Stats Revamp 1.3: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Oh trust me hun I know lol. I want this Ability useful again. I can side with your statement on making SB like how Trans is but wouldn't it lose the ability to hit 25 times?

I would like Shard of life to return. Even if it became the new SC Generator
  2. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

- Bring back shard of life
    - Revert Transmutation back to non-projectile attack
    - Bring back Golden Soul Aura/ Red Soul Aura (just for visuals if nothing else)
    - Increase priority heals so they are actually impactful again.
    - Change Fury's Arcane Barrage to non-projectile
    - and lastly for the love of *** make ritualistic word give watcher power again.

Stop messing with things as if you are reworking the powers from the ground up. This is supposed to be stats matter not a full revamp of the powers.
    • Like x 4
  3. L T Devoted Player

Even without ritualistic word, I'm finding watcher+offering to be pretty effective despite costing two spots on the load out. Anyone else try using this on test?
  4. L T Devoted Player

To make the supercharge generator useful for healers, Sorcery should get a bad-karma based healing move again.
  5. Infamous Hacker Active Player

It works and It functions as intended, but it was a needless change. Just like the change to Transmutation, and just like the removal of Shard of Life. If ANYTHING needed to be changed its the very notion of needing a second ability to power a pet. I maintain the notion that we should just press the pet summoning icon again to feed them power. It would free up a spot on our loadouts for pet powers just like controllers got with the removal of PoT powers.

Transmutation needs to be changed back to how it is on live (non-projectile attack).

Shard of Life needs to replace Offering or Karmic Backlash as a low cost power because Sorcery needs another long range power for playing from the tray.

If Karmic Backlash is to be left as it is its damage needs to be buffed. As it stands its a melee ranged power that isnt as useful as our ranged options. If its going to be kept it needs to be changed to a DoT at least.
  6. L T Devoted Player

That would be a huge improvement to pet powers. I'm not thinking it will happen, but it would be great if it did.

heh-- my own take was that it needs to come back as a high power/hard hitting ranged aoe burst. The only big hitters are circle and condemn, which I'm pretty sure is single target.
    • Like x 2
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I agree with you about shard's power cost, but I would like it to be a HoT/DoT aoe.

With a long cool down.
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

I think they should just replace Offering. It doesn't seem like anyone actually likes using it. It's just something you have to take in order to get to the abilities you really want; Watcher's heals and Fury's damage. Offering itself isn't fun or interesting or engaging in any way.
    • Like x 6
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

They should just remove power from pets and turn fortify/offering to Command Pet to do something button. Have it be on a longer cooldown so that your pet can only do X amount of dps and Bam pets are now more fun.
    • Like x 1
  10. VioletSorceress Committed Player

This would just further derail Sorcery. Pets work ok as they are, at least Fury and Watcher do. Didnt you see what happened to Gadgets' Turret ? The more they change how stuff works the worst it gets.

We need more options for PftT and better animations.
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Pets were already designed with them doing a burst every ex amount of Seconds. The way it consumes power ensures it can't attack for big damage as often. The wait time to generate power should just be added to the reworded feed buttons cooldown. We would be cutting the middle man out. Benefits include:

1) More control of your pet which is what players wanted. The pet's big damage is no longer passive and it feels like you are interacting with it by directly specifying when to attack. It ehances class fantasy.

2) On demand burst. You get to choose when the big hit comes.

3) Following on the above benefits heels, Having on demand burst means you can actually weave pet burst damage into your load out. You can initiate with Burst or finish with burst. No longer is it just passively happening.

This in addition to your suggestion of better visuals will only enhance sorcery's game play. Having a button that directly make your pet fre the big guns only serves to enhance Play from the tray as well.

A mock rotation could be:

Circle -> Transmutation -> Soul barrage -> Soul storm -> Command pet to attack could be a viable rotation. My proposed suggestion would allow you to put the pet button at any point in that rotation. The Last button would be the summon pet button.(this is not meant to be optimal just and example of the flow of gameplay I am envisioning)

You could opt for maybe a mega pet build by replacing two attacks with Grand Summoning and a super charger builder. When you do grand summoning , You will suddenly have more 4 big guns to fire in you rotation. It could also shorten the cool down of your pet button so during the super charges duration you are in a high burst state. Say for ten seconds you have your 4 pets doing massive burst and then th super charge is over. Now you spend the next X amount of seconds building towards your grand summoning for high burst. Just an idea.
  12. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Hello everyone
    I used a pet and used an offering.
    My current game 1 circle destruction slot, 2 slot soul slot, 3 soul storm slot, 4 soul gulf slot (totem), 5 pet supercar slot and 6 pet fury slot.
    I did some tests without a pet Interaction of powers.
    powers; Soul shatter, soul storm, revenge, soul siphon, condemnation and super charge (the one that only use in bosses or vs 6 enemies or more).
    Factors to take into account survival (health vs time in defeating groups of 3 to 6 enemies, I cr 167 vs enemies cr 186).
    I find that the damage and probability of surviving vs time is low.
    In comparison with mascot use, circle of destruction, abyss of souls, sparks of life and storms of souls and even iferior to interaction of electric type powers of electricity power.

Powers of interaction that give bad karma and distances necessary for it to take effect will see aura around enemies.

1.-condemnation; Only 1 target regardless of which of the three distances.

Siphon of souls; Multiple targets while standing in front of you or the cone.
    Melee and average distances.

3.-splinter of life; Multiple goals around one.
    Melee single distance

Powers that suffer from bad karma and red aura (only granted by mascot when defeating enemy).

Storm of souls (vulnerable to interruptions.)
    Revenge (only 1 vs target)
    Transmutation (1 target and multiple within range of your target.)

The powers not mentioned have no interaction of powers or inflict bad karma or are defective or inefficient.
    (If I am wrong show me with videos please, thanks.)

The interaction of circle powers of destruction has 2 requirements that must be present for such extra damage, if not 3.

First as dps will need after critics use all the rest to domain or just use it in healing paper, then as abysmal weapon only works as damage increase has no other use but that.

They will have to use supercarga sequence or polymorph plus shatter or siphon or condemn and last circle of destruction with only 1.5 seconds of interval between each 1,
    If it breaks 1 before time there was no extra damage from the circle of destruction.
    (If I am wrong on some of the above, prove it with video, thanks.)

The second interaction of powers is red aura, which only grants a pet by defeating an enemy, to be honest even though I let my pet defeat only 1 enemy, I have not seen that red aura around my pet.
    And there are few powers that interact with this (if not none).

Finally this makes me believe that instead of 2 interaction effects powers we only have 1 bad karma,
    And if there are those who want to play without a pet or do it with some power that resembles a pet or a circle, it seems to me that there is not.
    Also mascot also distare enemies apart from damage, which causes us to take less health and do more damage with other powers.
    Then those who want to do damage = or more than mascot vs time vs health itself, is not possible.

If they do not do the same time with mascot, without husar shield, soda, or soup of home base or mascot base home, I do not think so.

(If I am wrong prove it with video and timer.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.