Tank aggro

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Cryo boy, May 28, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Correct

Well I say that with the caveat of I've usually used another tank power like a pull or something anyway around the same time as HL shield and haven't lost aggro either way
  2. |The 3rror Committed Player

no such thing as aggro when getting npc like stompa,mad harriet, or the cancerous batwoman(from Sm) lol
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

The description always used to be "whenever you use a Tank power", which is ambiguous. Is it a power used by a Tank, or a power form a Tank powerset? Why not describe it as "whenever a Tank uses a power", otherwise? Certainly, when the Iconics were used in the old Fire Tanking set, they were for pulls and Shields missing from the core power loadout, not to draw crowd Aggro - and neither drew Aggro anyway. It looks like the revamp has maybe thrown up a corner case that only testing can answer.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

They have aggro (the tanks) there are just scripted attacks :p
    Oh and with correct positioning they won't EVER jump into the group and stay at the tanks :)

Yes even non-damaging skills will gain aggro once you're in tankrole. So cycling shields as icetank will maintain aggro without any issue.
    The difference is that a singletarget taunt will override the multitarget taunt.

Aggro needs to be refreshed every 12 seconds I think. Proxy said something about 8, but I think it is 12 (but not 100% sure there).

But that even worked like that before the revamp.
    I think the range from using those non-damaging powers is around mid-range (or a bit less).
    Oh and aggro has nothing to do with dominance (incanse some players in content throw that at you)
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What do you mean? Dominance affects how much resto you have which supercharges your vit so you can power heal enough to grab aggro. Every serious player knows that.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah to be honest I've not actually bothered to sit there and test 8 v 12 seconds it's quite possibly 12 seconds, chances are you're using a power a little more frequently than 12 seconds anyway, but yeah going by either or isn't really a bad plan ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

No everyone knows that now they got rid of "Initimidating Gaze" from the iconic powers tree no one has aggro and that's what leads to bosses like Black Canary.
    • Like x 1
  8. useless Well-Known Player

i believe Tilz is wright,dominance has nothing to do how you generate aggro,it increases certain defense and healing abilities and needs to be higher than enemy willpower/defence so you can use controling abilities like stun,knock down...or i'm wrong ?
    • Like x 1
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

That post you are referring to is kinda more like a joke/sarcasm.

Yes you're right. Dom is for stuns/pulls/certain heals/shields.
    • Like x 4
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's kind of an inside joke here on the forums that Dom=Aggro.
    • Like x 3
  11. useless Well-Known Player

oh didnt see it,didnt know Shark is such a joker ...just starting using my fire tank so was affraid i got something mixed up...
    • Like x 1
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Inside joke on the forums, persistent believed-to-be-true myth in game with a lot of people.
    • Like x 1
  13. L T Devoted Player

All shields work the same now in the sense that they absorb a certain level of damage before they break regardless of how many hits the damage gets done over. Some shields absorb more total damage than others, but it's always some multiplier x 30% of Dominance + 25% of Restoration.

All abilities taunt, even Iconic ones. Even movement ones. The taunt radius is roughly 12m. When you use a ranged ability other than a single target taunt, all targets around the main one you hit are also taunted. I believe that radius is 12m also.
    • Like x 3
  14. BumblingB I got better.

You mean it's not?! My world is a LIE! All this time I thought me stacking Dom kept my aggro up and hitting a weapon combo helps strengthen it.
    • Like x 4
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

OK, Thanks - I was not aware of that.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Also in tank role your Dom is increased, so when you're battle tanking, make sure you do it in DPS role, so that the other DPS share the aggro, that way you'll do more damage if the boss is moving between DPS.
    • Like x 1
  17. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

HL shield and Amazonian Deflection has damage mitigation as regular shields. They also give ice armor. OK to consider if want an extra shield, the iconic shields are a fallback because they have long cooldown and high power cost compare to the regulars. Amazon deflection locks you in animation so HL is better if you want a fourth. Usually put that where you want survivability. Barrage of strong hits, late heals...in elite/SM...etc. For that kind of survival tank loadout; can consider a SC like ice giant or hibernation for emergency. Another option is to supplement with personal dampening shields consumbales if the regular shields broke or got rotated too early (bridge the gap until reg shields off cooldown).
  18. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Amazonian deflection seems to suck. Anyone else have an opinion on it? At first I thought the animation just went away quickly but last night I noticed damage coming thru veru quickly compared to my other shields. Shatter restraints seemed to last as long or longer with the group breakout as a plus.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, but what if I'm Hard Light tanking in controller gear in dps stance. Since you know, they have Dom too.
    • Like x 1
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

There is a thing called proximity aggro though. Ares has it, Stompa has it. Harriet and Batwoman only have scripted attacks and after them, they just walk back to the tank (unless this tanks taunt expires first)

Amazonian Deflection is one of - if not the - strongest shield. It's just that if you move or get pushed, you go out of block, and that way also out of AD. It needs the right timing but if you play it correctly, it can save your bum :)
    • Like x 1