Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage - Imposter Edition

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

I agree with you on pretty much everything but Galling. Galling is like Psychic Prison and Cryofield. It drops at your feet and goes about 12 meters. They are all 300. It's part of their guidelines. It doesn't bug me that much, but it does make range less.
  2. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

What's the Ferocity replacement?
    Don't get the Lacerate change. If anything it should be removed/reworked to a range ability. Rage seriously needs one.

Removal of JC sucks. Balance is pointless if combat is not fun. I understand dumbed down combat makes the powersets more accessible to all, just keep in mind every time you guys attempted this in the past for sake of balance, from WM spam to AM spam, it ended up hurting the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Basically, half of Rage's powers need about 15% or more cooldown reduction to work, including: Dreadful Blast, Outrage, EviChain, Severe Punishment.

Examples:
    • All other 35% finishers in game seem to have standard 4,4 sec cooldown but EviChain has 6 sec cooldown. Why ?
    • With Outrage at 3 sec and EviChain at 6 sec coldowns, current melee combo is ruined. Playing EviChain>Outrage>Revenge continuously is not possible anymore. Outrage's Tap combo is useless to me.
    • Dreadful Blast at 2,5 sec - range rotation ruined. In fact there is no range rotation without Dreadful Blast spam.
    • Severe Punishment at 12 sec cooldown - inconsistent tank mechanics. We have whole 4 secs vulnerability but Rage Crash still has to be canceled every 8 secs so with Redirected Rage at 18 sec cooldown you can use it only every second rotation. This is the reason why people use 2 Immunities both of which were at 18 sec cooldown, so you can clip Rage Canceling combo combo every time.

Another thing is if you want to keep pushing Fervor,
    Rage tanks should either gain this buff passively by just being in tank stance or Fervor should be added to all combos, all Rage crash mitigators, all pulls and and all Group Immunities.

Ive also changed my mind about Power costs.
    Too high Power costs will lead to problems down the road with trollers, we are at the risk of speccing full Power and still not being able to meet power costs for melee rotation. Better if damage+ power costs get reduced and if we feel power efficient at some point can just start speccing Might instead of Power.
    • Like x 4
  4. Pults Loyal Player

Suggestion - replace channel hate with Legends Guy Gardner's Violet Jerk (2nd ability) or Mace of Rage (3rd ability). Nobody likes this ability and it completely contradicts what the powerset should be, be fast,aggressive and powerful. OR combine the two mentioned abilities and make it a range option, being limited to plasma retch (not a fan of) and Dreadful Blast isn't a good thing.
    • Like x 2
  5. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Plus replace mangle with the buture as a sc it can work like big gun have the bull charge out of your ring and smash the adds from earth
  6. RLManuel Committed Player

asme

The only good changes are plasma retch and redirected rage :(. the majority of the rage community has been asking for more range combos or abilities for YEARS, why wont the DEV's listen? You guys don't make all content meleeable so why limit Rage to melee when your game is not centered around doing melee only? Everyone is saying and has been saying the cooldowns are way to long and yet they remain the same, is this revamp really for us?

Frenzy should(could) have been made to a range ability were you throw plasma blast from long range.

Channel hate has always been useless and making it mobile with bad damage output wont change that... Channel Hate should(could) have been made into a range combo similar to Light Blast for Hard Light. No one uses channel hate so why keep it in? Why not change it to something useful?

Rage blast should(could) have also been made into a range combo.

Since we rage users aren't mindless we should be able to create hard light constructs other than maces.

So far I don't see the point in giving feedback... yes there is still time to change things on rage but with the DEV's history with rage it seem really pointless...:(
    • Like x 3
  7. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

[IMG]
    This guy needs to be ingame cmon devs plz
    • Like x 6
  8. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

I like the idea but i think it would be hard for them to implement and it would almost go against lore abit so DC wouldnt approve of it as the Butcher is an Emotional Entity though i would like to suggest Dex-Starr(or a Construct like) Pet Sc.
    • Like x 1
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Please make the combos cool downs the same in DPS & TANK roles?

