Stats Revamp 1.3: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah it's a new ranged combo that it adds a bit of flare to Staff. Kinda completes the whole sorcerer or Robin vibe IMO.
    • Like x 1
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

As I pointed before Soul Storm really has to be changed to keep the damage when we Jump. If this change happens Ill probably use it over Soul Siphon.

Soul Siphon is pulling enemies towards me but also kinda scattering them around me which is awkward and hardly ideal for Dpsing. Especially when Pet and half of the powers we have use a frontal projectiles...

Shard of Life wouldnt have such problems!

Soul Siphon could work for a melee based play with a second 360 degree sphere AoE to use along with Karmic Backlash. Karmic Backlash alone has very long cooldown and the animation is a bit awkward to build a whole loadout around it.
    • Like x 1
  3. KellyCares New Player

- Shields duration should last longer and be stronger. (3-6 sec longer)

- Cooldowns are toooooooooooooooo long. (See how i did that!)

- Ritualistic Ward should still feed watcher or its waste of time to have two slots used up just for watch. Feel like there is know reason to change this other then nerf and it now takes up to slots just to use watcher and now i don't want to use watcher and he was 35% of my damage maybe. No other powers do damage in loadout.

- With a good group healing like this... all tho feeling real weak is doable. But lets be honest. We run in to me first or not that good of players all the time and it will suck to carry them like this.

- I feel that both the healing powers on test are weak with the heals. Solo heal is your get them up now heal and its like throwing cotton balls right now. its not good with cooldowns or power consumption.

- I guess you increased the range but that really wasn't a issue i ran into a lot.

- It was going to be a big issue with cooldowns, but why take are numbers so low also.. it doesn't feel like a stat revamp it just feels like a total nerf.

- The numbers have to come closer to live.

- Please put it back the way it was as a healer. I've been Sorcery since day one and for 6 years its been great and now this. I'm looking at other options now. But Electricity felt just as week and cooldowns suck also.

- i know that we may not be close to the end of testing anytime soon, but my love for this game dies a little more with each test you guys put up. I know what your seeing as when i'm on my alts on live healers just spam powers and think there good instread of hitting the shield right when the Phoenix pops up to shoot fireballs to protect the group most people just spam to get thru it. But there as to be a happy middle where my healer feels strong and it challenging.

- Healing now feels like a job and not a game.... (i feel like you guys made strides on dps side with power and your getting closer and from what people told me tanking is better but to me healing isn't even close).
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

As of version 1.3. To find PI values, add 10% to the number to get the damage with PI. This was found with 9848 might, 11431 precision, CR173, and against Typhon openworld NPCs (186 level).

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

Hmm, Vengeance and Transmutation are doing the same damage now? If so I'd say Vengeance should be doing more as it's only a single-target attack.
  6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Awesome Rokyn ! Id love to see this type of info for all the powers.
  7. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Actually you're correct, Transmutation hits for around 3700 without PI instead of 4200. That was a typo in the graph. Good catch. I'll just have to edit that later. Though everything else is accurate.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

If we cannot get Shard of Life back (/cry /wrists), can you at least let Transmute blow stuff up again?
    • Like x 2
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Id rather have the Explosive Sigil animations that Shard of Life, Karmic Backlash and Transmutation currently have at Live servers
    be back instead of all that we got now at Test.
    • Like x 2
  10. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

In live, one thing that is a problem with Soul Well is that, well, it pulls a lot to you. Especially in open world like Typhon Invasion where the duration is longer than respawn. How I dealt with getting adds was through the Transmutation nockback. This allowed me to get things off for a second to do something else without being stunned myself. Without that ability, I am not sure if I would ever use Soul Well or Transmutation. Add tot his the above DPS chart. Those powers can easily be outclassed by others for doing the damage.

I also load Soul Well in DPS as a group buff. Take any time where the group is attacking a number of mobs. By having Soul Well up I got a crit bonus to everyone... which is gone. =/ Basically, the differences between Soul Well and CoD are less than before... So again, less reason to look at Soul Well at all.

It would be nice if it did somthing to differentiate it. Anyone have any ideas? Mixed HoT/DoT? A bit of damage a bit of heal, but which is more depends on role. So 2/3 to role and 1/3 to other. As a healer it would do 2/3 heals and 1/3 damage, reversed in DPS.

Also, somewhere in all of this they stated they were getting rid of the Red and Gold Soul Auras because people don't use them. Not true. I never used Bad Karma by intent. I just used RSA instead because it got me the PI without needing a BK power... Gold, I never got or used. Not sure if I ever saw it. I use Rejuvinate, and don't see it... so saying people did not use these is misleading because I see Red all the time around Soc users. Instead of the cool aura, which is clear to see when you have a bonus, we get Bad Karma... which you don't see. Hmm.........

