko in the "Aquaman" movie and king Nereus in the comics with some inspiration taken from Aquaman's original in-game armor.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. X13-KING Well-Known Player

One style set I'd love to see as the Halloween equivalent to the "Absolute Zero" set is one based on Andrea Beaumont's Phantasm costume from 1993's "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm" animated movie. To me and many others, Andrea's Phantasm is such an iconic character that has sadly gotten so little love over the years. A style set like this could help to change that. Given how the Dev's team was able to take the cheesiness of Captain Cold's costume and turn it into such a cool looking style sat like "Absolute Zero". I have on doubt they can do so much better with Andrea's Phantasm. Especially if they give the enhanced/elite version effects similar to the "Cloak of Shadows" and/or the "Tattered Cloak of Corruption" back styles.

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. DinahLance Level 30

A ''rockstar'' inspired style maybe? It would be a great addition
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

Do you also come with magic wands? I need a few collections produced out of thin air.
  9. NIckNock Well-Known Player

/golfclap These styles

10. IIGhostKillzII New Player

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...tMarvel.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110124112139
    Can we please get a Shazam cape style exactly like the one he has in game it’s such a nice looking cape with the release of his movie coming soon they should also add some Shazam new 52 styles and emblems just have the same energy you guys did for aquaman when his movie came out for Shazam my favorite superhero deserves some love.
    • Like x 1
  11. Brit Loyal Player

I have finally found a good image of the type of wings I want to see, exampled on a licensed DC product. This is a rear view of the Kingdom Come Blue Beetle action figure. It demonstrates perfectly what I want to see that current insect style wings are lacking.

Wings out for flying.
    [IMG]

Wings laying down when standing or walking.
    [IMG]

You already do this with the various bird wings and movement-enabled robot wings in the game; they curl in when not in use and they spread and flap when you fly. I just want a similar behaving insect wings. Something that lays down when not in use, to give that sort of carapace look, and then spreads to be wings when we fly or glide. Like a beetle.

The single most famous insect inspired DC character is hands down Blue Beetle. There have been 3 different characters to carry the mantle for extended periods of time. There have been over 100 issues of his own solo book, not counting the hundreds of issues he appeared in as a member of the Justice League, Teen Titans, Young Justice, and the classic Blue & Gold.

Blue Beetle isn't just some obscure random character who appears on a couple of panels, some supporting cast member who drops in for an issue every couple of years, or some strange alternate universe character that is relatively new and has no real history or following. You are talking about a main cast member of several of DC's top teams, both in a group setting and in solo books, that DC has been hyping enough that he appears in Cartoon Shows, Live Action television programming, and the DC video games (except for this one apparently). Jaime Reyes is arguably the most famous Latin-American superhero in comics today, and one of the rare mantle changes which resulted in the newer version being even more popular than the original.

But most importantly, for DCUO, it gives us an insect style that works with the slimlines and spandex, instead of being a huge robotic suit with vaguely insect themes to it. It is a sad, sad day when a DC game has an easier time re-making Spiderman than it does Blue Beetle.
    • Like x 2
  12. Megzilla Developer

I have it on my requested list, not sure if it is in the pipeline to convert to player hair.
    I feel like you're just trying to rephrase Black Canary LOL ;)
    Thanks for the ref! I really want a blue beetle style as well!
    • Like x 4
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i just want to take the time to congratulate the team on the wings of glitter ;). they look amazing.
    • Like x 1
  14. DinahLance Level 30

Oopsie,you got me! :D
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

See, DC Comics is being VERY restrictive on allowing the use of Superman's likeness lately. Just look at the restrictions placed on giving us an official Superman 80th Anniversary Emblem! The Devs are unlikely to be able to give us the full Superman Costume from any era due to how restrictive DC Comics is being with the rights to the character.

BUT... the Devs could sneak it in by calling it ULTRAMAN'S Costume, but making it so the Emblem is a separate piece (NOT a permanent part of it like on the Owlman Chest Style) so that when you apply the Superman 80th Anniversary Emblem, PRESTO-CHANGO, now you've got a Superman Costume! Add the Superman/House of El Cape and you're good to go! :D

Make the Emblem Mesh even LARGER than on the Stalwart Defender Chest, so that it can be as large as in the Ultraman image you posted, and people will be quite pleased! :cool:

We already have, in the game, Ultraman's Emblem and his Ultra-Kryptonian Cape (the gods only know how long it'll take me to get my hands on it) so it sure would be nice to give my Ultraman the rest of his actual costume, instead of this Nu 52 Superman hand-me-down!

[IMG]

;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Volle Active Player

Culd you add UltraMan's Belt and Boots to game aswell? [IMG] And i wuld love to see the villainous H’el added to game and the waist style of him culd be use for allot of cool hero and villains costumes. krypton house symbols is somthing i realy want for emblems.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I have to agree with you there for my toons I want them inspired by the legends but not a clone of them. So I want a krytonian slimline ala superman as alot of the supermanesque characters have similar slimline styles with differing emblems belts and boots so my superdoom character can have that chest with the huge emblem and whatever I rename his earth 3 counterpart can have an original but still inspired by look
    • Like x 2
  18. AV Loyal Player

I'd like to see more effects/auras similar to that of the Quicksuit back piece, but for the whole body.
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Meg, I know you’ve already given your answer on the Stormwatch emblem. That you’d see what you could do.
    I don’t like that color scheme but the emblem still looks cool I think. You know, in case a better shot would influence anyone’s decision. :)
    Just ignore the guy in the foreground. Henry Bendix isn’t worth the time. Lol
    [IMG]
  20. Crn Well-Known Player

Red Lantern Guy Gardner from the New 52, that costumer looks dope AF[IMG]
    • Like x 2