1. Channel Hate - changed to mobile cast and reduced the damage slightly
    This is a quality of life improvement. ( I like it but its still not very useful )

Thinking of ranged requests here
    Most players hate this power but it could be a great power if ...........
    Channel Hate would stun & combo into another power like light blast does with HL.
    Make it combo into Rage Blast and or Dreadful Blast.

2. Frenzy - is no longer vulnerable to Block
    This should make it more consistent with how combo abilities work

( Frenzy's power consumption is still messed up / using too much power )
    Doing a spam test on dummies..........
    I run out of power faster using Frenzy than I do using Outrage using combos. :confused: :p

3. Rage Blast - increased damage slightly

Rage would be better served by removing the taunt from Rage Blast and adding the taunt to Eviscerating Chain.

Make Rage Blast function more like Ram or Impact on HL that can combo into another power like Channel Hate and or Dreadful Blast. ( thinking of ranged requests again & trying to help make them useful )

THEN...........
    Eviscerating Chain would then be a single pull / taunt / stun like the iconic power lasso.

4. Outrage - now categorized as melee, increasing the damage slightly.

I will add that I did notice the adjustment to power consumption with this combo & now using the 3 click combo ( tap+tap+hold ) here. We now are not drained of power like before.............Yes! High five!:D
  10. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

I was able to get on test for the first time today to see where Rage DPS is compared to live. I got my test character to CR 189, put in Might and Power VIII mods, split the remaining SP my character had after crits into Might and Power, and went into Raising Hades and Wayne Manor Gala after practicing on sparring targets.

After those experiences, I'm trying to understand what direction Rage DPS is being taken in. I know Severe Punishment had its heals reduced in Tank stance because Rage tanking has received increased defense with Fervor, but that reduction in healing has translated into DPS role as well. If Rage is supposed to be high risk and high reward, with the focus on melee, is this change to SP's healing going to be left as is in DPS role? I tried to cope with the extra damage coming in using Remorseless Recovery but the healing just didn't make up for the reduction in SP. The healing on live (healing back 100% of the damage received), while not perfect, is viable for melee in all content except for raids, but I could barely survive in the boss fights in the duos. While I'm all for more ranged options, it seems like melee DPS is being left in the lurch. Is the plan for melee DPS to be truly viable in terms of survivability?

And as many have already mentioned, the power consumption from Rage combos alone being as high as they are in addition to using Bloodlust and a PI applier had me out of power after just one rotation, even with the gear and mods mentioned above. I know it has been said that more SP, mods, ect. needs to be invested into power for PftT to work, but even with nearly max CR, decent skill points, and Might and Power mods, it still doesn't seem viable especially with more power being required for healing abilities like RR at melee range. At the very least, even if not likely, I hope making individual Rage combos's power cost free (like on live) could still be considered.
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

These vids here i'm showing the cone width and i've noticed this with other similar abilities. The cone on things is simply to narrow, if players are standing close or midrange and not centered perfectly on the targets your not hitting them all and this is defiantly a issue and also just a bad design for overall function.

I'd really like to see the cones widened and i'm not even sure why they where changed to begin with...?

• Like x 3
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ok so if my last two vids weren't example enough of the bad cone design heres a better example and you can see clearly that cones need to be widened.

If your using a cone ability at point blank like you would be with rage melee even targeting the center dummy you still can't hit all targets. This is a major flaw.

• Like x 1
  13. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Atrocitus's cat in gods among us. My bad for pet comment Feline companion.
  14. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Don't compare to lights ram cuz all of lights range combos are kinda messed up cuz no cc on ram and impact. I'm kinda partial to blame trying to get them to apply daze not lose knock back and do more damage to dazed targets which it actually doesn't do. Some things were cool though I could play from the tray in solo but i wasn't trying to clip like crazy. Gl with rage just wanted to post about the feline.
  15. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Im not a tester...

