Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage - Imposter Edition

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Im not testing so i shouldnt really be in here but i do have a question...

Have you guys tried to two tank it?... does it make it easier?... i I know you are testing what rage can do and im assuming you are solo tanking..(correct me if im wrong)...

And if you havent tanked with a second tank... my next question is.... are the other two tank powerset hat have been updated having similar trouble with that many adds?...
  2. Cyro Committed Player

Suggestions for replacement powers for rage

Lacerate - Make it Guy/Atrocitus flail

Channel hate - Make it apply a plasma burn dot to the target and explode in a small area to do a small dot on nearby enemies. Also buff damage

Ferocity - So if i remember correctly rage lanterns have the ability to use the rage of others to bolster themselves so why not change this ability so that we get a health increase depending on the amount of enemies nearby. Of course we cant have them same health stacking we do on live but we could have a small one time increase when we use the ability depending on how many adds are nearby that would last for 12 seconds. You could also add fervor to this ability so that way we have the choice to increase our health based on nearby adds or we could use remorseless recovery to get heals based on our damage. This choice could add much needed variety to rage tanking, AND it adds more skill, do we choose to stack health or heal ourselves but we cant do both.
    • Like x 1
  3. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Doesnt make since? Lanterns use thier rings/emotions to turn thoughts into physical form. Its ok to pull a giant minigun out of thin air that shoots imaginary bullets but you think its crossing the like if you slash at the air with your hands and send out slash/blade projectiles??

I take it you are over on the weapon threads telling them to remove every tap/hold ranged attack from melee weapons also because that equally does not make sense?
  4. Cyro Committed Player

At times its very op but not always :p.

Yea as soon as i thought of the ferocity idea i think i saw an actual light ball go off above my head.
  5. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Impressions about melee:
    Outrage->Chain->Revenge
    I think Eviscerating Chain needs to have a bit less cd in order to match whit the Outrage big combo.
    Giving players the opportunity to do the full rotation if big combo or to do weapon attack if choose the small combo;3

About Outrage new combo, h5! About animation, you guys couldn't make 1st from the rigth, second from the left(for a HUGE splash on the end:3)? Would look more cool.

About Dreadfull Blast, i think needs a little less cd also. It gives no reward, if you do the timing correctly since you will have to wait.

About RA, well is a shame to lost the healing power(thats is what defined rage dps from the others), however is understandable and I kind of like it(seems not useless anymore, compared about what it was).

Bloodlust, as it is, it will be useless if you dont use weapon attacks. I hope to give some bonus, like more resistance or more damage, something that would allow PftT to be able to use it. (I dont want to rip my BloodlustIII;_;)

Dps rage may not have the heals now, but at least you guys could try give dps some damage resistance?

Part2(Not so important):
    So you grab a sword, it spins! We call it lacerate! (Realy?)
    Well it looks cool, lets make whit a Chain now! (And so Mangle was born.)

Well why not rechange both powers?
    Well instead of one sword spins! Why not a rain of swords to the target!
    (I can already see red swords everywhere!)
    (Just follow the Gilgamesh example, he knows how to do it!)

We got something decent, so lets give another.
    What about a huge red construct sword and cost 50% supercharge?
    Something like hl chainsaw but 10 times bigger!

I can already see a big HUGE sword doing splash and do the same effect as big gun:3(If big gun can do it so can I!)

Would be realy cool!:D

(Fate references are real, xd)
    Part3:
    Frenzy: Not gonna use it, but i can see some try. Seems decent congrates!:3
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yeah, That move should have a bigger cone. hitting 3 targets is better than just two. It's so small.
  7. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

After some time of testing in different content here is my feedback on Rage power:

1. Reduce power cost of Frenzy combo to 50 per tap. It's move with fast animation so it dry your power too fast. Also it should to cancel out rage-crash like Outrage etc.
    2. Rage Blast should be small AoE like Gadget's P.Dart. It's make this ability more useful in range build.
    3. Channel Hate is useless. Replace this ability or at least make it 35% finisher for range build.
    4. Relentless Anger now pure melee ability. SC-generator should be aviable on range(without clipping) too. Make this ability similar to Light's Light Weight Strike, but may be with Chompers or Spike Quake animation.
    5. Add control resistance to Berserk or increase duration.
    6. Increase cone of Plasma Retch & Rage Bringer.
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Moja,
    If you persist about Severe Punishment's 12 sec cooldown, at least increase Enrage duration from 8 to 10 secs.
    This is the only way Rage tanking can function with just one 12 sec cooldown Group Immunity.

