Tank aggro

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Cryo boy, May 28, 2018.

1. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Does Dominance still hold the same effect? I ask as I'm an Ice Tank with 2,852 Dominance but was Unable to keep Ra's Al Ghul's attention. Yes He did spend a good portion of the fight focused on me but not all of it.

For a Tier 3 Alert (League of Assassins Stronghold) with a recommended Dominance of 419 I would think the bosses would be focused on me 100% of the time. Event the sub bosses changed focuses seemingly arbitrarily.
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Just read the thread man lol
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Dominance does not, nor has it ever affected aggro. There are many bosses that are scripted to leave the tank, Ras is one.
    Dominance affects shields, CC and Tank heals. That's it.
    • Like x 3
  4. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Learned something new, thank you TheLorax.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When it says "Recommended Dominance", it's the threshold of how effective a pull, stun or capture will be on enemies. You don't have to use a pull to get an enemy's attention. NPCs will aim for the tank as soon as he uses ANY power (shield, heal, pull, etc.) regardless of how high or low his dom is.
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

The whole 8/12 thing is floating around because back when the game was new, several tanks got together to test it. We found that an aggro move lasts 12 seconds. Cast one power, in 12 seconds, aggro will drop. The 8 seconds comes from the time period when you can refresh the aggro. Cast a power, you'll have aggro. Cast a second power at 7 seconds, your aggro will drop in 5 seconds...the original 12 second timer.

Now this was year one stuff. I'm not sure that anyone has ever sat down and done the testing again, especially after revamp. It could very well be a whole other ballgame. I never bothered with it because for all practical purposes, you'll be casting powers enough that you won't be dropping. I've only ever had to pay attention to it in rare situations where a troller drops, the boss is almost dead, and we go for it and I'm trying to hyper-conserve power.
    • Like x 1