Survival Mode Kudos

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flightboy New Player

We didn't farm it nor run it 20 times. We may have run it a dozen times max. We also didn't always have the same 8 for those dozen runs...

I've watched more than 1 legit run streamed by your mates... Quick question though, how many times did you guys run it on test? Not trying to flame you or yours here, but I'm pretty sure ( I could be wrong ) I read somewhere you along with a few other respectable PC Leagues were burnt out from test runs by the time it went live...

Correct me if I'm completely mistaken. :)
  2. TheLoneLantern New Player

I was referring to the US side of Odyssey. EU side ran it 3 or 4 times total, IIRC.

I ran it thrice on Test. First time we lost main troller in round 4 due to a rezzing glitch, lost a dps halfway through round 5, and got to the bosses of round 6 before deciding to just end it. Second time we got to round 6 on villainside, Kyle Rayner's unbreakable blue light encasement ruined our run. Third run was on heroside again, and Fabrikant's 39k grenade hits ended our run.

On test, there was always a group looking for people for SM, but most of those groups didn't get past round 4 or 5. I'm not burnt out per se, it's more that there's quite a bit of struggle to get 8 ideal players logged in at specific times, then another struggle to get them to run content for 3 hours straight for one night, let alone several times a week. There are also a few leaguemates that have no interest in SM, since the mechanics are not engaging enough for them, along with the absurdly high health pools.
  3. Harley Quinn New Player

We just beat round 8 on survival mode! We wiped at Arkillo and Sinestro :(
    But we are happy we made it as far as we did before SM went away.
    USPC server.
    [IMG]
    (sorry for crappy quality)
    [IMG]

Leagues:

Play
    PowBangBoom44
    The Electron
    STAR REACHER
    Erin Stormstone
    Looh

Keep Walking
    NealScott

GamerApoc
    juicejar

Dauntless Extreme
    Catalysto
    • Like x 1
  4. King Nero-EU-PC New Player

Mepps you need to update this :D, EU-PC also has level 10 :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

I'm really surprised to hear this since Odyssey is hosting a player panel at SOE Live to talk about "Advanced Raid Tactics"

To my knowledge, SM is really the only "competitive" PVE the game has right now.
    • Like x 1
  6. BigAl Devoted Player

Was it me, or did they show that some of the teams that claimed to be "first" to beat a round weren't actually first? They were just the first to stream it or head to the forums to announce it?
    • Like x 1
  7. kawe Loyal Player

Grats to eveyone.

I must say, I'm sad SM is gone. Can't wait for the next map.
    Our league finally got a grip and started to take it serious, but too late now. It's so much fun if the team runs smooth. Sadly Evil Star was our stop sign for now.

But I will wear my bronze tee with pride. :3
    • Like x 2
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

We only ran it 3 times as a league. Wear my bronze in my SM tank build. ;)

Alot of people I spoke to said they didn't have the time to run it and, aside from rare styles dropping, there was no other incentive to make the push.
  9. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Lots of people were taking a break till DLC11.

And the TIME x REWARD ratio was not good enough...

Besides, SM was not a REAL raid, so... :p
  10. kawe Loyal Player

We where in there a few times overall, getting everyone an Iron shirt. But time is a huge factor. Most of our leaguers have jobs, so we only had like 2 weekends for serious runs. Plus we never had a fixed team, we run with who wants in or has the time.

If I could, I'd wish for a shorter version of SM. The 5 hours it takes for ppl to beat round 10 is just too much for most of us with a regular life. (jobs, family)

I'm fine with it only dropping rare styles. There is more to gain from running instances than marks and progression alone. ; >
    • Like x 1
  11. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

SM, for us, represented a challenge. A challenge in the sense that #1, Spytle said it couldn't be beat, we wanted to prove him wrong and #2, bragging rights. For those claiming all we did was run SM, that couldn't be further from the truth. We never seemed to have the same group when we got to the higher rounds, as evident from the OP. We weren't farming it. And we didn't run it as many time as people think. It's a pretty bold statement to say we ran it a specific number of times, when you're not in the league.

We all have jobs and responsibilities outside of the game. There were times we couldn't run it due to scheduling conflicts.

For our group, A lot of us are at the point we really don't need to play the game until the next DLC. We're maxed out on feats, marks, have all the gear. SM was the challenge we were looking for and gave us something to do, and something to be excited about.

I congratulate everyone that ran SM. I hope you guys enjoyed it and your rewards. I'm really looking forward to the next event.
    • Like x 6
  12. Mercenary Renegade New Player

Time was a huge factor on who got to be in those SM runs and when we were able to at least get the correct roles to play. Some nights we had enough people to do it, other nights not so much. You do know SF and the mixture of the other group (Individuals, Pwny Slaystation, etc..)who beat round 10 also have jobs and families too right?
    • Like x 1
  13. BigAl Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a shot at you, so I wouldn't get all defensive. But you do realize that being the most vocal about completing something first, someone was bound to take a shot, right?
    I'm happy you guys could make the time work for you and prove the devs wrong. Kudos to you. I figured a PS team would do it first because of the size of the community.
    • Like x 2
  14. Starbrand Dedicated Player

To me, it is a big feat of patience... and skill with a PS controller!

Dont take me wrongly, I really think it is an acomplishment :)
    • Like x 1
  15. King Nero-EU-PC New Player

umm, ye... from what i know you can still enter survival mode from portal... so you can still do it :D
  16. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Haha I've tried playing the game with a KB+M, I just can't do it lol. And then add in TS where I have to hit another button to talk? Aaahhhhhhh my brain stops functioning lol. I have to go back to a controller :D it was very difficult to play with out one on test lol. One day, I might try to master it ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. kawe Loyal Player

Excuse me, but did I mention you guys? Or that only ppl without jobs can go to round 10?

Stop thinking everyone wants to spit on ur cake. I was talking about me and our league. <,<
  18. kawe Loyal Player

I know. But not enough ppl who want to give it another go.
  19. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

At our first SOE Live we have put in to do a panel on what we are likely known best for: raiding. I'm not sure what that has to do with our desire (or lack of) to run this Survival Mode. Can you rephrase your question?

On a more general note - I myself ran SM once on villain for test, and four times on live I think. I believe we had a couple more runs beyond that, but like others are saying it never seemed to be the same team. I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't beat round 10 of course but it was unlikely to happen for us unless we got another month or so to get everyone back in the game.

Congratulations go to everyone who did manage to beat it. Regardless of whether or not people "spammed" it, it took a lot of time, effort, dedication and skill to get so far. I'm glad someone proved the devs wrong when they said it couldn't be done! That'll teach em to underestimate their playerbase.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mercenary Renegade New Player

I'm pretty sure it wasn't, I was just reminding them that other people got lives too. Making time for the event was pretty hectic sometimes especially since we needed certain roles to fill in our group setup(the way we like to run it). We never really had a fixed group, just basically took in people who could do their support role and dps. Anywho, thanks for kudos, I did enjoy the challenge of beating SM. :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.