Test Discussion Swimming

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That explains so many duos Lol
    • Like x 8
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

edit*

I've said my piece about swimming, my feedback is known on this issue and there are thousands that have watched my video on the issue and agreed with my feedback.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Honestly, just doing away with the block on armory switching while in a transformed state is the best solution. It's been overdue in other areas already and the swimming problem is an ideal opportunity to get rid of it once and for all.
    • Like x 2
  4. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Yet 100% of my alts have at least 2.
    • Like x 3
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Not in Atlantis.
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Thank you for making the necessary steps to making this work for everyone.

I think the next best course of action would be to allow us to switch armories but with only the loadouts/gear. This would only work while in swimming and if players wish to have a full armory transformation then they would only do so in the air bubbled areas. I'm not sure if that is possible but just a thought.
  7. Maxwill Committed Player

MAYBE that is true, but for sure it isn't true about the endgame players.At least 90% of the endgame players use at least 2 armories.And guess from which players comes the most income for this game...
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I just wanted to say too, Mepps, the swimming in open world has to remain at all cost, taking away the swimming from open world would completely and utterly ruin any immersion felt with this particular DLC.

My view on open world is that you can simply be in your desired set up before you even enter the place, there really isn't a requirement for armory changes in there, any suggestion that there is would be beyond stretching reasonableness.

I was actually very pleased with my experience in open world Atlantis, it's probably the most impressed I've been with an environment in this game for a long long time.

Despite the issue with the armories I would encourage you to retain this at all cost.
    • Like x 7
  9. SilkyPawz Bunny

This^^^^ Please keep the swimming in the Open World.

Even Bunnies like to swim.. LoL

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I also have to wonder, if the elite content is dificult enough based on its own merit and people are concerned about a "forced wipe" at 10% because a support role dies and no one can switch perhaps the solution in just this atlantis content is to increase the death counter.

Give everyone an extra life, if you're then out of the game because you've died three times you probably don't deserve to pass.

Just a thought.
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

All these band-aid solutions make me sad. :(. It is obvious from the beautiful city of Atlantis and the content that the Developers didn't just whip this up over night. They put some serious work into it, I just wish they would have thought to address the Armory situation as well during the process.
    • Like x 4
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Wow! Please thank the team for the quick work, Mepps, I know you guys are probably in crunch time pre-release, but I think this was a good compromise. Thanks again.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I don't see it as a band aid solution, I just see it as a solution. ;)

It's about whether the solution works, nothing else.
    • Like x 2
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree with everything here 100%. And before people totally lose their minds over something that's pretty cool and essential to the entire episode, remember a few points:

1. We're talking about 1 raid. Not every inch of every instance.
    2. Even this 1 raid, the only problem that hypothetically may cause problems is DURING boss fights. So.. elite. That's it.
    3. The devs haven't adjusted the difficulty of elite yet for this content, likely for this very reason.
    4. Players are constantly crying for more difficult content, yet cry if they have to run 2 of each role?!!! Lol. Think of this issue like an extra mechanic for this 1 raid out of the entire game.

So, prior to this emergency bubble fix? Yep, huge problem. After the bubbles? People sound like a kid one their way to get their immunity boosters. If not there's always the other raid to run if it's too much of a problem.

Let me ask this, would everyone rather have Atlantis content that looks stunning and feels special and different, with this non game-breaking inconvenience? Or another Spindrift Station raid, walking around indoors?

I think the bubble is a great fix that's a nice compromise between both.
    • Like x 4
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to be clear, we considered it thoroughly, what was feasible for us to accomplish, and whether or not the drawbacks were worth being able to swim.
    • Like x 4
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Why is adding a Bubble a Bandaid solution?

Seriously, this is the problem of why the developers will never give you guys any hard or different content. It's always ruined if it hurts your precious 1-1-1-5 setups.

In my eyes, making it to where you need to grab a bubble if you want to switch your armory is actually a good thing; and it rewards player knowledge.

It's also different too, because in every other single raid in the game that DCUO has. You can switch armory builds without an issue, you can get someone to go tank, or go healer, or go DPS without an issue. Now they made immediately switching to a support role a little bit more knowledgeable based in this raid, and folks are losing their dang minds over it.

Seriously, this is another example of where the developers are trying something different with their content and as usual because it's different... You guys have your pitchforks out and are crying a-foul until they make it to where they either remove the swimming mechanic or you can just instantly swap armories without any issues.

Here's an idea guys....

How about give this setup a Chance before you grab your pitchforks and undo a concept that may actually make the raid really interesting and unique and good to play?

Thank you.
    • Like x 4
  17. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

On the contrary, I applaud the devs for trying new and different approaches with content. It's a great way to freshen up a seven-year-old game. However, new gameplay aspects need to be considered holistically-- how will they affect gameplay overall? How do players, especially endgame players play? What purchases have players made to augment their characters and will those be adversely affected by this new gameplay wrinkle?

Again, it is truly awesome that there are new gameplay paths being tried out. But new shouldn't be mutually exclusive with compatible with day-to-day gameplay. As it is, Swimming is at odds with how armory users play the game.
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Actually I'm not sure if this is as big of a deal in the long run.

I totally understand everyone in this thread asking for a permanent option to change armories.

I also see Atlantis as an underwater world and as such it has restrictions. I like the idea of Air Bubbles, as long as they are in all boss rooms as well. I don't mind that we need to "swim" to them to change. I see it as some part of mechanic.

Same goes for some (minor) restrictions. I agree that Mental and Gadgets use Stealth on a regular basis but if I have to decide whether I want to use my Stealth or immersively swim in the content, I would take the latter one.
    • Like x 4
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hey here’s a thought guys just don’t die during boss fights I mean y’all are always saying this game is the easiest thing ever right? ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

Im certainly envisioning an air bubble in that room for a quick armory change but would probably get abused somehow. But really we had Armories for the first 3 years and we got by fine. Sure Armories are now the staple but they are more or less used by those who run 1 of each Support Role and its a complacency that is getting turned upside in this regard. It was always a safety net thats now no longer there and folks dont know what to do which the answer is obvious, just run with a Second Support. Armories can still be used with these Bubbles they are working on so the usage is still doable. You just cant do it in combat (at least until we see how they implement this) and its shown now that Armories are a crutch but I still acknowledge they be clutch too. Its an episode that is changing how we face content. Folks wanted Support Roles to matter and facing this content, facing this one raid will get players to change how they play and be more reliant on themselves as players and not "oh if i screw up Bill can just switch Armories and take care of it". That same thought could also be, just get Bill to run Support from the get go.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.