Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. DesertMP New Player

Honestly, the frist thing that comes to mind about Base Items is more certain type items in the same room--i.e. amenities. It'd be nice to have a work/project room in my lair. A room where I have my workstation, R&D vendor, bank, respec station, sparring target, and soder vendor all together next to each other. It gets tedious having to change levels or go across the lair to get things.
    I know I should've done more research before I did it. but, I saw the brainiac and Atlantean lairs with the extra room and thought GREAT!!. So, get out the credit card, buy some Daybreak Cash go to Marketplace, get a Deed and the Brainiac Lair. Nope, can't put all the amenities in the extra room either. Ugh.
    • Like x 1
  2. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

With almost 10 years in and over 3,000 base items, I would like to see the 500 piece cap on bases increased! It's time. There are all these great items you produce but my base is capped! There's room. C'mon, please!? Pretty, pretty please!??
    • Like x 4
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think taking all the new skins created for cats and dogs and using them as base pets we can name would be fun.

i would even throw in the gorillas.
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i still want a disco ball.
  5. UltraDCFan Level 30

We need some kind of 'Master Armory' machine where we can assign the other armories to groups that inherit the setup.

Right now I have about 8 armories, mainly because I'm a nut for styles. But these also carry my gear loadouts, and every time I make a single change in gear or whatever, I have to run around and update each one manually. Not too ideal.

I love this game but there's too much redundancy in too many things and this is one of them. How about some kind of Master Armory that we can purchase that doesn't even act like an armory itself, but rather like a central 'hub' to our other armories.

I can then load my armor loadout to this master and make a list of custom groups that I assign the other armories to. For example, let's just pretend that I have 6 armories with different styles but the same DPS loadout that I want to assign to this group and I name it 'DPS Group 1'. And by simply clicking the button on the hub armory, it updates the others assigned to that group so I don't have to run around manually updating them.

Let's say for another 3 armories that are my tank loadouts, I assign them to a group I call 'Tank Group 1', and voila, those 3 armories also update their armor and other loadouts to what I want them to be with the push of a button from this 'Master Hub Armory'.

Thanks for considering :)
    • Like x 2
  6. UltraDCFan Level 30

Having to constantly clean out our inventories from useless items is completely annoying, and bogs down the potential enjoyment of the game.

I would love to see you guys implement some kind of 'machine' that we buy in the Market Place that has a list of every possible item in game that auto-sells unwanted items.

If I no longer want to go through the trouble of having to sell off useless junk items such as 'gorilla adapter parts' (just making up an example) I can select a new option on this item or from the master list of game items to automatically sell it off the moment I collect it.

Ideally there would be a list with each item that we could either check or uncheck to perform this automatic function, and it would work for everything from junk items, and even to gear, should we put those things in this list.

Also, a good upgrade to this would (also for Market Place money) would be the ability to automatically salvage gear etc.
  7. UltraDCFan Level 30

And finally, the inventory is still a complete mess. You guys have added and improved many things since I was away for a handful of years, and I love to see them and hope to keep seeing these improvements. But despite the 'auto sorter' option in our inventory, it's still a complete joke if I'm to be honest on this one.

First of all, there's absolutely no logical order on how things organize, as 'feet' items appear before 'head items' etc. To me it would make sense that our inventories are organized like the body of a person, with head items first, then chest, arms, hands, waist, legs, feet, I think you guys get it. But here we see feet before chest, before head etc.

That's just the first issue.

The second is the lack of being able to organize our inventories so that they're easy to see and discern what's what.

You guys want to sell rows of inventory slots right? I've purchased many.

But why not give us rows we can buy that are made specifically for different pieces of gear?

What if in the Market Place I could buy another row of inventory slots, only this time designed specifically to only hold pieces of gear for head, and another purchasable row that holds chest items only, and so on.

Ideally when I 'auto-organize' my inventory, they would organize themselves not only in their appropriate sections of rows, but from left to right with strongest to weakest.

Oh and if somebody says "Well what happens when we have too many pieces of head gear to fit in the designated head row". Easy, you either buy another row that automatically stacks underneath it, or by default when that section is full the rest go to the default inventory as they do now. Nobody is forcing people to buy these, but I know many of us would love to have them!

Now a major improvement to this would be if we could specify rows for each role according to how we wanted (something like a drop-down menu option for that row perhaps) so that my first row of head gear can be designated to only hold DPS gear, and my second row designated to only carry whatever my chosen role is, which is tank in my case. And still if I wanted yet another row I could designate it as PVP DPS or PVP Role head pieces etc.

Looking at this model and pretending I've purchased 4 rows that hold head pieces only, I could specify what these rows hold (DPS, Role, PVP DPS, PVP Role) and go back and change these options at any time I want.

For example,
    For the first row of Head-Piece items I select PVE - DPS, and now only these types of head pieces go into this row.

For the second row of Head-Pieces items I choose PVE - Tank, etc.

Row three I can choose PVP - DPS and on and on. No limit but good options that would help us tremendously!

The ability to specify what types of gear we want in an inventory row made for specific pieces of gear (choosing DPS only or Role only, or PVP... and from some kind of drop-down option for that row) might be a little complex to implement. So if it's too much just go with the basic option of giving us the ability to make inventories that have rows designated for certain pieces of gear that we can buy, regardless of that piece's actual role. At least then we'd only see head-pieces with head pieces. Chest with chest. Arms with arms, separated and away from being buried in all the other junk that goes into our inventory.

But right now the inventory is still a complete mess and joke. It's a complete eyesore, and it's very annoying headache having to have all my gear bunched up altogether the way it is, while being surrounded by all kinds of other endless stuff we pick up in our inventories along the way.

I love this game. I love what you devs continue to bring us! But to still be this far behind on something as simple as inventory organization means we're lacking on this one thing that needs severe updating and options for organizing.

