Test Discussion Swimming

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Agreed completely.

I give huge props to the team for trying something so new with Swimming but the implementation and ramifications of it feel not fully thought out :(
    • Like x 2
  2. PunkGeekFuse New Player

I feel that the biggest concern with swimming, which has been stated before, is the switching of the armories in the raid. The open world (and possibly the solo if you que in as your support role) could be annoying but it's not impossible to get around it. It adds about 1 min of time to warp to base/wt, switch armory and warp back to Atlantis. It's not the end of the world!

I don't know if this is feasible, but what if in the crown of thorns raid give Mera or Orm a prompt (which can be used any time in the raid) where they make a bubble/air pocket similar to the one in the Spindrift Station in the last boss fight, which if a player stood inside it takes away the swimming transformation and let's us switch armories in there. Since these 2 are with us throughout the raid it would allow us players the chance to switch any time in the raid.

Swimming is awesome and I do not want to see you remove it from the content, as I feel it makes sense where it was added. It could use some fine tuning, but overall I do still like it.
    • Like x 3
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

Players are always asking for the old days, go, we have them. I kidd, imo swimming should be disabled. The devs tried to give the players what they were asking for, but couldn't quite pull it off. Adds in open world and stuck in whatever role you que in some content is just a hassle. Thx for the effort, but plz take the swimming mechanics out
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

It is a hassle. Warping back and forth is really inconvenient. Especially if you have multiple alts. Alts are a time sink as it is. the extra time might seem small to players without alts, but trust it's a big deal. Warping and chasing adds in open world or waiting for them to swim back up is not worth the novelty mechanic.
    • Like x 2
  5. L T Devoted Player

It's not quite that bad. You can use armories in the alert at least. I believe it's just one of the raids that's really an issue.
    • Like x 1
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Not sure if anyone got you the answer to this yet man but no. As an example, you can not switch armories when using the Joker Jetpack if your normal movement mode is Super-Speed or Acrobatics. I just tried to see.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The Swimming form is enabled for the whole of the Crown of Thorns raid. The Throne raid starts off with Swimming being enabled and eventually switches back to the player's usual movement mode.

The armory issue has been a gigantic inconvenience so far for raiding. If you queue up for either new raid while doing Atlantis content, you can't switch roles before or right after queuing into the content. If someone is in the wrong form when they spawn into the instance, they have to exit out, switch, and be reinvited. I saw one instance where a person left the raid without saying anything. The group initially thought they had rage quit and invited someone else. Turned out the original person had left to swap roles. That was incredibly awkward. It didn't help the replacement was in the wrong role when they spawned into the instance. If you need someone to swap roles in mid-fight, someone has to die so they can use a bug to switch armories. If your battle plan for Crown of Thorns requires someone to swap roles without dying, you're out of luck. If you need two people to swap roles before a boss fight in Crown of Thorns, they both have to exit out and be reinvited. My experience for that situation has been that people often go AFK while the role swapping is taking place and you can't reinvite the people back in because the AFKers aren't around to vote for the reinvite.

Those have just been my experiences so far.
    • Like x 3
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

remove the swimming part from instances and should be good enough... saving time on ur end.
  9. L T Devoted Player

I think what they need to do for the raids is make a floor area like in the villain grodd mission that gets rid of your form change when you step on it.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you everyone for the continued feedback.

We have prototyped an "air bubble" we can place around Atlantis and at key points in the instances. Walking into the air bubble will knock you out of swimming and allow for armories to work. This would allow you to swap between different fights, or for bosses vs. halls, etc.
    • Like x 15
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I can dig that as long as there are the prototyped "air bubbles" located inside the actual boss fight. Is this the case Mepps?
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

:: bows ::
    • Like x 2
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That's one step Mepps but that doesn't address the primary concern about having a support role die during the actual fights in Crowns regular or more importantly elite and no other role would be allowed to switch to replace that during the fight.

How would you feel if you had almost completed the Elite fight or regular and the boss was at 10% health and your healer or tank died and you had someone in the group that could switch right away but was prevented because of swimming and the raid wiped and had to start their progress all over from the beginning just because swimming was enabled in the raid?

That is a very unfortunate and negative gaming experience for that group. If a true workaround can't be completed which I truly don't expect it will because this wasn't planned during the 2 weeks on test before release then Swimming must be disabled for the entire raid of Crown of Thorns
    • Like x 5
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

When he said at key points in the instances I understood it as there will be an air bubble in the boss room. So if someone goes down you can swim over there and change. Maybe ?
  15. SilkyPawz Bunny

Will I still be able to swim in the open world and have bubbles like there is now?
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I learned over 7 years in the game never to interpret what a Green says, if its not explicitly outlined as there will be a bubble for the entire duration of the fight or where it will be or how large the radius will be, I will mention it. Also think of the like 90%+ or so of the playerbase that doesn't look at the forums and will not understand what the bubble is there for or realize they can't switch an armoury until they go and try then you have 100's of the same questions being asked about what to do. Also take the shark king fight for example if you need to switch during the pushback phase how can you possibly swim over to the bubble which more than likely will be placed at the entrance door while getting knocked back?

At this point there are way more cons than pro's for swimming when talking specifically inside the raid instance.
    • Like x 5
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Will we be able to swim and use Invisibility and or Stealth?
    These are the heavy hitters for Mental and Gadgets.
    • Like x 2
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We understand having full-functioning armories is important to high level play. We are still working on the specific implementation and where these air bubbles might go/fit, without causing other problems. It may vary by fight.

That said, Atlantis is underwater, and a much more treacherous place than the soft dryland environments you are used to. Combat may have limitations and increased risks when you are deep beneath the sea.
    • Like x 4
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

More than 90% of the playerbase don't use armories to start with. Just saying.
    • Like x 2
  20. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'd love to see what that percentage is for endgame players :)
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.