It seems like you want frenzy to be a more attractive power. I loved the old animation but it was super weak and the speed up mechanic seemed broken or meaningless. You never saw people using it. Like I said I have not seen what new frenzy is like but I have 2 suggestions...

Frenzy idea #1 Give it a red version of Hard Light claws. (make claws on both powers a x5 tap combo)

Frenzy idea #2 Keep old animation but make the power ranged. Make it a x3+ hold/tap combo. Each slash would send out a 1hand ranged tap slice animation. Your claw slashes would send out slice projectiles. That would be bad *** and give people more range options.

LOVE that you removed pushback from lascerate. I would so love to do 360 pull followed by lascerate as a combo. If you cant find anything cool for mangle i suggest keeping it a spin attack but also add 360 pull to it. Ground punch/360 pull into lascerate into mangle = awesome blender of death.

Rage has cool animations. It just needs all pieces to combo and flow smoothly together so we can mix and match. Like I loved frenzy but it sucked before, that 1 power would have fit my 2nd character I ever made so well it has made me want to switch powers. I can't give up my current rage toon tho.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

#1 that's how it is on test already, well kind of it has revenge claw animation.

#2 range and claws doesn't make sense visual

Frenzy is ok the way it is on test now , the only problem is maybe power cost and that it is not mobile ... mobility would make this ability so fun !
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

They can just make a generic bull construct as a ranged power. Have it work like impact.
    • Like x 1
  18. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

This move is still useless.... it has no place in a melee rotation even after the latest update, the only thing that can save this move is making it mobile other wise no reason at all to use it.
  19. Cyro Committed Player

Tested the new changes to dps. I came in second off my about 3 or 4mill and i dont usually dps so i say rage is almost in line with elec at range. He and i also did the duo which i came first so in melee rage has the advantage(surprise to no one).

Range loadout: Serve punishment(when i could get close enough), plasma retch, galling eruption, infuriate, dreadful blast, and channel hate which actively decreased my damage. I stopped using it after one or two rotations.

Melee loadout: serve punishment, plasma retch, galling, beserker, outrage, channel hate just to fill out the loadout.

I did a play from the tray loadout and during the raid i had to pop a cola almost as soon as it came off cooldown. During the duo i had to use my weapons a few times.

Modded: Red- Power/Might, Yellow- Power/Might, Blue- Might/Health
    Skill Points i put all my sp into crits to fill them out then 108 in might and 75 in power. Full 189 gear.

I found it to be a little clunky. I love the addition of the dot to serve punishment and the jump cancled-able dot to plasma retch however - going from plasma retch to dreadful blast there was a rather annoying delay that messed my rotation quite abit. Even when jump canceling it went on for a little too long, im not sure if this was done on purpose or not but not only does it slow down the pace of the power but it messes up the rotation even more than the extra time you added to dreadful blast.

I have a feeling the reason why no ranged powers were added is because dc has to approve of it which i hope is the case for why none havent been added yet. I do not however want a light ripoff to the tune of minigun or ram, rage specialness has already been taken away quite abit i dont want to become just like light. The easiest addition is the flail that the red lantern legends use.

Power costs need to be reduced...surprise to no one

Now i havent tanked since the new changes however i can already tell the changes to ire while amazing is not perfect. Now i know this is some neat picky level suggestion however i think it would be easier if you reduce the cooldown by one or two seconds. Over the course of a raid you are not going to time it perfectly so you will sometimes do the breakout a few milliseconds later and so on and so on till you dont have time to use the breakout. Now while this isnt a deal breaker it would however make a great improvement to rage tanking - its not like we rage tanks use our breakouts for anything else.

Overall the changes are better but still not right, also why did you spend the time to change channel hate? Why not do something useful like change the color of the watchtower by a single shade.
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

in case i missed to point it out: channel hate is still garbage and will not find a place on any loadout.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.