I know you guys are busy with all kinds of things. But I truly hope we'd see something like this soon because the way it is now (and always has been) feels archaic to say the least.

Thanks dudes! Shane | UltraKim | MPA
  8. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

What I personally would like, as a base object? To answer this, I would not think a base object, but a relooking of the structure of the base that in 2020/2021 (I imagine rather 2021) we are finally a base without a ceiling in a window, detail probably designed by a drunk team that day, this in order to be able to replace the default windows, by a base object type "window" or other, I am even of the opinion thought that there are too many windows for the same area.
    Perhaps also, imagined one or more different organization of the rooms for the "big" player base, the Atlantean base proves that this is possible.

and finally, we proposed more basic theme, the universe of DC is vast very vast we can still imagine many things, the "Atlantean" theme is beautiful, this proves once again, that it is possible to have other ideas of theme is possible, it could moreover refresh the game shop with a basic theme tab.
  9. Athéna37 New Player

Can we have an update from base and armories, base and league hall please. We can have 16 armore in base but using only 4 now with all artefact, pvp, dps preci or might, role we can make lot of different sp/load out. It can be realy usefull to have more of 4 armore active. 6/8 active armore will be realy great.
    - 3 Dps (1 for body to body, 1 for distance solo target, 1 for distance multi target)
    - 1 hybride role
    - 2 PVP (1 for role, 1 for damage)
    - 2 for role with different load out and artefacts
    And i think we can find more sp and load out if you play might and preci on the same character.
    Preci can use different weapon and might different load out

Then can we put white mod of gear in armories and not on stuff because with head/neck/back mod we need everytime to switch mod on gear if we have different load out/sp on different amore for the same role. Its realy a waste of time. When a new dlc is on, its same problem we need to put at every new stuff looted the white mod, so can be great to put thoses mod on armories.

And acolyte of base need to have the same cool down of little pet like boo. We need an update for item base and league hall for put more items too.
  10. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

practical items i can interact with. My base feels like a barren wasteland
  11. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

I have a few things...

More main hero/villain artifacts:
    Displayed nicely! I was excited about Dr. Fate's helmet until I saw the display case it was in. It's too bulky and techy looking. I want something tasteful, like a granite slab (Amazonian Altar) that has the piece displayed on it.

More base/lair pals:
    How about a "regular" dog (I feel like I've stolen hero/villain pets w/Krypto, Wonder Dog, and Isis)

How about a "jailed up" prisoner for villains and a "captured" demon/creature for heroes

How about nice tasteful windows the exact size of the base/lair windows (Gothic lair for instance). That you can fit over the static ones to bring some "life" to the base. That Gothic Club Window is beautiful but even with as long as it is it's still too short to fit over the drab static one that is downstairs near the staircase.
    • Like x 2
  12. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

13. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

You can never have enough beach stuff!
    Beach umbrellas (in iconic color schemes)
    add more sandpiles and beach blankets for heroes and villains (or better yet, make a tentacle and emblem friendly blank
    volley ball net
    lifeguard chairs
    more sandcastles
    surfboards
    ocean wallpaper
    [IMG]868105664 by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Dive lair skins of pre existing base styles.

The way I imagine it all of my characters lairs are connected to each other and are all parts located in my leagues hall. some of my characters are kids and wouldn't have so much spac r so many rooms to themselves. tthe size of the dive lair is just right...but its also a dive. i know i can work things to make the look less dingy...but i woud also like to make the look like theyre connected to a larger space. if anything could we just get dive sized lairs of the og goth and deco styles skins.

we need more deeds per character. even an increase of four to five.

more placement in lairs and league halls.

some content that can involve our lair and league halls again.

still wishing for a disco ball.
    • Like x 2
  15. sweetbabysabes Active Player

Someone mentioned this already I believe, but wanted the ceiling and walls to be changed. I for one would love to see my hero/villain base meet that power. For instance, I have a celestial dps/healer. I would love to choose a setting for my roof. I can't remember the name off hand, but I bought the star void thing we got from 15 capsules. I had to get about 15 of them to place on the ceiling. Would be nice to have the option to open that up and have it look like one big star system, instead of overlapping the items. The walls and stuff are covered with webs, cacoons etc, but the roof and floors are hard to match, and make the way I like them. Even if I had to take a themed room for this. Like a halloween setting or something. Hellscape, lava base but have the extended rooms like we do with braniac or atlantean rooms. Lastly, I need to be able to take the columns off cuz they get in the way of some of my items, and/or we should be able to pay like a reset fee with skill points to design the room the way we want. All one big open room, 2 floors, platforms,
  16. Caroline Dedicated Player

It'd be awesome if we could get these ones next summer season:

1. https://ibb.co/wd9LHfP - These tiles in the Vault look awesome and I think would be a great idea as a base item!

2. https://ibb.co/HNz7s0m - This hanging ceiling thing but in a smaller version, it's so pretty!

3. https://ibb.co/3C3L2wt - Atlantean window

4. https://ibb.co/t4j8SBR - Window on the ceiling

5. https://ibb.co/XFZ62Db - I dream for this pool for years now! It's gonna be sooo amazing if we had it as a base item + we interact with it <3
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Really loving the Treeline base item from the summer seasonal. The new summer base items are spot on as usual.

the flowing water from the spring seasonal was impressive as well. I would love some running streams to compliment them. Some of the flowing lava pools and streams would work if the lava could be reworked as water...
    • Like x 1
  18. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  19. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Constantine base amenity to buy catalyst.
    • Like x 1
  20. sweetbabysabes Active Player

this is for sure a must have in the base. Hate having to travel to WT just to get things from him. maybe they could add him to base as a summoned pet with interaction! That would be cool