Sorcery is still playable, but some of the things that made it unique are going away... However, I am aware that everone in every power will probably say that about something.

I tried Soul Siphon... um... wow. Now I need to make a close range Soc or I don't get one of the major Pi starters? Hey, if you are not going to add explosions to Transmutation again, could you have it AoE Bad Karma? Then I could just dump Soul Siphon completely.
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Add the heal back to soul siphon please!

Karmic Backlash is not cutting it in its current state.. please make it a fractured burst.
  12. Infamous Hacker Active Player

Playing from the tray with Sorcery is inferior to playing from the tray with Mental. Mental has more low cost abilities which means they get to keep their power longer than Sorcery dps, and they get to use a variety of powers in a rotation. I cant tell if pft is actually equal to the other 2 styles of play just yet, im working on that though. What I do know is that Sorcery's powers miss a whole lot more than Mentals and thats a shame. if you guys MUST change some of Sorcery's powers, change Karmic Backlash. Its a Melee ranged power that seems inferior and out of place because the other powers can be used at a range. Sorcery needs another low cost ranged power for playing from the tray.

Things that still need to be changed:

Offering needs to be changed into Shard of Life. I dont understand why it was removed.

Powering ANY pet should be simply a matter of pressing the pet summoning button again. You can still unsummon the pet by holding the summoning button. This will allow us to have 1 more option for our characters loadouts.

Transmutation needs its original function and animation back. It used to be really good, and it could make up for the damage you lost if you missed while using it. The current Transmutation is inferior in EVERY WAY. This was a very confusing and needless change.

Baleful Transmogrification seems terribly weak in damage out. I could be wrong about this, but It seems like its not at all worth using.

Karmic Suspension is terrible. Its range is awful, and the laughing sound effect makes no sense.
  13. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Id like to point out that the one and only AoE CC effect we have - Karmic Backlash is a Point Blank and with 12 sec cooldown! This places Sorcery as the only power set that has close to no CC going!

We need a ranged AoE CC and at least one other AoE CC.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Can we please have Shard of Life restored? The Replacement move is so terrible.

Shard of life had Max Range, Damage Over-time, healing over-time, Aoe, and was the best PI applicator that Sorcery had.
    Karmic suspension has useless Levitation(We're not time travelers or Quantum, we don't need this) Aoe, much smaller range, and much lower damage potential.

You got rid of one of Sorcery's best abilities for absolutely no reason, it's even more insulting when the replacement is absolute garbage.
    Nobody is gonna use Karmic Suspension when Stats-Revamp goes live.
    • Like x 2
  15. Karasawa Loyal Player

Soul Siphon: Pull
    Condemn: Stun (single target)
    Karmic Suspension: Juggle
    Karmic Backlash: Knockdown
    Baleful Transmogrification: Stun
    Polymorph: Dog (single target)

Those are the CC's from 1.2. Not sure if they changed anything. The CC options aren't great.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Have yet to see anyone talk about fury and if changes are being made. Are the useless weapon attacks changing? Is anything being done about him missing? I'm guessing this has something to do with the projectiles you all speak of with the new powers. This would be the time to fix fury. I also think it's a mistake leaving pets CR based unless they never plan to have random OP pieces fall again. If that's not the case, pet classes will be tied to max gear rather than max stats.

Feels like another band-aid.
  17. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

So what you are saying is .....STATS DO NOT MATTER..... very interesting. I've noticed this for all power-sets. So what was the point of this revamp then?

I'm very confused and downright insulted at this product
  18. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I forgot to say anything on sorcery the other night when I was testing. I got tired :p.
    The pets lose power after one shot. If you run pet you are basically acting like a controller if you have pet out. Power dump/shield pew pew pew pew rinse & repeat. It still hits hard but the huge power drain after one shot makes it not as OP. It is hard to get other powers out if you are trying to keep pet shields. I tested this with minimal SP considering that is how most sorcery are running.

I was having issues with playing from the tray without pets out but I only tested that for a few minutes. Runnning the same instances over & over gets tiring.

It would be different if I were actually getting paid to do this but I am wasting my sub doing someone else's J.O.B.......................
    • Like x 1
  19. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I made a thread about precision. I think someone forgot.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ess-we-forgot-about-weapons-precision.283905/
  20. Dead13 Well-Known Player

Let's change arbiter of destiny power. and make it not supercharge and make them like wolf form in nature superpower. A normal form with pet will be weapon based and in arbiter form will be power based.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.