Also you might wanna consider adding Accelerated Severe Punishment tactical mod in some of new capsules.
    Atomic has an Accelerated Proton Remedy and Ice can pick from 3 different accelerated mods for each of their Shields.
    Atomic and Ice dont have to bother with vulnerability gaps between duration of the effect of their main mechanic and prolonged cooldowns.
    • Like x 1
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Awesome idea if you ask me. Rage is already one of the most visually appealing powers, it'd be awesome if this could be implemented the same way as impact. Another range move for rage.
    • Like x 1
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Now I haven't played with rage on live in a while but channel hate is still not really useful. I think it's better than the live server though.

Major concern: Now I didn't run rage in a raid so I was wondering if rage will have to range against the bosses in a raid like with AM.
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

exactly, the weapon tap/hold ranged attack is necessary for balance purpose though.
  12. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think that if second ranged combo is added to Rage, it should definitely involve modified version of Ram as a combo.

Of all the stuff available to Lantern Legends in game, Im thinking about some sort of:

Tray power like Kilowog' Ground Spike (he jumps at the ground which looks very powerful :D) or John Steward's Construct Grenade ( again player makes sort of a jump like before Snap Trap)
    WITH
    a Hold Range combo into Sinestro 's Abhorrent Blast or Guy Gardner' Construct Missile which are best looking modified versions of Ram.

That should look pretty cool as a second ranged option.
    • Like x 3
  13. Cyro Committed Player

Or just make without mercy a combo instead of replacing a sc that no one uses with a supercharge that no one will.
  14. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

i hope they choose Guy Gardners Construct Missile as the second range combo and make it so each combo the missiles get bigger.
  15. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

:D ihey you must have forgot red lanterns can make any kinda construct heck atrocitus made a construct of mera so im pretty sure Red Plasma Missiles would fit well over channel hate :p.
    • Like x 1
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Is Berserker intended to be a 500 cost SC or 1000 cost SC? The tool tip says 1000 but it is clearly only 500 cost.

P.S: Rage is freaking fun on Test. lol. When you can melee...oh...my...god.

EDIT: Nevermind. I was looking at the SC cost incorrectly. A full SC cost is 2000 while a 50% cost one is 1000.
    • Like x 1
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Melee everything and just yell to be picked up when your doing dumb stuff and die lol. Thats what i did last night in oly just to see how far melee can go.

Power costs seem pretty good melee wise with 2 trolls. There was a few times i had to slow it down a bit or drink a cola but i wasn't struggling one bit.
    • Like x 1
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yeah no lie you were my inspiration to try it out after I saw your video. :)

Now I just gotta figure out how to make Light as viable. I am definitely missing something when it comes to the rotations. I can't seem to find that sweet spot in content.
    • Like x 1
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I played real wreakless and died in spots I knew I would die in but I figured let's do it for science and see what happens lol. It got pretty scetchy at times cause my pc takes a dump when there's lot going on and I'm recording so I do weird stuff sometimes but it adds In some pretty funny moments when I start doing stuff I'm not really doing lol

Oh and to touch on light I found running things with light my melee is suffering from the super narrow cones with some of the rotations I do. Heck even some range stuff is affected by it. Not a fan of these cones one bit. I haven't played light that much after the changes but I'm about done with rage and nature for now so I'll be joining you in the light thread more in the next few days.

Let's jump in a raid and get wreakless lol
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Can we get the (Revenge) Animation change back to the way it normally was before
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.